Sign in to follow this  
Drax

Dragon Prosthetics

I was wondering how much of this draconic statuse is present in the face, its subtle, mid range, or like full snout?

The rules pertaining to Drake costuming are:

Drakes

• Drakes are dragon-like humanoids.
  • Drakes have no homeland, but live together in monasteries and enclaves throughout Novitas.
  • Each individual Drake exhibits a dominant color, which is indicative of what type of dragon they are descended from.
  • Drakes venerate Draconus, and acknowledge the other gods, but do not worship them.
  • Their costume requires a reptilian or amphibian facial prosthetic with make-up to blend it with the skin.
  • All exposed skin must be covered or made-up to match the facial prosthetic.
  • Their clothing tends toward ornament and rich fabrics such as velvets and brocades, and can be from any background, as Drakes have enclaves and monasteries in every land.
  • Costuming Difficulty: Very difficult and expensive
  • New players desiring to play Drakes are encouraged to seek guidance and advice from players who have previously done so.
  • All Drakes gain Racial Language: Draconic for free at first level.

Drakes are designed to be our "high effort" non-human race. Drakes require more prosthetics and makeup than any other non-human race. The only one that comes close is Snow Goblins, but it's very possible to play a "low effort" Snow Goblin very successfully (I did it for years).

Past drakes have either worn full face and head prosthetics, or full-head masks, in addition to lots of makeup. A simple snout is not sufficient. A drake should be immediately apparent, even in low-light or other sub-optimal viewing conditions, as a non-human.

Hi Drax! I'm MK, the Props and Atmosphere Marshal. I think that the proth you have above would work nicely, except that I notice they're out of stock. sad.gif

i have found them on other storefronts as well, just wanted to make sure it was legit for a Drake before i purchase one :)

That looks like the one Todd got Dan into several years ago! (As an NPC)

<iframe src=" IMG 037 width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

i found a bit of a different prosthetic that i want to purchase ASAP for the June event but i would like to have it OK'ed before the game so i don't waste the cash on it i will be doing it with the full face and an addition ear prosthetic with spikes. is this acceptable for a black/brownish drake?

http://www.mostlydead.com/products/gill-man-foam-prosthetic-mask

http://www.mostlydead.com/products/magnus-spiked-ears

That's definitely leaning more towards the amphibious part of the costume requirements for a drake. I'd personally like to see something more dragon-y added in addition to the facial proth and the ears. I mean, adding something like small horns, a tail, or vestigial wings would really make it clear that you are a Drake and not a Piscean/Fish-person. That said, as far as the costuming requirements as written, what you've got there is acceptable.

I see what your saying, I think i am gonna go with my original post but im going to make some ear and spike additions to it. thank you for the input.

For anyone reading this thread in the future - the original mask looked beautiful in game.

For anyone reading this thread in the future - the original mask looked beautiful in game.

Yes it did! As the first zombie walking into the inn, I ended up just staring at the guy while he was stabbing me, it was grand!

That being said, I still plan on making my own.