Danerec

Idea for overly large NPC masks

November was my first event, and NPCing the first two shifts I discovered I hate the over large masks. I can barely see out of them, they slide around like crazy...

I was wondering if it'd be possibly to attach some velcro inside them, and have the player wear some sort of skullcap underneath, to at least minimize some of the sliding around?

Wearing something on your head to prevent it from moving as much is the best answer we've come up with so far.

I was suggesting the velcro to hold it in place to the skull cap too, not just fill the empty space with what's on the player's head...Maybe one piece on top and one in the front at least to keep the face of the mask from shifting too much

I think Kyle is making a harness for the one minotaur mask.

Getting a bulky beanie may help you with this in the normal but large masks.

I dislike the velcro idea because if a player isn't wearing anything under the mask it could scratch them if the got whomped onthe head.

Good point. I have a winter cap I can wear that'd fill the space pretty well, I'll bring it in December. Two birds one stone considering the time of year :)/>

I dislike the velcro idea because if a player isn't wearing anything under the mask it could scratch them if the got whomped onthe head.

Not to mention get caught in my hair. I mean his/her hair.

we could leave the loops of the velcro on the mask side and the hooks on the hat side. thus if you're not wearing a mask cap, the soft loops would be the only thing whomping your head.

I think the idea was that the sticky side of the velcro would stick to a hat. Really, the best solution is to just wear something on your head under a mask.

That was the original idea, yeah. If we reversed it it might be a bit hard to line up the velcro for different people's hats, and I agree about velcro catching hair and scratching faces.