Sign in to follow this  
Wargrasa

Damage requirment rule

23. Players remove defenses in the following order: magical defenses, magical armor, physical armor, damage requirement, Body points, Wounds.

This is in the rulebook this is awesome, why arent we playing it this way.

1. Means that players can still assist when fighting monsters that they cant hurt, even if in a limited capacity (removing armor and buffs)

2. NPCs still can effect PCs that are using the shadow skin buff

3. This thematically makes sense. Why should the steel armor a troll is wearing only be hurt by nature?

I just think this is a good idea.

It's too hard to keep track of in practice, so it doesn't get done that way, would be my guess.

It's too hard to keep track of in practice, so it doesn't get done that way, would be my guess.

People should keep track of it. "I have 9 points, four from body, I take five points I start calling no effect" Seems really easy to keep track of and remember.

Seems a little touchy on some attacks, example a Troll wearing a Chain shirt and someone swings for 4 nature and hits the chain, does the troll say no effect since the damage will go to his body. Does he take the damage and not say no effect?

Aside from that it seems like a cool idea.

Theway i see it, said troll would start calling no effect once players start hitting the body. Generally this happens so quickly that by the time the troll realizes he's at body and starts calling no effect, he's been hit 3 times.

1) monsters should keep track and

2) players should be aware that DR does only effect body. So next time i see a troll wearing armor, i will get in there and try and break that armor.

This is very cool if it is how we should play. I, for one, have never seen it played this way, and have not done so myself.

I love this idea, but im going to play darkness's advocate for a second and see peoples opinions to it.

My only problem with this is... Say I don't have a damage call and I fight a monster. Its been taking my hits and all of a sudden, its like "Wow, I was having such a nice/fun/chalanging/(Insert adjective here) fight and then all of a sudden it calls no effect and now I cant kill it." I wouldn't think that that is a good feeling to have as a player. At the same time though " Wow, I couldnt kill him myself but I helped weaken and distract him for my friends to finish off." Could also apply. It depends on the person.

I much prefer K.I.S.S.

I like monstrous to mean monstrous everything, and DR. to come just below immunities on the order of operations.

since it's how we play, i should just fix the rule.