Sign in to follow this  
NoMereButterfly

Best of December 2013

Well, Feb Feast certainly can't come soon enough, but for now we reflect!

+ The enthusiasm of NPCs Friday night. I came in exhausted but got caught up in the energy of everyone around me. I understand we might have overtaxed our poor PC population a bit. Whoops.

+ Maedraeil, the Grilled Cheese Fairy, light fae warden. Born of a GM's hankering for melty, cheesey goodness, made legitimate by PC's interactions. Wanted to boop Arbor right on the nose Alanis-Morissette-as-God-in-Dogma-style during our conversation.

+ Having Rachel around to man the oversight of the makeup kit!

+ Loved my bag of tricks group and the opportunity to make up random plots! From eggs-laying waspoids, Saurial bullies, shady hunting tasks, all to culminate into a final Grak ritual monster, it was all fun to put together, even in the cold.

+Daphne! And Cinder! Best friends! For-ev-er! Now I have to come up with a legitimate theme song. Prancing around and being child-like is exhausting, but apparently entertaining. Snow harpies!

+ Buzzer plot. Heather Marsh should win an award for most adorable buzzer ever. From the way she talks to the bee-line walking, she's got the role down. The plot was pretty upsetting IC, since I didn't know if the waspoids were wearing buzzer skins or what...

+ Remembering to go crazy mode a few times this event by virtue of not going out on a lot of plots by virtue of my bodice needing repairs. Sorry for those who were around for the screaming. I promise I only needed to do it once.

+ A heartfelt discussion with Ith that gave Eliana new hope for her future.

+ Truth or truth with McFathom and Ith. I knew it was coming. I knew it would be great. Vincent: "Do you find me attractive?" Eliana: "Yes-- I mean...!" Ith trying to memory loss him, realizing that doesn't work because of the ring I let him borrow. FFFFAAAAACCCCKKKKK!

+ Eliana and Baldisere's relationship building, starting to make character choices based off of one another's strongly held beliefs and convictions.

+ Creepy Nox cultists trying to recruit Eliana by dangling a carrot in front of her.

+ Eliana's early interactions with Jason, however ill-advised. Also, lol, he went with the character name "Jason" after the observation I made to him. >.>

+ Eye-balling Sylas all night after Jason's random observation of his behavior.

+ Titus also hopping on the bandwagon to figure out if there are deeply-held secrets to curing madness within Civen, and giving her some food for thought.

+ Vampire undead o'clock hugely successful thanks to Resilience! 5 spells for 10 power with master staff and no healing after? Heeelll yeeeeaaah!

THE GOOD:

+ Having Rachel around to man the oversight of the makeup kit!

- I can't agree with this above point enough... I think we sometimes forget how important and helpful it is to have an individual around to maintain the make-up area and get people going and out the door. Rachel did a fantastic job, and she also did her best to keep people smiling and motivated during the colder hours of the night. Great work, Rachel. Hopefully we didn't wear her down and get to have her back again sometime!

- Everyone did a fantastic job bearing the cold weather. December event is always a bit tough, especially for those who haven't done one before and weren't sure on what to expect. We all did a decent job at giving it our all each shift. Kudos to everyone this event.

- A lot less hostility this event. I spent the entire 2nd shift Combat Reffing and had ZERO resistance from anyone. Everyone seemed to work together and come to agreements, rather than arguing about points in game.

- Fire in front of the inn... So incredibly glad I was able to get one going with Zach saturday morning, and equally glad that people were responsible enough to maintain it through the night, when I couldn't be there to poke at it and add wood. Good work, Inn people and players.

- Orc Plot.... Singing "The Little Drummer Orc", was extremely fun. It definitely helped warm everyone up to be dancing and fooling around while we taunted the PCs.

- There's plenty of other good NPC plots I was involved with, but I;m too tired to mention them now.

THINGS TO WORK ON...

- I spent the 2nd event in a row NPCing the entire weekend and it gives me a lot of time to scope out things that we ALL need to work on. With that said, I would really like to see less Out of Game mechanics being used in game... We shouldn't be saying things like "Blunt him down" or "He's no-effecting my shots". We all need to try and get away from that kind of stuff. Let's try to immerse ourselves more and use In-game things such as "Beat him senseless" or "My blows don't seem to have any effect on him!"... Little stuff like that, helps make us veterans not cringe as much...

