Sign in to follow this  
Tony McHambone

Best Of September

So, Friday night didnt start off well, but it ended with some EPIC roleplaying with Telmar. I look forward to where it all leads.

I got called early Saturday morning for a work emergency and was forced to miss the rest of game. How did everyone enjoy their weekend? I wanna hear all about it!!

How did all of our new players enjoy their experience!?

It's been too long, friends. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am super happy and impressed by all of the newbies!

+The role of Mida, Baevynn's bad ass grandmother, and all of the Dellin ooga-booga. I will always make all of the character choices that make Maggie cry. It is my destiny.

+All of the hilarity surrounding the Bandit Queen plot. Although I think I should've slapped Raines harder. >.>

+Loved my Saturday morning orcs. We had the right energy.

+Newbies + Christopher Robin handled the Kasvac tagging operation quite well.

+Enjoyed my boggart, however briefly she lived.

+Low NPC population on 4th shift opening up the opportunity for PC-to-PC roleplay like whoa.

+The PC roleplay in general. Top-notch from veterans and newbies alike this month.

+Interactions with Baldy. And bullshitting afterwards. "Is it awkward or are we aiming? You never know."

+Getting ANGRY FACE ELIANA at sneaky flower-picking bandits.

+Reviving Keiralynn. Again. Going for a record.

+Bantering with/beating on Ithvendish. Bonding over similar prejudices.

+Standing in solidarity with Bun Wizard saving Eliana from the werewolf blood-tainted "moon pies." Glad to see that little plot line come full circle after what happened last time Rimzass was in town.

+Experiencing Vany'a's plot a an outsider, saying goodbyes, interacting with her dragony aftermath.

+Resolving a simple RP plot with a simple spell = loots and flowers.

+In-character drinking games.

+The sketchier characters in town more or less publicly entertaining an Avatar of Grak, because now Eliana can't be naive about it.

+Abel's stroke of genius in not getting involved with the above.

+DRUNK AND BELLIGERENT 100 ORK FIGHT!!!

+Graveyard fight, even if I did completely forget my shadowskin and parked my ass in the dirt while sheets of rain poured onto my face for 10 minutes.

+Daitoro. 'Nuff said.

My first game and I loved it! Besides the amazing rp at the inn and the great time of just chatting exploring and getting to know who's who I went on 3 great quests the trollpokolyps where a group of us killed over 20 trolls. Then there was the ork slumber party where I got to go fight 100 orks with some of the really strong players!then off course the undead frenzy in pitch dark where chaos ensued. I cannot wait for the next game

Awesome event, as always!

Big thanks to all our new players for being so willing to help with so much - you guys really impressed me with your willingness to jump right in! :D/>

-------

The good:

+++ Finally doing my big ritual! Meeting a screwed up bagman, then getting turned INTO a bagman... then the final outcome which leaves my PC looking a bit.. odd. Huge thanks to Chris T and Richard B for working so hard on this plot that has me absolutely in love.

+++ Atticus lives!

+++ Selling all of my steak-on-a-stake. Apparently Novitas-ians love meat.

+++ Richard the Emerald Bard of Awesomeness. It was so nice to have music in the Inn, either during his singing or when he was just strumming in the background.

+++ The new Inn layout was great!

+++ Amanda is a kickass roleplayer. Those were real tears running down her cheeks. Kudos girl, you rock.

+++ Dressing up like a sexy medusa/gorgon was fun. :3

+++ Bandit Queen. Enough said.

+++ Ambrose returns! Shang returns! Cherry Thunder and thumb wrestling for everyone!

+++ Charging in the Inn with weapons drawn, screaming. Having the group within almost kill us. Vany'a has a bad habit of encouraging drunken Narene to do bad thinngs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LESS GOOD

- - - Rain rain go away.

