Sign in to follow this  
Octavius

MP&O Banner

We need a banner for MP&O for our convention kit and what I need from you guys is a design to send off to the printers.

It will be a 5'x2' or 6'x2' vinyl banner and have our name (Kingdoms of Novitas) and our website (www.kingdomsofnovitas.net). Other than that it needs to have some decent graphics. So post up some here and I'll choose the one we all like the best.

I'll give out XP for attempts and bonus XP for the winner.

Side from what I posted above, I'm not sure what you mean. What do you need to know?

We have a con is like to use this for in the 3rd weekend of November. But that's close. I'm not sure how long it takes to get banners printed either yet. It may be unrealistic to get this done before then. Let start with two weeks.

From my experience if we jump on it and use a large vendor like Vistaprint and pay for good shipping we should be able to get it in time. I know that with some other vendors it make take a month to produce and ship.

What format does the printer accept? Do they have a size requirement (probably in pixels) for a banner that size? Do they have a color format requirement (like RGB. CMYK)? Is there a certain max numbers of colors that should be used in the design? Is there anything besides our name and the website you'd like to see included in the design?

I mean I've dealt with places before that charged by the color so designs had to be very basic. One or two colors max. Other places I've seen online have new special printers that could print out any sort of image/photo one could create.

Does the company you're going to use have a website? They might have some of the specifications of what they require listed for designer reference.

General rule of thumb: do not print at less than 200dpi. Anything less than that gets pixelated. For something of size like this, I'd expect them to be looking for a vector file as opposed to raster.

What format does the printer accept? Do they have a size requirement (probably in pixels) for a banner that size? Do they have a color format requirement (like RGB. CMYK)? Is there a certain max numbers of colors that should be used in the design? Is there anything besides our name and the website you'd like to see included in the design?

I mean I've dealt with places before that charged by the color so designs had to be very basic. One or two colors max. Other places I've seen online have new special printers that could print out any sort of image/photo one could create.

Does the company you're going to use have a website? They might have some of the specifications of what they require listed for designer reference.

You're overthinking this. There are no other specifications. Produce a high-resolution graphic in a size that can scale out to 5'x2', with the requested content. That's the request. The last time I did this, I sent them a JPEG that was 571x345@72PPI and it came out fine.

oooh - I like the first one. The blue one is kind of plain, and the one with the mountains looks like it should be matched with some Christian inspirational message.

I like the 3rd one. I think it would look better if the upper right text was bigger.

There are also hundreds stock banner images. If you don't want to try your hand at creating an image, surf through the stock images and pick some.