- Too many NPCs are talking to PCs when they are dead... As a reminder, please remember that when you're dead, you CANNOT speak. It's one thing if people are speaking amongst themselves for a few seconds, but I dislike when I have a dead NPC assisting a PC during a plot or exposing the details of the plot when they're supposed to be dead.. PCs shouldn't be asking you what kind of monster you are. You shouldn't be answering questions about the plot that they are asking, or clarifying details for them as they discuss WTF just happened. You should be dead, allow the lead NPC to relay what information they need to or a GM to deal with those questions.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST

- Scotty Travis wont be with us anymore... As everyone knows, he'll be taking a job in Texas and won't be LARPing with us anymore. It didn't hit me until we left, but I got a little choked up thinking about it on the way home. Tease me if you want, but I spent a good almost 6 years with him in the game and I'll cherish every memory. Falco and Telmar had some fantastic events and an amazing RP ending. It will be very different without him at game... Best of luck, Scotty!!!

Thanks to excessive layering of long johns I had a great and warm December event, and I shall remember this tactic for future winter events. I had a load of fun, both as a PC and an NPC.

GOOD PC:

-The weak tree man plot with Arbor and Atticus. Richard got to convince a Dryad to fall in love with the tree man by fighting the tree man and letting it kill him. Lying in the snow was cold and such, but it was worth it. In Richards mind, dying for love is one of the most noble things a man can do, and bursting into the inn shouting "I DIED FOR LOVE TONIGHT!" was pretty funny. It also led to a rousing chorus of "I would do Anything for Love" with AJ during my next NPC shift.

-Egg laying waspoid plot. I got to put my new buckler to good use and made it the entire encounter without falling. I even got to put down a relatively large number of waspoids.

-Bandit plot with Grogs group. The fight with the bandits was pretty awesome even though I went down to a well placed magic swarm, but we did find the crimson carriers chest....being digested by an ooze. The way back got intense since Grog went down to ooze acid that ate through his armor right before we were ambushed by gravespawn. I got into a pretty epic duel with one of them and won, so that was pretty awesome, but the party was almost completely wiped out. Krod managed to heal Grog and then run for a healer at the Inn so between me and Grog we managed to bring down the remaining undead. I loved this plot because Richard got to show off that he's a very capable warrior despite his chosen profession.

-Wraith death! The party from the bandit plot was ambushed again by a wraith, two bodacks and a necromancer in the field outside town. We had run out of resources so we booked it to the inn. I got pinned by the necromancer and swarmed while the rest of the party dashed for the inn to get help. I ended up getting reaped, which sucked but some really awesome RP ensued because of it. Apparently Ivan was unwilling to head out to help me and I could hear Akane screaming at him from the far end of the field. A party showed up, and while one guy dragged my corpse to the inn, the rest of the party battled the undead horde. I was lying around dead on a bench, and hearing what people had to say about me was awesome. It was pretty touching too. Daitoro stood guard over my body and was reluctant to let anyone near it. Baevynn sounded like she was almost in tears and told someone she would do everything she could to get me back. It was amazing. I felt really happy finding out that Richard was so well loved.

-The final plot I went on for my first shift was a fight against a wizard who was controlling three scarecrows. It was an intense fight since it took us forever to figure out how to kill them, and even then we could only do it while they were moving. I lasted a pretty long time considering I couldn't actually damage them, and I certainly didn't avoid fighting, but in the end I died again. My party raised me right at the end of the shift.

-Akane's personal plot was freaking awesome. I was in the inn for most of it, but I was there when the necromancer who took her spark was executed. I was one of the first people to see the order for assassination and that was really cool.

-Singing with Deliah again was awesome, and the three drunkards who just started everyone dancing around the inn while we were performing was fantastic.

-I've come to an interesting realization about how into my character I get. I, Tom, like Dave. I have nothing bad to say about the man and every interaction I have ever had with him has been good. Richard on the other hand has very little tolerance for Ivan which borders on absolute hatred, especially after hearing that he hurled a javelin through a little girls chest.

