Sign in to follow this  
pandapuffz

The problem with Pels

How the heck do other people remember what happened during their game? I can remember events, but about When they happened and most of the details are a fun haze... It's like when i try to remember things I did before 4th grade. No details, but images and that SOMETHING happened.

Anyone have Tips on how to get all the information good and in order?

I used to keep a small journal (like the ones Dave has for sale -- PLUG!) and jot down vague notes as things happened. Nothing major, just "yeb farmer plot" to prompt me about what happened and in what order. Now I just write my PELS around the major arc of the event, which is easy enough for me to remember.

I start by writing the BIG stuff, the stuff that was very important to Blagar, then some of the smaller details come back. Fill in the blanks here of there.

I did the journal as well during this event a little bit to help me remember

I do my PELs in the form of journal entries and I typically cover the major events that I remember. If something that seems significant occurs to me later I just add another entry.

Usually though I spend a while going over and tweaking an entry to it says most of what I'd like.

I have the same issue sometimes jamie, i have completely forgotten like HUGE things that happened, it really does take like a week sometimes

i sit and i think about the weekend, and sort of stream-of-conciousness notes out. if they wind up being legible and in the correct chronological order, i ship it in.

it takes awhile though. reading other people's 'best of' posts helps too

Don't think that you need to put in every little detail about the event unless you really want to. What the GM's what to know from PEL's is what YOUR character thought was important or significant to them. If we hear about the same encounters from several people we know it has some sort of impact and that there is player buy in as to whats going on. That is why PEL's are really useful to plot, its just about our only recorded feedback method.

We like feedback, write more pels.