Baazorg

Great Weapon Question

The rules say that great weapons may be used defensively in one hand. This got me thinking.

Would it be permissible to use my greatsword strictly as a parry blade, wielding a 1-hander in the other hand offensively? And if so, would it require the dual-wielding skill?

Or is this rule in place simply so that if I lose an arm, I am not completely defenseless and can still block?

I am not looking to skirt rules or loophole, just looking to try a different fighting technique utilizing the weapon I already have.

I heard that Corbin duel wielded great weapons when he went to the Well to retrieve Atticus' spark.

>__>

<__<

It's my understanding that, in order to use your off hand effectively while blocking with a great weapon, you have to be a weapon master (or max out dual wielding?).

I heard that Corbin duel wielded great weapons when he went to the Well to retrieve Atticus' spark.

>__>

<__<

TROOF.

It's my understanding that, in order to use your off hand effectively while blocking with a great weapon, you have to be a weapon master (or max out dual wielding?).

I actually do not think a rule exists governing this currently. I know that this was being play-tested but I don't think an official change was made. I don't think anyone should be using great weapons/dual wield this way until Rules weighs in. (Dan? Anyone? Was this moved to the active Rules set?)

We're currently playtesting how safe/broken fighting with a greatweapon in one hand as a block stick while still attacking with the other hand is. We're using weapon masters to limit the playtest pool.

Now that it is brought up, I am also curious of the answer. . .

Still weapon master only, and can't hold two weapons in one hand (think of two hand poking with spear while also holding sword with one of your hands, that's not allowed