- - - For the second event in a row, being left with an absolutely trashed cabin. Dirty socks, wrappers, empty water bottles, broken tag bags, wet clothes, dirty tankards, a bracer, a bag of apples, npc items that needed to go to logistics... Come on guys. Either help me clean the place up or find a cabin with a housemaid, because I'm not it. Just asking for a little consideration, is all.

I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in my Medium plot. Amanda, Sandra, Kevin, Richard, and everyone else who helped make it so amazing. You all did so much for Baevynn and I and I really can't thank you enough.

-Thank you very much to the Playboys for being good sports first shift. Baevynn was a little bit super emotional.

-Also thank you to those in Primal form who warned me.

-After crying so much, my facepaint was a little wonky and I didn't realize how freaky it made me look until Ivan walked in and I could see the, "Do I kill it? or..." debate going on in his head.

-Here's to Kirk Redfield, Undead Hunter my favorite partner. Remember to be wary of Parasols.

-"Hah-lo Mis-ter Shah-dah-ku." "Hsssss saah ssss." "What did he say?" "You smell of ash and death." O_O

-Sneaking after Ozell and the Brotherhood and watching some of the ritual from afar, hiding in the woods. I'm glad you were all okay and my presence wasn't necessary.

-Baevynn saw a lot of bad things this game, her naivete and mildly sheltered mindset are both disintegrating.

-I'm really starting to feel a little bit useful. I was sneaky, I was a human shield, I saved Grog(though it was all by chance and will never happen again), I'm a medium. I'm the world's best pack mule.

-"Excuse me sir, do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and Savior The Craftsman?" "Yes." "Fuck."

-I killed two PCs in one event for the first time ever. I've barely landed a hit let alone downed people. However, I felt really, really guilty afterwords.

-Neighbor feuds solved by Eliana making Jebidiah a huge fan of hers XD.

-Baby Marsh is best warrior.

-"This man is smuggling contraband, we are here to turn it into the contraband marshal!" Saber runs off with the box. Atticus and Azgar chilling at the edge of the trail. "Help! this man stole my dowry!" Buahaha, being a bandit is fun biggrin.gif.

-"Help! There are a ton of orcs!" "DRUNK FIGHT. LET'S DO THIS -stumbles out of the inn-"

-Newbies make me happy. Welcome :)

Also, it's Tasha and I's one year LARP anniversary. Thank you to everyone in Novitas for making it an amazing game and thanks for being amazing people. I love you all <3

Amazing event as always.

PC good:

Balder and Jaroth playing the we stay in the Inn game first shift so that Balder could keep an eye on Jaroth so he doesn't go off and die somewhere again.

Trapping the Great Builder. FUCK YEAH!!

Towards the end of the Great Builder having a AJ Piscean cast Mind Blank on me. "Awe really couldn't you have done that earlier... Okay I need a poison sword to kill Bogarts now. Baulder your sword please."

Asking for Bogart hugs only to then kill the one that came forth with Oswald's sword Never trust a crafty elf.

The High Elf that came in looking to get his daughter to return home with him taking her from her human husband. Jaroth steps forward after they both draw there swords and the High Elf turns his on him. Jaroth gets serious now removes his hood and reveals his ears for the first time of the night. Ensuing RP that involved Jaroth telling the High Elf to return home and seek help from the Evanandren officials not anyone in Pinedale.

Atticus lives once more.

Third shift Jaroth doesn't just wear a lot of blue colors anymore he exudes an aura of it.

Vanishing from Balder and heading down to kill bandits with Mcfathom, Narene, Ish, Talmar, and one of the new people. Jaroth somehow ended up killing 3 himself, While saving Ish and then helping Narene and Mcfathom corner the last bandit.

Leaving that encounter we get ambushed by Boglurkers we finally kill them an dloot. Okay 2 drinks for everyone at the inn and what ever that item is it is a bad omen.

Jaroth's and Blagar's negotiations were intense. Blagar had every chance to kill Jaroth at any moment but Jaroth wasn't worried. They have reached an understanding that is a "I will scratch your back and You will scratch mine agreement."