BAD PC:

-I snapped another cloak pin. I need to get my hands on a really heavy duty one at some point.

-I forgot to bring gloves, so I couldn't feel my hands.

-Shift three was relatively boring with the exception of the awesome Akane plot. I got to perform a lot though, so I guess it was a bright side. Turns out the lack of plot was due to the fact that there was a plot planned for the Sheperds, and a personal plot planned for me, but it was all planned for shift 4, which is when we NPC.

GOOD NPC:

-Being a Alchemical merchant was pretty awesome, though I for some reason had 14 magic locks. I managed to sell them to the new snow goblins though, in bulk, by selling them for 1 coin each instead of 3. I liked RPing a bit where normally I go out on plots where I get to smash stuff.

-I got to be a Death Knight in service to the high inquisitor for the conclusion to that plot, and it was cool. I didin't last long but the duel between Ferrazano (Sorry if it's misspelled) and the inquisitor was one of the coolest fights I've seen.

-Wrapping up in Orc fur underneath every NPC outfit was amazing. I was so warm.

-Zombie fey. I got to be a skeleton with big black butterfly wings and an obnoxiously pink wig. After Octavius dropped me and he was searching me, I couldn't resist whispering to him "Im a pretty pretty lady!" Watching him try and keep a straight face was beautiful.

-I got to say "What!? OVER 9000!?" in context in the inn and it was beautiful.

BAD NPC:

-COLD! In most combat situations I fought sword and board so I could die on my shield and not lie in tons of snow. I feel I did a relatively good job of believably collapsing onto my shield but it was still cold.

-My hair got stuck in spirit gum from when I was wearing elf ears.

I had a load of fun and I got to do some interesting character developement this event and I definetly look forward to Feb Feast.

This game was really needed, seeing wonderful friends and freezing together was quite fun.

Good npc

+pat lanes wizard and being a scarecrow first shift. "With all the colors of the wind" is kinda the best incant ever made.

+Giving arbor that genetic kazvac wonder plot. Although the rest of the bcs made short work of us, arbor really had some growth with it and that is awesome.

+The shrine of grak fight and the summoning of the jabberwack. Grabbing random monster parts and strapping them to aj would be terrifying if it was anyone else other than got and the undead hunters. They truly ran that smart and rolled us in seconds.

+ Janos summoning some everyday working piceans, gil, fin, and Doug.

+All the bodaks all the time.

+Nick and lauren on their gm shifts, u guys rocked.

+orcs! Poor ferris had to deal with some beefy orcs all alone.

Pc shifts

+New garb! Lauren you are a true master of your craft. The new look is frightening and all the complements were great!thank you everyone

+my talk with ith and the bond that was made.

+Eliana and I and the venison made from the sun. I have never had something so hot but so good.

+Mcfathom and the love of meat buns.

+Jason , the new hood in town and our talks. Having sylas conflicted about this being the man he once met was amazing and had my pc on his toes and rattling his brain all game.I was literally terrified all game that this was infact the smuggler he once heard of years ago.

+the road back from gersh and bringing back gifts.

+Rp with the emerald bard of vlean. Hearing of his upbringing and sharing my own really brought connection between characters. Whether that was fggood of him to disclose or not is upto the future.

+Literally murdering all of inquisition that seemed to come to town this game. After ripping the throats from two high inquisitors sylas was literally shaking and foaming from the Mouth. The rp that followed was powerful

+Jimmy the treasure spawn and the run of my life.

+The succubus that came for able but settled for me and vanya saving my spark. "I want to plow u"

+The dog who loves the snow

+the attempt to have me steal things although I can't speak thieves cant and am not in the guild lol.

+

I was a cold, cold soul, but I still had fun.

NPC fun:

-Being moderately successful Orcs was kind of shocking, but still fun. Kyle: "By the power of your tasty thighs" Me: Must. Not. Laugh.

-Being a super bitchy Dryad. These treemen our mine. Also, telling the treemen to not let Twig hug me which resulted in the best Treeman/Octavius hug ever.

-Playing a vampire bite victim and trying my damndest not to laugh hysterically while Jimmy and Dave were PSA rapping. "She's a vampire." Also, being treated so nicely by Ith. Hopefully that NPC doesn't die!

