hivemind

Feb Feast 2014 Event & Preregistration Information

tl;dr: Feb Feast is on February 22, 2014. PayPal $41 to paypal@mvgc.net to preregister, space is limited to 66 people, first come first served, et cetera.

For the literate amongst you...

The 2013 Kingdoms of Novitas February Feast will be held on Saturday, February 22nd at Vanderkamp. There will be a single 5-hour game shift, to run from noon to 5 PM, followed by an in-character feast, and an out-of-character party.

Dinner will be provided on Saturday night by Vanderkamp in the dining hall. You're on your own for the rest of the meals. Dinner this year will be in-character. If you do not have a character, you're encouraged to invent something innocuous for the feast. Garb is mandatory. This feast is NON-COMBAT. Between 5 PM and the end of the feast, there will be no shenanigans. No spells may be cast, no alchemical items may be used, no theft, no damage calls made of any sort, NO NOTHING THAT WILL PHYSICALLY AFFECT A CHARACTER OR HIS BELONGINGS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM! Any violations of this policy will be dealt with by rolling back whatever happened, and handing out multi-game suspensions to the perpetrators. Don't test me.

After dinner, we will retire to Frank Lodge for the usual stuff: a fundraiser auction, a short State of the Game address, and drinking. 12 Noon on Sunday is GTFO.

Due to start time issues we had in past years, we have rented Confirmation Lodge for two nights, enabling our noon game-on start time. If you are traveling from farther than about three hours away, that is, you don't live in Central New York, you are welcome to drive out Friday night and stay in Confirmation lodge for both nights. The rule of thumb for using Confirmation Lodge on Friday night is this: ask yourself if you'd have to leave your house earlier than 8 AM to make the noon start time for the game shift. If you would, then feel free to come on Friday night and crash in Confirmation Lodge. Confirmation Lodge sleeps 10 people. Everyone else is invited to be on-site Saturday morning and fill up any remaining beds in Confirmation as well as Frank and Oscar Lodges. Logistics will run out of Fellowship Hall. The downstairs area of Oscar Lodge will be in-game as a common room, so Oscar residents please keep your shite picked up in there. After the feast, Oscar lodge is designated as the quieter board/video gaming and hanging out lodge, while Frank Lodge is designated as the there-will-be-loud-music-and-dancing-and-drunkenness-and-people-up-all-night lodge.

So, the itinerary looks like so:

Friday, February 21, 2014

4 PM - arrival begins for out-of-towners in Confirmation Lodge. Don't burn the place down.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

10 AM - Setup begins

11 AM - Logistics opens for PCs - there is no need to sign in if you're not PCing.

11:30 AM - Logistics open for NPCs

12 Noon - Game on!

5 PM - Game ends - CLEANUP LOGISTICS - THIS MEANS YOU

6 PM - Dinner

7:30 PM - Fundraiser Auction and stuff

8:30 PM - Party on Wayne (Party on Garth)

Sunday, February 23, 2014

12 Noon - GTFO

Cost for this event is $41 per person.

You can send preregistration payments to paypal@mvgc.net.

When you pre-register, make sure to include the real names of everyone you're paying for, and what nights you're staying over, if any, if you are PCIng or NPCing, what PC party you're in if you're PCIng

You can also pay a Marshal, any Marshal, in person with cash. If you do this, the price is $40. Marshals, please let me know who you receive money from, and the above registration information, to include the date they gave you the money.

If you are planning on daytripping and leaving before dinner, or if the price for this event is an issue for you, please contact me.

If you are planning on PCing, REGISTER EARLY. We are only allowing for about 20 PC slots.

PREREGISTRATION BEGINS NOW AND ENDS AT MIDNIGHT, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 16th.

There are 65 beds available, and a few spots on the couches and cots. I'll do my best to figure out who is daytripping, etc. so that we can try and find a bed for everyone who wants to stay the night. 65 is not the cap for the event, it's the cap for people sleeping there Saturday night (and even then we have a little wiggle room. If we go massively over this number, we will rent another building, but this needs to be done sooner rather than later, so please PREREGISTER EARLY!