Kirk Redfield zombie hunter. Jaroth has a wraithbane and resilience. Yep zombie kasvaks don't stand a chance.

Balder and Jaroth heading to the tent field after Jaroth told Balder we might want to go help Eliana. Sure enough enter the field and hear her scream time to move. Okay time to kill bandits synchronize and go.

The High Elf that came in looking to get his daughter to return home with him taking her from her human husband. Jaroth steps forward after they both draw there swords and the High Elf turns his on him. Jaroth gets serious now removes his hood and reveals his ears for the first time of the night. Ensuing RP that involved Jaroth telling the High Elf to return home and seek help from the Evanandren officials not anyone in Pinedale.

Dude, that was badass.

This was a great event for me, thank you to everyone who made it amazing!

Some highlights are:

-The great craftsman ritual, being able to be the one doing the ritual and finally trap him, thank you to all who backed me up!

-complaining about the amount of ooze In town

-watching a fae get limb wounded and silenced and left in the woods

-Atticus lives and meeting him

-pinedale is free!

-Druid plot, with the two dryads, learning more about nature and finding TONS of grapes

-bandits, the look on some of their faces when I threw magic at them.

-beggars

-grave diggers

In no particular order:

~Seeing old people and meeting new people

~Rolling out with the Playboys was a fun time. Even though we got lost in the woods, it was still a good time.

~"I haven't eaten for days! Please can you spare a coin?" *reach in pouch, hand over coin*. Rinse and repeat for what seemed a dozen times. I have very little in coin now, but at least farmers got fed.

~Telmar's awesome fire. I thought the rain would put it out but it always roared back.

~Atticus is fixed!

~Falco is also fixed but gone.

~I dislike the combo of rain and boglurkers...

~"You have a dumb problem. I will fix this. *Cast spell*" Upon hearing a PC frantically trying to find a Heal Mortal consumable before the person being healed bled out.

~GRILLED CHEESE!

~Bringing grilled cheese back for Jenica and Dan.

~Making plans with Balder to release a notice to NOT stick anymore high dark fae in the lake. There's already 2 down there and it's probably a REALLY bad idea to make that 3.

Had a lot of fun NPCing as hard as I could, my favorite moment had to be dressing up as Fabiorc and directing all my attacks at Vincent and Ferazano for the orc marathon, apologies if I spelled those names wrong.

Stuff that was AWESOME:

- NEWBIE PC GROUPS! I was so excited to see under-level-10s go out and adventure their asses off! Saturday morning before a lot of other PC groups were out, these low level daredevils went out and hit every encounter they could get their hands on, regardless of whether or not they could handle it. And had a blast doing it. And survived! You guys made me so happy, and reminded me what LARP is all about.

The good PC stuff:

- The werewolf family drama. Boy doesn't believe his werewolf parents are dangerous, and will become a werewolf himself soon. How does Teridan solve this? Buy stunning some werewolf parents and killing them with GoST and newbies, and then memory losssing the stunned boy while knocked out. Octavious to the sister hook "Ok, so the story is that his parents attacked him and we had to kill them, you okay with that?" She was, and when he woke up he was like "Oh, i guess werewolves really ARE savages huh?"

- Taking Kato and Twigg into the woods to hunt some trollls (with the help of some generous Elemental Weapon spellls cast on us by Playboys). Dominate the toll to attack the other one so we had less to deal with, then killing the dominated troll afterwords. The trolls had eaten a buzzer. Not remembering how to perma-kill a troll and running for our lives with the buzzer's wings in our hands. Stopping during the run away to take out the chasing troll by myself and then booking it back to town.

- Campfire stories on around GoST's fire while waiting for my personal plot to happen. Teridan listening to stories from days gone by from McFathom and Nerine. Even though Brian remembers all of this, it was great fun to listen to it from a new character's perspective and listen to the retellings.