-Getting brutally murdered multiple times while playing a child.

--Lulu the poor seven-year-old girl who just wanted to get tea to help her mother get well again, but was hungry so took some grapes. Then got cursed with an undead jaw and a rat face. (Aka, JC: "Maggie, glue this to your face" the plot.") Came into the inn to ask for help and getting immediately javelined in the back. Having GOST and some more people help. Lulu is perpetually afraid of Ivan. Talking to Ferrous, "Is snow like rain?" "Uh, yeah, it's cold rain." "Because I've never met my daddy, but my mommy says the RAINES remind her of him." I really hope people got that joke XD.

--The last stand of Belle and Ariel. Spent some time curled up in a ball in the snow just to stir up some trouble. All I did was prove that Ith has no qualms killing and reaping a twelve year old XD.

-I love playing a Crimson Courier. It's a fun in and out RP role.

-Cheering Octavius, then becoming disciples of Corbin. Being offered to Octavius as thanks for killing the Wight King. "It would be an honor. Something to tell the grandkids. Maybe your grandkids."

-Also, the grey and orange dress. That fit me like a glove and I have no idea where it came from, but I want it.

PC fun:

-Bringing "jelly incased in a thin layer of bee's wax" to celebrate one year in town.

-Tackle-hugging Ferrous and having him so confused. Baevynn is just so happy that he's alive and lycanthropy free.

-Doing the Baevynn thing of running off by herself to try to help her friends. Then getting a stern talking to by Ivan and later Lemons. She's flattered that people care.

-Baevynn is best dealer...for Titus.

-Trying to keep Errost alive. Shelling out a few coin to keep her stocked with dissipate potions and got some townsfolk to help her get a dissipate ring because the twins weren't there to watch out for her. Eternally grateful to Vany'a, Akken, and Titus for helping me there.

-Baevynn almost falling apart seeing Richard without a spark.

-The hunt for Akane's spark. Someone whispered, "You should check the woman in white for an extra spark." Sure enough, she had two. "Angus is a good man." Frantically trying to get smelling salts for Vany'a. Then hearing Akane's story and breaking down, but holding it together. Then OOC letting that out a bit when Titus said, "You should have killed yourself."

-OOC when JC pops up from hiding in a really strange place to give some rule calls and then hiding again. I had trouble not giggling hysterically at that. Also, being too weak to get out of the temple.

-Keeping an eye on Eliana and letting Baldiserrie know what happened while he was gone.

-Getting another random gift from Sylas. She is so confused.

-Having a corrupt elven steel bowl in the bag...cool.

-Trying my hardest to come up with a way to get Christina' ghost to the well. Then having a good talk with Narene about it. Baevynn looks forward to his guidance on her path to caring for lost spirits.

-Talking with Akken about Baevynn's past. She doesn't like to speak about it, but she knew Akken was safe to tell. "Shadaku was fond of you." Insert tears here. Baevynn silently promised to watch out of Shadaku's spark. She would recognize that dark, faded spark anywhere.

-Getting a letter from Raines made my day on Saturday. Baevynn will keep it close to her heart and write a response posthaste.

Not so fun:

Pretty much everything that could go wrong for me right before an event went wrong. I forgot my sleeping bag, my strawberry soda exploded all over my garb (not sure if my chemise will make it. The red stains aren't coming out). Luckily, I had a three quarter sleeved replacement chemise for the mean time, but not having the bath house to clean up wasn't so fun.

Apparently Ivan was unwilling to head out to help me and I could hear Akane screaming at him from the far end of the field.

Ivan believes very firmly that "adventurers" should be able to take care of themselves. You don't get to prance around in armor, waving your sword about, looking for trouble, then holler for help when shit goes south. Ivan will just let you die. Now, if you're a defenseless farmer whose family is being hurt or livestock being killed, Ivan's there to help in a cold second. That's just how it is.

I've come to an interesting realization about how into my character I get. I, Tom, like Dave. I have nothing bad to say about the man and every interaction I have ever had with him has been good. Richard on the other hand has very little tolerance for Ivan which borders on absolute hatred, especially after hearing that he hurled a javelin through a little girls chest.

