Sign in to follow this  
Vany'a

Dragons and stuff.

It was another cold night and the horned elf known as Vany'a had closed herself in temple for the time being. The cold blooded nature of her new form left her sluggish and often in need of warmth. Luckily, the temple was a source of both warmth, food, and company. She wondered where the elderly man, Gelfreido (sp?), had gotten off to, but thought perhaps he was sleeping or tending any number of other tasks. Vany'a liked him.

For the time being, Vany'a was penning in a language unknown to most - the Polyglot spell contained within her tome had allowed her to begin copying her Book of Shadows into Immortal, a wonderful way to keep her secrets... well, secret. Beside her book sat a letter, written from Jaroth. She had been so convinced that Pinedale would kill him off eventually, but now he came forward with strange information that left her puzzled and thinking.

What fool finds a dragon horde and takes of it but one thing? To take nothing out of fear of consequence, she could understand. To take all you could carry for the sake of wealth and power, she could also understand. But to take but one weapon -despite what a grand thing it was- and leave the rest hidden... it was either madness or some form of genius that she could not understand. The madness, of course, she could appreciate.

Still, so many were stepping forth, claiming that they now walked the path of the scaled godbeast. She wished to speak with so many... Dano, Blagar, Jaroth, Silas... she still needed to knock some sense into Akken's head, get this foolish idea of neutrality out of him. And what of the new drake, Ethos? And Scarlett? Too many, too unorganized!

Vany'a didn't realize she had thrown an oil lamp against the wall until she heard it shatter. Luckily it was the one that always went out. She really didn't need to set the building on fire...

"Ugh," she sat back down. She really needed to talk with the others...

*Veria sits off to the side contentedly knitting, until the lamp shatters. Startled, she drops her current project.*

"By the Gods... You know there are easier ways of engaging a person in conversation." She bends to gather her needles and frowns upon discovering she's dropped some stitches. She picks through the array of needles and hooks beside her for the one sized best for the task.

"If something is bothering you and you want to talk about it I'm always willing to listen."

The blue haired faekin jumpes as the. Light source hits the wall. He grumbles a bit. To much business. To much work.

"Please stop throwing things." He half asks half snaps. Then sighin, "What troubles you Vanya."

Blagar turns "Sorry mi lady." He says to the septon.

Jaroth pokes his head into the Temple having just arrived from a journey to the Shrine of the Godbeast. He had spent the day studying it trying to understand it. Hr was convinced the godbeast had something to do with his sword.

"What was with the crash is everyone all right in here?" He looks over and notices the letter near Vay'na's belongings. "I see you found my letter."

Vany'a blinked as she realized there were voices. Voices that made words. Words that came from people, which meant she hadn't been alone in the Temple. How long had Veria and Blagar been here? Had they been there the whole time? Were they there when Vany'a had come in hours ago, or did they come in while she had sat there working? She couldn't recall.

"...Right. Sorry," her tone indicated that she really wasn't, though she eyeballed the shattered glass. She'd have to replace the lamp.

At Jaroth's arrival, Vany'a let out a slight hiss. "Yes, amazing how things can be found when left in another's bed. Stay away from my sleeping quarters." She furrowed her brows at him, and once sure the ink on her pages was dry, snapped her book shut.

"Blagar. Jaroth. Things about dragons," she wiggled her fingers slightly at them, an odd way to request that they speak up about recent happenings.

Blagar hissed at Vany'a for the rather rude request. Then he spoke in common so the others may understand. "Scary dreams, a voice in my head that never stops talking and a surge of power."

"I can't find the balance between peace and chaos." It makes my head pound." Angry the blue haired man bit his knuckle.

Jaroth's arrival only furthered his frustration. He needed to speak to Vany'a in private. This would not do at all.

He gives a slight nod to Jaroth before returning his attention to his ornamenting.

Odric stumbled into the room, one eye shut with sleep, the other darting around trying to find the source of the noise that woke him. He was surprised to find so many people awake and active this late in the temple. It was then that he saw the lamp in shambles near the closest wall, then looked to Vany'a. The expression on her face told him everything he needed to know.

Speaking not a word, he grabbed the pan and broom, disposed of the mess, and put a rag down to soke up the remaining oil.

Seeing no reason to fall back asleep while the temple was so populated, Odric collapsed on the nearest bench. Perhaps there would be need of him yet.

Jaroth nodded as Vay'na scolded him. "My apologies next time I will merely leave it on the door. Well as for dragons I feel as if maybe the godbeast has something planned for me and the sword was the beginning."

