Sign in to follow this  
kyle egert

The professional thief, and YOU.

While I would like this long and elaborate, im on my phone so this will be short.

although most people are very good on this topic, last game in particular I personally found some things that really made things very complicated.

Im talking about robbing you.

A simple reminder for October.

+ When not on shift, please hide or Pack any items away that could be taken away.

+ When using locks, please use in game numbered locks

+ Please mark out of game cabins with orange.

+ Finally , please ,oh please , do not pack in game chests with out of game items. More than a few times I've wasted time picking locks or even dispelling locks to only find peoples wallets and keys..

Thank you!

yours truly , im not a thief I swear,

A simple reminder for October.

+ When not on shift, please hide or Pack any items away that could be taken away.

YES. When you are not in game (NPC'ing) All your possessions should be UNDER your bunk. Everything under bunks is ALWAYS out-of-game. If your stuff doesn't fit under your bunk, put it on top of your bunk, cover it with a blanket, and mark it with something orange.

+ When using locks, please use in game numbered locks

I'm pretty sure that by not doing so breaks the rules. Also, it is not acceptable to damage another player's lock (bashing it) or any other part of a locked box. Chests and lock boxes are another player's personal property. I'm not finger pointing, just reiterating a rule.

+ Please mark out of game cabins with orange.

This is becoming harder to do, since cabins are filled with people from different shifts now, so a cabin could in essence be in game every shift of game. Even more reason to take care of your stuff.

+ Finally , please ,oh please , do not pack in game chests with out of game items. More than a few times I've wasted time picking locks or even dispelling locks to only find peoples wallets and keys..

This is one of the downsides to being a professional thief. Sometimes you break into the fortified mansion, crack open the high-security vault, only to find a coveted portrait of the owner's family dog, Fluffy. People put what they want, where they want.

This is one of the downsides to being a professional thief. Sometimes you break into the fortified mansion, crack open the high-security vault, only to find a coveted portrait of the owner's family dog, Fluffy. People put what they want, where they want.

Oh I love finding mundane items, they make me giggle. I only ask people start to remove ooc items from in game boxes.

Cabins cannot be marked out of game, only individual bunks and personal items. All buildings are 100% in-game at all times.

If you want to lock your wallet and keys in a box,take out all IG items, put an OOG lock on it, and flag the thing orange. Keeping OOG and IG items separate is appropriate.

We also have these lovely metal cabinets in every cabin that should be completely out of game all the time, too.

A few things: 1) some of the locks in game pre-date the leather tags and have the number etched on the lock itself so it may not be easy for you to tell in the dimly lit cabin if the lock is marked. 2) It is perfectly legal to put a physical lock on a magical item, such as a magic lock box or to cast magic lock on a physically locked box. If a box is designated with blue and If you want to pick the lock, that's fine, but the box itself is still magically locked unless you're casting dispel or using magic lock picks (also a magic item) or if convergence has just hit. 3) If people are entering a magically locked cabin for any reason OOC, can they please be careful not to disturb the magic lock flag/ light and conversely, if you are breaking a magic lock and not re-casting it, can we please signify that some how? Removing the flag, turning off the glowing light, etc.

Any physical lock used on in-game items, must have an Orange key close by, in case they use an explosive charge or something of the sort to break the lock...

He makes good points. I know we have gotten extremely lazy in The Terrace cabin. We'll make sure all of our stuff is in order.

Tape the "explosive charge" key to the bottom of the chest or box.