There are people, and there are monsters. Everything is one or the other. Ivan doesn't do monsters in town. Every single time someone comes to town with a "tame" Kasvac or a "smart" Ogre or a "friendly" Wraith, shit goes south. And when shit goes south, it's not the town's adventuring population that pays the price, it's the smallfolk - the farmers and craftsmen and average people without powerful magic, sharp swords or plate armor.

So, yeah. Something looks like a monster, Ivan kills it. If it wasn't, it can be sorted out later. That girl walked into the inn looking 100% like a skeletal Skaven, and Ivan killed it.

The Good!

- I was in such an exhausted and bad state of mind on Friday that I almost decided not to come last minute. Ya'll cheered me up like crazy, big thanks to Sam for telling me to suck it up and go. I'm glad I did.

- GM'ing is fun but I can already see how it's frustrating. Still, hearing the original shift GMs say they can go off and do other things because we "got this" makes me feel good. I like the balance that Nick and I have with our plots.

- Grilled Cheese Fae just made my night. Amanda is awesome and so are food-deprived logistics folk.

- Cinder and Daphene, on a plot to reclaim the Elemental's favorite booze. 'Nuff said.

- Threatening Sylas in-character after finding him rooting about the temple.

- Having a charm reflected back on me while hunting down the girl that reaped Akane. Forgetting that I was mind blanked and had anti-magic shield. Derp derp derp.

- Being completely limbed! Laying there like a jacka**, unable to cast spells.

- Killing a bagman by means of control nature. "Say hello." Props to the NPC for knowing exactly where I was going with that.

- Saving Sylas' butt twice. Once from the succubus, and another time which will go unmentioned because he will figure it out on his own. ;)

- Role-playing Vany'a as a cold blooded lizard thing is fun. Slowing down a few times that night, finally ending with her trying to curl up in a ball in the field after extended exposure to the elements. Being carried into the Inn by Akken, who probably would have gotten smacked for calling her "darling" if my PC hadn't been so out of it.

- I don't like cold and snow, but I'm glad it wasn't five degrees warmer because then the snow would have been rain and the ground would have been soggy. I am thankful that it wasn't that miserable "just warm enough to not freeze" temperature that leaves us all feeling terrible.

The Bad -

- Running out of kerosene, waking up cold. Thanks Dave for letting me borrow your kerosene pump so I could actually refill it.

Now, if you're a defenseless farmer whose family is being hurt or livestock being killed, Ivan's there to help in a cold second.

Or kill you in cold blood if you come in to town with a skaven, despite just being a not-so-smart farmer. laugh.gif

Or kill you in cold blood if you come in to town with a skaven, despite just being a not-so-smart farmer. laugh.gif

People with monsters get no benefit of the doubt. There are only so many sudden but inevitable betrayals one man can absorb before he gets jaded.

The Good:

My first GM shift was a lot of fun...Didn't expect that Lauren and I would get to do it all. Very much looking forward to continuing next event.

Boggart with unexpected Slaying Swarm...I forgot those things could be anything but just annoying.

New Snow Goblins! Great costuming by everyone. They should prove to be an interesting addition to town.

Found some more people to gamble with. When will they learn? Titus suspects that Baevynn may have stacked the deck to teach Oz a lesson. Either that, or he really can't lose when sitting at the same table as Errost.

Saving Akane's spark and learning more about her backstory was fun, even if Titus regrets getting involved. He's not likely to come to her aid again.

RPing with a bunch of new (for Titus) PCs.

Truth or Truth with Ith, Elianna, McFathom and Narene. McFathom: "What's your middle name?" Titus: "Titus."

The bad:

No one wanted to play Skaven-ball...no Pierce arrow for the PC's.

Hitting my knee on a rock...fortunately little swelling and the pain's already easily ignored (and it was the last fight of the night).

Lol Lauren - Vany'a got a taste of the warm side of Akken. It's in there somewhere. Just wanted to say I had a ton of fun RPing with a bunch of pcs I hadn't before due to my group being MIA. Lots of fun, and highly recommended!

I was definitely less ready for the cold than I thought I was but I still had a great time!

