Sign in to follow this  
Elisar

Looking for a Group

Hey everyone, I'm looking to start a new character, and I thought it would be fun to enter game with a few other new characters, perhaps we could tie backgrounds together. I know there are lots of new players, and old players starting new characters so please let me know if you are interested in forming a PC group. I intend to have my character be a priest/paladin, open to using different schools of magic to meet needs of the group. I enjoy going out on quests and random patrols, so I want to PC with people who are willing to do some hiking and fighting. Obviously if I play a priest I would do a lot of RP as well. I am willing to join an existing or form a new group and I have no problems PCing with some newbies, I have been out of town for the last year, but I should be a regular attender again now that I'm living in Utica.

The best way to find a group is to talk to other players in game, find out what characters you click with, etc.

What he said. I find arbitrarily making PC groups OOC rarely works out.

Really, If anything I find that the opposite is the truth. Most of the groups in Pinedale is made or at least started OOC. You have to enjoy who you are playing with to have fun and mesh with them OOG to form a effective group. That being said if you cant find anyone OOG before you come, just come in solo and find your nitch.

Thanks for the input, my first 2 PCs came into game knowing nobody so I wanted to give this other option a try if possible.

Dano might turn into a Dragon-priest :D.

I was thinking I would go with the sept since I'm playing a human but....a dragon priest would be fun, are there many humans who worship Draconis? I would have to come up with an different idea for a back story than I was intending but this could be interesting.

I've always been partial to forming groups OOG, where you can more easily hash out all the details of party mission, goals, ethos, etc.

That's how we formed both the Tuq vo' Ying Hwa and the Brave Companions. The NSGG formed more organically, in-game, and we know how that one turned out...

The Nightmare Legion was formed based on OOG discussion and planning. Didn't they plan the Slatestones out of game as well?

One of my biggest pet peeves that I'm going to nip right now. Draconus is spelled with a u, not an i ;)/>

Current dragon worshippers in game are mostly human right now, with an elf and possibly a earthkin.

GoST was formed OOG. We were a group of noobs with 1 vet player when we started. It's been a blast ever since. I highly recommend forming up a group OOG.

Druids were originally OOG, then evolved as PCs came and went IC. Only a handful of the first members still roll with them. Others are spread around or the players have retired.

It has always felt good on both fronts.

This is my new account since I am going to retire Elisar. I will not really be using the Elisar account so please send pms to this one.