Richter Wygraf

...if there was a master spell for each tree

If a player masters a spell tree and has 20 power points they are able to cast a master spell for that tree once per event.

Necromancy: Blow 20 power to raise a fallen NPC/PC as a gravespawn (Character Death)

Restoration: Blow 20 power to enact an AOE Repel ALL Undead spell for 1 GD

Battle: Blow 20 power to swing for 5 regardless of weapon skill for 1 GD

Compulsion: Blow 20 power to compel the target to tell the truth whenever they speak for 1 GD

Nature: Blow 20 power to increase Body by 2 for 1 GD (breaks cap and stacks with Barkskin)

Aegis: Blow 20 power to gain DR Magic/Silver for 1 GD

Enchantment: Blow 20 power to gain immunity to tagbags for 1 GD

It would be good for RP flavor to assume that the master spell would take at least ten minutes to focus one's entire magic force into casting it.

Just a fun thought

My only thing is that they all sound like cool ritual effects to me. I like the idea that each school gets its own cool flavor text but I think it was talked about last feb feast about giving each school a passive for mastering but it was shot down. I think if they were made into "Master Rituals" were only a Master of the school could use the effect I think you would see them be clamberer and fought over. More so if only one for each tree existed. Resto Master Ritual goes in, Violent Healers here we come :P

If they were just "master rituals" there would be no

sacrifice. Spending your entire shift's magic power

for a unique and powerful spell seems like an interesting

trade-off to me. The caster would then be at the mercy

of consumables or others...

...around them for healing. A ritual doesn't necessarily

dictate a loss.

Would really beefy rituals that allowed you to to burn 10 or 15 power instead of the numbered ritual component work for you guys?

Those of us that PC 3rd/4th would sort of have an unfair advantage though. Considering we come in to game just a couple hours before the next convergence.

Come in to game on 3rd shift, blow big spell, convergence hits a couple hours later, all good for the rest of the night.

If they were just "master rituals" there would be no

sacrifice. Spending your entire shift's magic power

for a unique and powerful spell seems like an interesting

trade-off to me. The caster would then be at the mercy

of consumables or others...

don't forget 20 power in items too!

Those of us that PC 3rd/4th would sort of have an unfair advantage though. Considering we come in to game just a couple hours before the next convergence.

Come in to game on 3rd shift, blow big spell, convergence hits a couple hours later, all good for the rest of the night.

That wouldn't work though, Convergence would reset all your buffs too so you would blow 20 power for about one hour of the spell if you casted it at the beginning of shift. Not to mention you cannot cast it for the rest of the event.

don't forget 20 power in items too!

Right, but they are lootable, or can be misplaced or removed, power points can only be expended. If they have twenty power points of magic items all for restoration, then they are quite prepared.

Would really beefy rituals that allowed you to to burn 10 or 15 power instead of the numbered ritual component work for you guys?

That's an interesting concept. But wouldn't that detract from the " scavenger hunt " nature of finding ritual components in game, or from the general theme of the ritual ("darkness ritual requires one live baby to be sacrificed, I think I'll burn power instead so I'm not seen to be as evil. ")?

Scavenger hunt is secondary to having these effects not be cheap and easy. Also if there is something WAY out of had there is a throttle the Rules can use by asking fewer of the item go into play.

Ok ok, I guess it's about the lazors then. Become a Master, have a BFG that uses all your ammo, grow closer to your companions relying on them to heal your body, restore your limbs, and mend your armor. And of course those examples of each master spell were exactly that, examples. :)

On second thought...yes

What if the ritual perma-burned that 10-15 power. Then you'd have a serious sacrifice. Having to rebuy all your power would be pretty rough

Something that cost you 5 levels (or more) would make you an Avatar or something for the weekend.

I'm thinking that's just silly.

Psh, fuck that noise. Make it something entirely rp based or related to their backgrounds. Would a septon give up five levels in order to save an innocent? Would Raines give up five levels to score the ultimate lady? Would Atticus give up fifty levels for a better couch? You bet your ass.

That's too much of a meta crossover for me.

Also:

All I can picture is the Munchkin Casting Couch. ;)

Chris Blake Ima punch you in the testicles, you leave

my levels alone!

:-D