Sign in to follow this  
Vany'a

Tome Question.

I just want to clarify a few things about my new Feb Feast Tome

Tome of Forgotten dingus.

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that the following things are true;

- Must actually have it open to the right page, cannot just memorize the incants and have tome on my person.

- Uses my own power.

- Can be used an unlimited number of times a day

- Can not change the incants to fit character flavor, they stay as they are. (fyi - one of the spells in the tome is only 7 words long)

- Question about Greater Magic Jazz Hands

"This spell enchants the hands of the target touched with a faint glowing blue aura, allowing the recipient to catch thrown magical energies in his hands, and then throw them as if he cast the spell himself"

So since this is technically the same spell, just being caught and rerouted, I do not need to use my own power or say an incant, since both of those things were done by the original caster and I'm simply spell-stealing?

Obviously the spell itself costs MP, but if I catch someone else's dominate, I just yell "CAUGHT" and then throw it without having to incant or spend the 5MP for the dominate that I just caught, correct?

1. Yes you need to be reading it, as though it were a scroll

2. Yes it uses your own power

3. There is no limit, although it should only be used by one character.

4. No, you may not change the incants. It's 7 words long because sorcery was more efficient in the olden times, or whatever.

5. You have it right. You catch the spacket, say CAUGHT, then throw it back within a minute. (the same minute as though you had cast it yourself)

Bonus question: How does it work with creeping rot and ruin? They create physical objects, rather than magical energies, so can they be caught with magic hands?

Well you CAN. You just burn your magical little hands right off and take awesome limb wounds. :)

I am assuming if you go to catch a spell and miss, and it hits you, that your reflect / anti magic shield / etc takes affect and does its job?

You're the best. Around. Nothing is ever gonna keep you down!