NPC:

+Skavenball! Which no one showed up for. Way to go, guys

+Minding my own buiness in the Inn and having Chris's snowgoblin ask me if I'm the servant who opens the door. My answer: being terrified and shaking my head.

+Fred and I being runaway lovers. Leaving the Inn, 5 minutes later hearing "I'm looking for Victor and Lucia" ...and then he died. For such a simple plot, a lot happened and I was okay with it.

+Talking to Elianna being pretty sure she was going to skin me alive

PC:

+The absolute hands down best part of PCing was how everyone was so willing to help me out. A huge thank you to Akane, Akken, Titus, and Vanya. An especially huge thank you so much to Baevyn for watching out for me. It means a lot that people are willing to help me out when I need it most

Ivan believes very firmly that "adventurers" should be able to take care of themselves. You don't get to prance around in armor, waving your sword about, looking for trouble, then holler for help when shit goes south. Ivan will just let you die. Now, if you're a defenseless farmer whose family is being hurt or livestock being killed, Ivan's there to help in a cold second. That's just how it is.

There are people, and there are monsters. Everything is one or the other. Ivan doesn't do monsters in town. Every single time someone comes to town with a "tame" Kasvac or a "smart" Ogre or a "friendly" Wraith, shit goes south. And when shit goes south, it's not the town's adventuring population that pays the price, it's the smallfolk - the farmers and craftsmen and average people without powerful magic, sharp swords or plate armor.

So, yeah. Something looks like a monster, Ivan kills it. If it wasn't, it can be sorted out later. That girl walked into the inn looking 100% like a skeletal Skaven, and Ivan killed it.

Totally understandable from my point of view. lol. It's just that as Richard, my views are so radically different. Richard wants to help everyone reguardless of what they are and such, so it's kind of like him and Ivan are like water and oil. They just don't mix well, so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Ivan was once an optimistic, friendly guy. Then Pinedale slapped some sense into him.

Ha! There's a long story behind those cheezits :)

Awesome: - Getting a Terrean who came to town just to be sung about was fantastic. Scotty did a phenomenal job, right down to his stubborn Earthkin sparklessness.

- Getting to go out on so many fun plots during my NPC shift: buzzers, evil woman in league with the bagmen, singing in the inn

Bad:- Starting game off super exhausted with the headache nothing could fix before i had even done any LARP yet.

What I have learned: -When someone tells me to go be an entertainer "You know like Delia but with different songs." I will remember that everyone will assume I am Delia in spite of a complete costume change and an introduction and take the time to glue some gems to my face or ears to my ears. But yes it was awesome, next time however I will be a super bedazzled Terran.

-Singing with Deliah again was awesome, and the three drunkards who just started everyone dancing around the inn while we were performing was fantastic.

Also no, you are not the only one by far, this was just a really easy way to frame my revalation.

The Good

- Coming back! Seeing everyone, and meeting some great new people also.

- FINALLY bringing D back for the first time in over two years, and getting to play her properly before the cold set in.

- Finding out what "pale gold with blue features" meant with Rachel while getting ready for that Dryad plot I did with Maggie.

- My in and out of character reaction to seeing Vany'a's dragon eye being exactly the same, because it's just one of the things that Dionysia and I have in common.

- Being sent out as a buzzer as my very first encounter and having every excuse to act just as cold and half-braindead as I felt.

- Not being completely frozen the whole time thanks to the wonderful Lauren-made cloak that saved my butt from freezing clean off.

The Bad

- It was cold. Seriously, it was December; I don't know what I expected. XD

- Not being able to stay awake until the end of game. Though, that's why I decided to take fourth shift as a PC shift so it wouldn't matter.

I almost didn't go to this event, but I am HELLA glad I did! I had a total blast!

THE BEST:

+ Being assassinated! I am so happy and gratified that people went to the double of sending me personal plot, when I've been here less than a year. You guys are the best!