The young elf prince sat on a bench and stared at Vay'na's shrine. "So far I journeyed to the Shrine in the swamp to study its properties. Call me intrigued by the aspect of power the godbeast can instill. Also I fregently have nightmares of my dead fiance. It is possible that he Has been doing it to me."

Vany'a hissed back at Blagar, though his following words forced her face to split in a strange grin. "Find peace IN chaos instead," she told him. "The dragon is chaos - to submit to him, but not embrace him... well, you'll end up with more than just headaches."

The priestess watched as Odric stirred from his slumber, her left eye spinning as he began cleaning up her mess without even being asked to do so. She pondered Jaroth's words, shaking her head a bit. "So you've both been having dreams then?" She asked of both Jaroth and Blagar. "And Jaroth, what power did you feel where the shrine once stood?"

"And what have you to say on the Godbeast, Odric?" She asked. Obviously the horned elf was prodding for some sort of brainstorming session about something.

Jaroth nodded about the dreams. "Yes the last few weeks they have gotten much more vivid. As for the power I felt. I felt an immense wave of chaotic energies from the ley lines."

The young elf rubbed his temples and sighed. "I am very new to these ideas but for some odd reason I feel invigorated and energized by them."

Ordic realized he had been asked a question as he snapped back to reality. He gave some thought as to the depth of the question. Recalling his recent conversation with Gelfreido (sp?), he found his answer.

"Clearly the Godbeast is a God of extreme power, and conducts his business with an agenda unknown to all. Do I bow my head and pray to him?" Odric sighed. "No God has gotten that pleasure from me in some time. Not since I left Vlean." He bit his tongue. You're saying too much.

"In any case, dreams are a Godly domain. There is no telling what this could spell for either of you." He glanced at Blagar and Jaroth. "But what do I know?"

Blagar sighed under his breathe as the others continued to talk, "Peace in chaos" The Faekin did that quite well on his own without the help of any deity. Still living in the creation of chaos was the very nature of Fae, well Blagar's side anyways. Its amazing how he falls into this role so often without even having to try."

He goes back to his work, trying to focus. Trying to focus and failing

Odric looked over at Blagar and could sense his distress as he tries to continue with his work. Good job, you probably offended him. Treading lightly, he walked to the blue haired faekin and sat down.

"Don't take my lack of faith in the divine as a sign that they won't favor you more then I. Surely your condition is some sort of sign that the Gods want something out of you." Odric paused, then spoke in a slightly lower tone. "Sometimes, being abandoned by them is a better fate then being chosen in an attempt to prove a point." As if in spite of him, Odric's arm burned once again. Why now? Stay strong, it will last only a moment longer. He held his arm as the pain dissipated.

Hopefully no one else noticed.

The merchant looks up from his work yet again interrupted. "WHAT?' Blagar cannot comprehend the man before him.

"Is he really talking to me...?" the Faekin wonders as stares blankly at the man.

His mouth moves without his mind. "Do you know of nightmares, of shadows that creep through the woods waiting to slit your throat, or consume your heart. My condition has nothing to do with the gods. Draconus smiles down on me with the gift of chaos, It chases me constantly trying to swallow me like a dragon of old. "

"When the student is ready...." Blagar thought. Maybe all it takes is embracing the chaos.

Odric could only watch helplessly as the Fae went off, talking like a mad man. Hopefully THIS isn't the type of chaos Vany'a was talking about. He could feel everyone in the room glaring at the two of them at once, as if someone had physically had thrown something at him. Odric recoiled, falling on the ground in front of the bench.

Dumbfounded, he just sat there, unable to move, and uttered a single word. "...Sorry..."

Blagar stops and he starts to laugh. "I can't believe it, I sound like Vany'a." he thinks. Looking back at Odric he lets go of his stress and anger. The migraine slowly subsides.

The Gods of Novitas are very much alive. Whether you choose to worship them are of your own accord. My condition however it may look is that I am overworked, underpaid, and without a proper meal." The Faekin puts down the shield he is imbuing with magical energy. The blue glow of Blagar's work slowly fades.

The blue haired man smiles at the dumbfounded look on the human's face. "II apologize for my outburst. can I take you to the inn for a hot meal?"

The Faekin stands up and walks to the door. He opens it with a slight bow and a wave of the hand. "I don't think we have met so may I introduce myself. "I am Blagar Lightwing, The Wandering Merchant, The Golden Phoenix, and very hungry."

