Octavius

4.0 Rules Wiki

https://sites.google...rules0wiki/home

Finished this a while ago. So here it is!

Post here if you find grammatical errors.

Please note that this does have the rules as reflected in the 2011 and 2012 Feb Feast amendments. The actual rules document will be updated as such shortly.

Spiderbyte and Scorpions kiss still both say "poison curse"

Only the first three battle spells are correct, but only the names, the descriptions are not correct.

https://sites.google...33-7-34-helmets

I was just wondering while reading through the rules: Were the requirements for light helmets (primarily metal) and heavy helmets (at least light leather) accidentally swapped?It just seemed a bit counter-intuitive to me.

'Heavy Helmets' are helmets that are a full helmet. One that covers the back, sides, and tops of the head. These helmets can be made fully out of leather or metal.

A 'Light Helmet' is one that just covers the top of the head, like a skull cap or something similar. These helmets must be primarily metal.

Since mechanically helmets give the same amount of protection (you gain one extra armor point), we are trying to balance this a bit. The idea is that people wouldn't wear a metal light helmet, or heavy helmet for that matter, if a light leather helmet counted. There are players who are more concerned about the rules than wearing a thematically appropriate helmet, that's why the rule is this way.

This is also a bit of hold over from our previous rules version where heavy helmets granted two extra armor points and light helmets gave 1. Really it should just be helmets in general, and not light or heavy.

Hope that explains it smile.gif

Weapon crafting ES is only 16, should it be 20?

Weapon crafting just needs a lot of love.

Where exactly did you see the ES CP error?

Out-dated parts of wiki -

The Tinkering craft point table in the wiki still has Ribbon of Truth.

RP Skills still has "Ordained" instead of "Chosen"

It's a small thing, but the spell tables on the "Home>Spells" page say MMP as prerequisite for 1st level spells...should that be MPP (Magic Power Point)?

Also the prerequisites for the tables on the right side of the page all say "lvl x Restoration Spell"

There is a discrepancy between the Wiki and the Rulebook in section 7.13 concerning javelins and throwing spears. The wiki appears to have the old rules. Also, in the rulebook, 7.14 makes a reference to throwing spears as separate from javelins, but in 7.13 where they are defined, there is no reference to throwing spears, only "javelins greater than 42 inches long"

Additionally, in the weaponsmithing table, there is no entry for javelins or throwing spears, only normal thrown weapons. For crafting purposes, are javelins & throwing spears (if a separate entry still exists for them) the same as normal thrown weapons and projectiles? Or does this question belong in its own thread?

The rules for character retirement (section 3.4) do not include mention of half-loot going to new PCs. (I am not sure what the wording actually should be, as I was trying to look it up!)

Here are the relevant rules in the rules doc for this:

3.4 Players who experience character death aregiven one-half of their dead character's levels (rounded up) to upgrade theirnew character or an existing alt of the player.

3.4.1 Experience Points not yet spent to level upmay be transferred to another of the player's characters without penalty.

3.5 Players may voluntarily retire theircharacters.

3.5.1 Game masters may deny the retirement ofcharacters who are currently involved in plot or PVP-related conflicts

There doesn't seem to be a mention of anything about loot.

I think that this is an omission rather than something we've been doing wrong for 6 years. The original announcement about death and retirement from the (at the time) Rules Marshal is here. The current rules should probably be updated to reflect the actual practice we have been following since 2009.

Yes. I totally agree MK. I also think it's an omission. We certainly have been doing half the loot on your dead PC goes to your new PC for years.

Yes. I totally agree MK. I also think it's an omission. We certainly have been doing half the loot on your dead PC goes to your new PC for years.

We should be clear on item values as well (e.g. 1-coin per level of consumable, 150% for "Epic" level items), etc.

Realms of Evenandra, This may have been pointed out already, but I am working on a new character saw it, and figured I would post it

https://sites.google...current-nations