The whole thing was amazing, from the initial moment of "oh my gosh, this lady wants to talk to me about Red Snow?" to the terror of being stabbed and reaped in the darkness, to the way everyone rushed off to find my spark. I have never had more fun being dead than when I was lying in the Temple, wondering with baited breath what was going to happen next, and whether it was really the work of Ten Arrows. And then the role-play afterwards, watching peoples' faces as I told them my backstory and broke down into genuine tears of emotion… Everyone was AWESOME and it made me feel like a real part of the game and the world. Kudos to everyone, DM's, NPC's and PC's alike, and I hope everyone gets these kinds of moments in their LARP experience.

Related to that:

+ Titus's "You should have killed yourself." That culture clash and clash of ideals, both of which oppose modern sensibilities… it was amazing, and made Akane consider and reaffirm her choices. Kudos for not holding back.

+ Krod's barbarian viewpoint, AKA "kill the fuckers!". Akane and Krod are now partners in vengeance.

+ Commissioning Richard to write a song about how evil the people trying to kill Akane are. Because self-preservation is for other people.

The Good:

+ Seeing everyone, including some faces I'd not seen in a long time (hello, Christopher Robin!). You guys are the best!

+ Not dying so much! I still did die, but my friends and my new Aegis spells saved my butt plenty of times.

+ My fluffy hat! Everyone seemed to want to pet me.

+ Getting a bowl! Thanks, Daño!

+ Two buzzer plots! Akane loves them, they're the perfect innocents to protect, and giving one freezing buzzer my cloak while we cleared her hive of waspoids made me feel like a chivalrous & noble knight.

+ Being a nasty, sadistic hag who cursed a little girl for stealing her grapes, and was then completely unrepentant. Too bad Chris Robin dodged my Dominate… but he got an awesome necklace so happies all around. Although, apparently, my face is so smooth and wrinkle-less that age makeup is a major struggle.

+ Being a happy NPC merchant who bred Scroll Paper Waspoids… and getting completely conned by the PC's. I need to read the Iron Golem Manual…

+ Inn fooooooooood! Warmed me up from the belly out.

+ NECKLACE. OF. RESILIENCE.

+ That undead fight in the field. We'd just been through two brutal encounters, one of which left Akane bleeding out, the next one left me dead. Got revived by friends, heading back to Pinedale with resources almost spent and WHAM, bodaks! Only Reginald casting Abomination on Akane let her survive that fight… and now she owes her life to a frickin' VAMPIRE! So confused…

+ Shouting match with Ivan about rescuing Richard. Akane is still so naive and innocent… she has things to learn.

+ Scotty Travis's incredible dedication as he went out to lie shirtless in the snow.

The Bad:

+ My feet. My toes froze and my orthopedic inserts got soaked through, so changing socks didn't help.

+ Knitting a giant bag of stuff to sell, arriving early… and discovering I'd left it at home.

The Funny:

+ Getting drunk off my pointy ears with Van'ya's wine. Akane is a silly, giggly lightweight and poor Daño got the brunt of it. "Your beard is fluffy. Are you made of rabbits?"

+ Watching JC's new PC, accidentally Magic Locked in the temple with a dead girl while others ran around looking for her spark. He mooched the Enchant Weapon from my sword and hid next to the door, waiting for a wraith to walk through. Then the time on the enchantment ran out and he hid behind Jaroth's bed.

+ The undead fey. Yes, Tom. You are the prettiest skeleton princess.

+ The special, special puppet weed. An archer, a swordsman, a werewolf, an alchemist, and a gorilla in a hat.

"It's wearing a hat… that means it's people, right? Should we bring it back to town?"

+JC's plans to fix Akane's problems: "Find a piece of the Darkness's shadow at EvilMart. Motorboat it until it turns you into a snow goblin, then get laid."

+ Being assassinated! I am so happy and gratified that people went to the double of sending me personal plot, when I've been here less than a year. You guys are the best!

Glad you enjoyed it. People who write good, plausible, detailed background stories make it easy.

+ The special, special puppet weed. An archer, a swordsman, a werewolf, an alchemist, and a gorilla in a hat.

"It's wearing a hat… that means it's people, right? Should we bring it back to town?"

+JC's plans to fix Akane's problems: "Find a piece of the Darkness's shadow at EvilMart. Motorboat it until it turns you into a snow goblin, then get laid."

Oh my god! I totally forgot about all of that and I'm giggling incessantly.