(Sorry for response delay)

Vany'a sat in silence, listening to the others speak and tilting her head. "I agree with Blagar - the gods are very much alive. Everyone seems to forget that this means the Dark Tree are just as potent in this world as those who sprang from the body of Illumitas. When they're not raising the dead and throwing monstrous beasts at us, too many let it slip their mind that they are still at work in the shadows, and just as the Sept and the Nightmare have their tools, the dark ones have theirs," she tilted her head further craning her neck until it gave a loud POP of relief. She purred slightly in response to it.

"Strength allows us to stand up and protect the people and the places we love. The gods are the greatest power, and they give that power to their followers - I suppose I just don't understand choosing weakness," she shrugged a bit, then realized how insulting that could have sounded . "No offense meant."

"There is food on the fire if you choose, Blagar. I had a lot of that pork left - it had to be cooked now that the weather is no longer frozen."

The blue haired Faekin looks to Vany'a "Would you have us kill of all of the worshipers of the Dark Gods? Or like others in Pinedale do you stay your blade when you meet such people?" The question comes from an encounter with another Draconus worshiper.

One who spoke of balance. but the idea puzzles the Faekin, one who spoke of The Nightmare as being chaos would clearly side with the Dark Gods, leaving those to worship him in peace Or maybe they would kill at random. Blagar's mind raced as he tries to remember Vany'a killing any Septons.

"Perhaps not kill on sight - I am sure there are those who are merely misguided. Was it not worshipers of the god-beast that assisted the Al Cairn in the raising of Voltrax?" She thought, then realized Blagar had not been around for that. "They were mislead and tricked, as I am sure many followers of the Dark Three are. But those who cannot be swayed to leave the side of Darkness... well, Draconus came from Illumitas. The Dark Three seek to destroy Illumitas. You do the math."

She shook her head a bit. "If you ask Akken he will have quite a different story to tell. Some nonsense about the deer not understanding the wolves, and that we fear Dark Three worshipers just because we do not understand them. But they are not some gentle, misunderstood enigma. The Dark Three wish to destroy all of which Illumitas brought into creation. You, me, our allies, innocent children, Novitas, the Fae Realm... again, you do the math. "

Vany'a tilted her head, then shrugged. "Short answer - if they cannot be swayed... kill them."

A small laugh left the Faekin as Vany'a finished. "Are you going crazy Vany'a? Gaining strength and power to protect friends? Embrace the chaos in life? You are beginning to sound like a certain blue haired Faekin. "

The faekin winked at the elf as he finished up. "Thank you for the food."

"Odric right? Come, there is pork to be consumed." With that, the Faekin left.

Brushing the dirt from his clothes, Odric stood up. Now that Blagar mentioned it, he felt quite hungry himself. Eyeing the door Blagar left to get food, he took a step forward, then stopped. Turning to Vany'a he spoke:

"Try not to mistake what I said about the Gods. My lack of faith IN them doesn't mean that I don't believe them to be alive. My Father used to be a Septen, believe it or not. It just seems that these past few months have tried my patience and faith..." Odric's thoughts trailed off. Has it really been that long?

Regaining focus, he spoke again. "If you have the time, I'd like to hear your take on the Godbeast and Sept, or whatever else comes up. Of course, that is, if you don't mind me listening over a meal. I'm starving, and I prey that the offer of food to Blagar applies to me as well." He smiled, then slowly walked to the door and slipped out, not waiting for Vany'a's response. He could hear the food calling his name from inside.

Vany'a only grinned at the both of them, not responding to either as they left to obtain meals.

The clatter of scale against scale can be heard as Dano walks up the trail from what used to be the Bazaar. Noticing figures by the fire, he cautiously draws his goblin iron sword and slows his pace, almost moving dead quiet. His scale armor glittering from the flames of the fire so he raises his shield, making sure to block his armor from view.

After drawing closer to the fire he recognizes one of the figures and re holsters his sword, then quietly walks up the steps making sure the blue Faekin notices his wave before going into the Temple. As he looks around inside, he nods to those there.

"Hello everyone." The terran softly speaks.

Jaroth looked up from a book he was reading. As he had decided to take a seat. He waved to Dano as he entered and his eyes returned to his book. "Hello Dano."

The young elf pulled out a notebook and a quill before begin to scratch down notes of some sort that he was taking from the book. His scholorly mind was eager to learn anything he could.