I'll keep an updated attendance list here. DO NOT pester me to see if I got your pre-registration until February 17th. Inquiries will be ignored. Repeated inquiries will be junkpunched.

VENDORS

If anyone knows anyone who would be interested (or any of you are) please let me know. Real actual vendors can get comped for a bunk and dinner (and I'll make them a drink too).

OK, now to demonstrate that I am in fact a reasonable human being, I will answer your grammatically-correct questions regarding this event below.

Also, please make sure your pre-reg includes your character name, if you're PCing or NPCing, and which nights you're staying (or if you're day-tripping).

Will bartering, buying and selling of in game items between PCs be allowed during the feast?

I Just pre-registered but I forgot to include that I intend to stay on Saturday night.

If we plan on paying with cash, do we still message paypal@mvgc.net or is there another place to indicate pre-registration?

If we plan on paying with cash, do we still message paypal@mvgc.net or is there another place to indicate pre-registration?

There is no option to pre-register and pay on site. The only valid pre-registration is a paid pre-registration.

If you cannot use PayPal, and cannot get cash to a Marshal in your area, you can mail it to:

Kingdoms of Novitas February Feast

4 Ellmore Drive

Whitesboro, NY 13492

I don't care if you send cash. If you send a personal check, that's fine, but if I receive it too late for your funds to clear, then you're not pre-registered. The same caveat goes for people using PayPal e-checks or other shenanigans - if the money's not in the bank, you're not pre-reged.

If you are doing any of these options, act fast. DO NOT wait until the second week of February. Your funds will NOT clear in time.

Will bartering, buying and selling of in game items between PCs be allowed during the feast?

That's fine, however, this is a feast, not a festival, so don't try and hawk your wares during dinner. But mutually agreeable commerce is perfectly fine. If you're engaging in commerce at the feast, you are required to deal honestly - because if you screw someone, they can't stab you.

I forgot to indicate when I sent in payment for myself and Ben that we'll be there Friday night.

I forgot to indicate when I sent in payment for myself and Ben that we'll be there Friday night.

Actually, this is already becoming a problem.

Again.

Albany is not far enough away that you guys can't just get on the road at 8 AM and make it to VK in plenty of time. You guys are only a little more than two hours from the site. I already have more Albany folks wanting to stay in Confirmation Lodge than there are beds available for.

I'm going to need to hear a good reason why folks from the Albany area need to arrive on Friday night. As of right now, if you are from the Albany area, you should not be arriving Friday night. I'm talking to:

Guile

Nick Q

Mary

Lauren

Ben

Jaime

Nick and I travel approximately 30 minutes to get TO Albany from Clifton Park weekend traffic so we can get on I-90, and also stop halfway to pick up Ben, requiring the rearranging of many things in the vehicle to fit everyone's belongings. Usually we leave our place around 2pm and arrive close to 6pm for an average game. So while Albany -> Vandercamp is only a 2.5 hour trip, we are actually in Clifton Park, have to fight traffic to get TO Albany, then stop on the way for another person.

I know google maps suggests going through Amsterdam, but we've done that before and despite being the more directionally direct route, it takes longer in weekend traffic.

Sorry, still not buying it. Google Maps tells me that Clifton Park to Vanderkamp Center is two hours and sixteen minutes. That's going 65 on the Thruway, and there is NO reason you should be driving in to Albany. Take Route 91 to Wexford, cross the river on Balltown Road, take a right onto Aqueduct Road into Schenectady, take 890 to the Thruway. I just cannot fathom why you can't leave at 8 AM to make it to game well before noon. Even if you dick around picking up Ben for 45 minutes, you still get to Vanderkamp at 11 AM. Grak's taint, I drove from Utica to Catskill today in 1:45, and then from Catskill to Oneida in under two hours.

Look, Confirmation Lodge only sleeps ten. Right now, I've got two of our vendors from Maryland in there, and a couple people from central PA. That only leaves 5-6 bunks. If eight of you from Albany want to sleep in there, that's simply not possible. We have this problem every year. I'm sorry if this means people are going to have to get up early on Saturday, but unless we're going to start renting a big lodge to accommodate everyone who wants the sleep in special, this is how it's gotta be.