- Newbies winning magic items at Teridan''s Gaming Table, and the amount of people who stopped to play something. There were a lot of different names in that draw bag. I a glad a newbie won, thats part of why i made the table the way it is, so that poorer players can win items.

- Ghosts coming to play games is always interesting. Well played Gabe.

- Drunk PCs punk'd the inn! Scared the shit out of everyone. Most people "thats not funny!" Teridan: "That was hysterical!"

- Dark Stone Thieves. My danger bells started going off once i started getting crowded and then was proved right. Thank the gods for the giant blue bag of awesome. Loved it even though it was bad for me. 4 of 5 of them captured, and the one that escaped had certain items important to me. Realizing that Teridan could totally post a bounty for him! Slitting the throats of the other 4.

- Stunning a boggart to shut her up. Sorry Amanda!

NPC excellence:

- Being a begger and encountering a bagman while having a broken leg. Generous PCs are generous but wary.

- Elfing it up to go get my daughter back, only to have the town say you're not taking her if she doesn't want to go. Discussing Evenendran Law. "this is not over"

- Boggert mob around the great builder. Just whistle while you work

- "Grak! Grak! For battle and blood!" Newbie Dave doing it hilariouslly

- All-around newbie effort. You guys rock

I had a great second event, definitely too long since June, and too long until October.

~Sell all the things!! Big thanks to Blagar to letting me merchant my butt off

~Meeting all the people, whether they were noobs or people who weren't in Pinedale in June

~Fighting the Orcs!

~Making the monies!!

~Adventuring with Vaughn, Blagar, and Lorli (sp)

~The all around energy that everyone had... I loved it

~Getting hit on by Narene (thanks Arbor for bailing on me)

~Spaghetti Sandwiches?? Uhhhh yes please

~And the best thing of all, I got to pet Abel's hat... even if he did draw a sword on me at first

~The rain sucked... suckidy suck suck sucked

I had an absolutely AMAZING weekend.

The Awesomez:

+First and foremost, being back. You were missed, I love you all. (nohomo) (wellmaybesomehomobutnottoomuch)

+Shang Liao's first 24 hours back in Pinedale, getting most of the townspeople drunk. The Beerman returneth.

+Meeting some pretty awesome new characters. Richard the Bard, Daitoro, Krod -- kudos

+DRUNKEN SHENANIGANS! SHIV 'EM! SHIV 'EM!

+FOODZ! Steak on a stake (aka the Atticus), homemade horseradish, Jamaican Ginger Beer. And I had forgotten how scrumptious Peanut Butter Pork is.

+Eliana informing me that she is now legally allowed to drink. This will make it much easier to repay her for all the times she saves my life.

+Not dying this month, and almost making it through game without falling down. Wraiths, we hates them.

+RP time with The Playboys. Always a good time. Losing tons of coin gambling, then winning most of it back.

+Playing the crazy orc that nobody could figure out on Saturday morning.

+During the "They kidnapped my wife" plot, watching the resolution as Tony scooped up his terrified Joanna and carried her off.

+Freaking out at one of the new PCs for reviving the Necromancer during the final plot. "He summoned undead and worships darkness, but he hasn't attacked US!"

+Shoutout to the new guys who happily volunteered to be my squires, getting me in and out of my armor.

More things that I can't think of right now.

The Crapz:

-The rain. Normally not an issue with me, but I was wearing full face make-up during the worst of it. That sucked.

-Like Lauren said above. I also came back to my cabin after helping in logistics to find it a wreck. Grungy socks were left on the floor. UNDERWEAR ON THE TABLE. And a wet towel shoved behind a bunk. I am no one's mother, or maid, and neither are the VanderKamp staff. I was, however, your garbage man. But I did leave the cabin as I found it.

-Having all of my in-game stuff stolen from the table of my cabin while I was NPCing. Completely raging out, getting Tony to rage out because his stuff was missing too, only to find out that Dan had moved our stuff so it wouldn't get stolen. Lesson learned

-Not being able to find my good boots before game, having to wear my "dressy" boots all weekend. My feets. They hurts me.

I loved this event =] So much happened it was crazy.

I am only going to do a small list, in between classes atm.

*The Werewolf plot with GoST "Oh I guess you were right sister, they are saveages."

*Watching our Bag of Trick trolls chase after some new players.

*Some real good RP between characters and NPC.

*The wall fight, That was a badass encounter. There was a lot of great fighting on both sides.

*Blagar's "Talk" with Jaroth. "You walk out into the woods by yourself with a group of people you don't know and a Dark Fae Faekin Ex-Gershian Assassin. Now tell me again that you learned your lesson."

*Serafina, Dren, and finding more and more about how to unlock my inner Fae powers. Maybe someday.

*Surviving Saturday Night.

*Starting up my merchanting group, giving them all of my goods to sell and coming home with a ton, A TON of coin. A special thanks here to Karly and Caesey. I would not be anywhere near as sucsessfull without you ladies.

*Blagar now has an elven steel sword.

*Selling Primal Form to players for even more coin.

*My biggest worry at this point being how to replenish my wears. My inventory is almost dried up. =]

Ah, where to begin.....this was an amazing event and I look forward to becomming a regular face around Novitas. I read a lot of the other replies and I've gotta say, it makes me feel particularly awesome that several people have put me down as one of the good things from the event. Hopefully I can continue to entertain. Now lets see...things I liked.....

-The Trollpocalypse. I am a level one noob with one HP and I not only survived a fight with fifteen trolls, but I killed a good number of them personally.

-The Necromancer Fight at the graveyard. Getting my spark reaped sucked, but I loved the hell out of the battle itself. It was so chaotic and epic.

-The ungodly amount of coin I made just sitting around and playing the guitar. Thanks to all who donated to the keep your bard fed fund.

-I am never helping anyone who asks me to pick flowers again

-The great reaction when in the midst of one battle I heard someone incredulously yell "Wait a second! The bard swings for three's?" Yes....yes he does.

-Taking small things I did in character without thinking about them and using them to help me write an actual back story for Richard that I hope will be far from what anyone expects.

-Cool IC Character developement conversation with Arbor. It helped me flesh out a bit more about who I am and my motivations.

Random fun NPC stuff

-Roving bagman of doom! Brian and his NPC party didn't stand a chance! We ambushed them twice by accident.

-The battle at the wall. I was part of the shield wall that held the gap and it was just such an intense fight.

-The lonely piscean....why no one want to come play with piscean hostage taker?

-Angry water elementals who just weren't all that terribly angry

-Being a fiend and routing a group who I think was the Pinedale Playboys. They came back with a vengance though.

-I am never helping anyone who asks me to pick flowers again

This. A thousand times this.

This. A thousand times this.

What about Buzzers?

What about Buzzers?

Vany'a got stung in the gut for 4 pierce by a buzzer once. She's not so fond of them anymore.

What about Buzzers?

They are the reason I always have a bug repellent. Which is even worse because I REALLY need flowers for my Savant Lab soon. Its ok though, Baevyen was a buzzer farmer and has a much higher tolerance. I deal with fire elemental and people with primal form for her, She deals with buzzers, dead things and baby plots. Teamwork <3.

"The sketchier characters in town more or less entertaining an Avatar of Grak, because now Eliana can't be naive about it."

Pinedale: where talking to people you disagree with instead of killing them on sight makes you "sketchier" than the kill first and not bother to ask questions later crowd!

It was not confirmed that it was anything other than a person making a bold claim. I suspect many Dellins have said things like, "Fear me, for I an am Avatar of Grak himself!"

And also, when you don't have holy fire, it is best to at least try talking :)

Grak ain't people. tongue.gif Kill him with holy fire.

We'll call him back to town. You can fight him. :D We'll all watch!