I mean, show of hands, who wants to pay $65 a head for Feb Feast instead of $40? That's what's gotta happen if we're going to have twenty people who want to stay Friday night.

That route is no good. It's all lights and 30 MPH. The only ways really are to take the Highway (87 to 90) or route 67 from Ballston spa to Amsterdam then to 90. From SUNY Albany it always took me 2.5 hours. From Clifton park, you are looking at another 15 mins AND they have to stop and get someone. 3+ hours for sure.

Now that doesn't really change the fact that there's no space at VK. I have floor space for people at my house if people want to drive here Friday night. 4-6 People at max. PM me for details.

I don't live in Albany... I live in Kirkwood like 5 min away from the PA boarder near Binghamton. Granted its still only a about a 2 hour drive, but I need to get rides up there. This comes ether from Steve A. who adds about 30-45 min to get here and and get done loading or more likely Pat and Kerrie which equals out to about the same when I get dropped off at there place and loaded before traffic. Because I don't drive we are looking at about a 3 hour go time as well. I am not sure if they have pre-regged or not to explain this as well but that's how it is with me down here. If there is no space in the lodge than I can probably spend the night at Pat's if they let me so its not a issue.

Yeah, I tend to agree with Zach here. There are NUMEROUS people that have homes in the area, that are always more than accommodating to people. Our house included.

Let's try to utilize these houses.... It's really not worth arguing over an hour of time. Quite frankly, I can make it to Albany and back to VK before noon on Saturday if I left by 7 or 8, if people really want to argue. Don't pretend like any of you actually drive 65 MPH the entire way tongue.gif...

Steve, Just stay the night at my house. You can sleep in the car on the way up if you can't pass out. :)

Since the feast is in character and in garb, how is that going to interact with the rule about drinking alcohol during games? Will everyone have to wait until after dinner to drink even if they're not playing in the actual game shift?

The actual feast is in character.... There is no fighting or anything "offensive" of the sort allowed in the dining hall where we are eating, so what is the problem if people drink during the feast? As soon as the feast was over, we'd be done and get to the business of the raffles and such. Right in the original post Dave made.

Im confused by your question... lol

True statements:

1. Feb Fest dinner has previously been out of character and "discreetly damp"

2. Novitas standing rule is no drinking at game

3. This year the dinner at Feb Feast will be "in game"

So, should we not drink at dinner this year since it is "in game", or does the previous "discreetly damp" rule apply since it will be so low key.

I feel like I need to dig up my logic stuff from high school math, but I just can't do it.

There's no fighting, so there's no safety issue. If you are of age, feel free to have an adult beverage with dinner.

I don't have PayPal are any of the marshals around the Schenectady Albany area?

I have the following 48 people pre-registered. If you think your name should be on this list, and it is not, please let me know.

David Haldenwang

Diana Haldenwang

Brandon Rodd

Nick Condolora

Amanda Taylor

Chris Tesorio

Rachel Tesorio

Bill Alfieri

Fred Clark

Steve Guile

Zach Werheim

Christina Mevec

Kristy Trudeau

Frank Meyer

Ryan Staring

MK Benson

Bob Manning

Nick Quattrociocchi

Don Tyson

Bryan Graham

Todd Spencer

Stephen Slocum

Mary Ferro

Alex Hughes

Josh Vanalstyne

Chris Hicks

Lauren Manzer

Ben Nuborazek

Jaime Finley

Al Ferro

Tony Servello

Maggie Bechtel

Andy Wright

Kat Crossman

Damien Liske

Steve Arnold

Melissa Burnside

Emily Travisano

Susan Newby

Adam del Cano

Leon Adams

Pat Lane

Gabe Jow

Tony Ridgeway

Ryan Spires

Caesey Stalker

Richard Baldwin

Julie Bednar

The one that says nick Condolora is me, it must have went through in my dads name because of PayPal!

I have the following 48 people pre-registered. If you think your name should be on this list, and it is not, please let me know.

I'm not on that list and did pre-reg (just double-checked my paypal account to make sure). Payment came from paypalkat@gmail.com. I neglected to add my last name in the comments, though.