Sign in to follow this  
Daitoro

Ten Years Of Novitas: Memories Of PC's Who Are No Longer With Us

With this upcoming weekend being the 10th Anniversary of Kingdoms Of Novitas and checking out the archive photo gallery, l have a question:

Who is a favorite retired \ dead \ etc. PC of yours and \ or what is a fond memory that character?

Suki, it was one of Lauren's NPCs. She called me Blueberry, a title that I can't seem to get rid of.

Although I have only been here since September of 2013, there is one I miss immensly:

9698560268_c50c8a47de.jpg

KON Sept 20130172 by stephenmarshphotography, on Flickr

Shadaku (sp?), the black drake, immediately caught my eye at my first event. I remember looking over the Novitas online rules and it described the different races you can be. While I knew I was going to bring my Dag character and make him into a fully dimensional character in Novitas, when I saw pictures of drakes, I was hoping to see one as a PC.

I heard nothing but great things about Shadaku and the man behind the make up and prosthetics. According to fellow players that I talked to, he was very dedicated to not just Shadaku but any character he portrayed. I even heard some say he was the best drake to come to Novitas.

First time as my PC, it was forth shift. There was light rain and a campfire at Pinedale Inn. The only one outside was - you guessed it: Shadaku, sitting at a bench, never letting his eyes off of me.

He stared at me (probably wondering if I was a wraith!) as I sat by the campfire, warming myself up. Both of us stayed in complete silence as our respective characters for almost five minutes.

When Eliana and her group came out of the Inn, I remember Eliana freaking out and didn't know whether or not to attack me! While Eliana was trying to talk to me and I kept the silent thing going, Shadaku came up to me and sniffed my scent from behind. I didn't know if I was going to be attacked or not but luckily, he spared me. As I warmed myself up by the fire, Shadaku and another PC spoke in the drake language. That would be the last time we crossed paths.

I was very dissapointed that I found out by the next event that he moved out of state and would no longer be with us. I had plans to develop a character relationship with him.

Despite my dissapointment, other players talk about found memories of Shadaku. I heard he was a cranky old drake he would go senile from time to time. I heard he once attacked another PC only to heal them again!

It would not be until April 2014 that we got another drake, in the form of the color red.

(forgive me phil but can never remember how to spell ur old pc) gius. he was the only human my old pc neccero liked. funny as hell and one hell of a fighter. my heart broke when I heard he got killed at an event that I had to miss.

I miss Elios. He was the original "Lawful Stupid" character, but managed to do it believably. A bastion of goodness in a sea of questionable morals.

I miss the House of Cherry Blossoms. I don't miss the setup and cleanup (as our current crop of Snow Goblins now, I bet, understand) but being able to play such an alien race was a great time, and really stretched the roleplaying muscles.

I miss the Slatestones. There was never a dull moment with them in town.

I definitely miss Telmar / Scotty.. My first event in a LONG time without having my sidekick while PCing was quite different for me... Falco was fun, but after playing my new character for a month, I can see I'm going to really open up my book of RP on this one. It's going to be a blast.

There haven't been many deaths in game since the Slatestones ERA, but someone that retired that comes to mind is Goldwright. He was quite the RP machine, and it was my goal each weekend to get him to laugh.

Iga is probably the most prominent for me to have retired. I always seemed to shuttter in fear when he entered the Inn with Wei and company. Just the intimidation he presented and the absolute fantastic RP that he brought to the shifts he played was amazing.

Iga is probably the most prominent for me to have retired. I always seemed to shuttter in fear when he entered the Inn with Wei and company. Just the intimidation he presented and the absolute fantastic RP that he brought to the shifts he played was amazing.

This 100 times. The alien-ness that Drew brought with Iga was amazing. Because of his weird, he forced you to justify "normal" behavior in your own role playing. I mean, how amazing is it when someone else's character prompts you to better flesh out and role play your own? Simply masterful. smile.gif

Yup, going with Iga. Chasing "SHINOBI" and drinking their spinal tea to cleanse my spark of it's natural wussiness was TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME! It made me want to play KoN 4EVA.

Iga leans over Zander who kneels at his feet and says: "Look to the stars weak one."

Zander: "Why?"

Iga: "Because that is where we will take your Warrior Spirit."

Looks over Zanders shoulder and yells at the top of his lungs: "SHINOBI! It is time for tea." Wicked creepy smirk in a full moon and torchlight. Unflippingforgetable.

Drew/Iga was/is a Bad Ass.

Gaius.

He was the character that got my PC out of her shell and trying new things back when she was skittish and afraid of anything that moved. (Or didn't move, in the case of dead bodies and... dirt). He was passionate and lived life to the fullest, protecting those he loved and never half-assing anything.

His death continues to be one of the most horrifying moments in Vany'a's life and was the catalyst for her radical changes.

Miss ya Gaius!

Someone I know that only a few characters in town will remember. Malakai, the Quartermaster for the Knightmare Legion. I'm sure I spelled his name wrong and I am sorry.

Brigid. Amy created and lived the best Dellin we'd seen to date, and played it to the hilt.

I miss Shen... He was "good." Most of Pinedale are so sketchy. He was the only one who thought mowing down a Mycaniod couple having a picnic and not actually causing any trouble at all that weekend, constituted murder.

8^P

Wow there are quite a few I miss. Eleos, Marius, Nasri, Meave, Gaius, Vos, and the House of Cherry Blossoms to name a few.

I miss Shen... He was "good." Most of Pinedale are so sketchy. He was the only one who thought mowing down a Mycaniod couple having a picnic and not actually causing any trouble at all that weekend, constituted murder.

8^P

Same, by the end of his run he must have had hundreds of refugees sent to his farm. I myself was sent there as an NPC at least six times.

But yet, I love the juxtaposition between Shen and Trissia. Molly's rp skills rock.

I miss Rynil. Veria use to start every event with her hello chat with Rynil.

I miss the NSGG and the Justice League. They taught me trust, fear, responsibility, confidence, and how you can always make a friend over PIE! (If only they taught me how to spell)

I miss the playboys, they were such a great crowd. I also miss Beladonna, she was always fun to be around. Yoji was also an interesting character to RP with as well.

So many memorable PC's over the years- the entire NSGG- they taught me how to do serious LARP RP, Jade Slatestone- interacted with her both as an adversary and as a firend (different PC's), Eleos, Daizo, Omar- yes Omar's hammer is named after a PC. Such great stories over the years...

Blagar misses Xicris, Riona, Avelis, and Nimes. They were the Faekin Blagar met first met in Pinedale.

Xicris will always be one of the most influencial characters for Blagar. He is the reason Blagar went to Gersh to study and train. He taught Blagar to take pride in his bloodrite. He is also the reason Blagar is looking to ascend. Xicris also taught Blagar that friends are mpre important than anything else.

I miss so many characters - Elios - the first wood elf Rhaveniel ever met, Miles - always challenging her to grow, Iga - that first terrifying night in court when Rhaveniel stopped hiding her noble identity and the conversation she had with Iga about love - very odd, yet very rewarding. Also very funny when someone got green torches for the Bazaar's grand opening and Iga's superstitions had Miles jumping to put them out.I miss tea with the ladies of the court. Malakai trying to recruit me to join the Nightmare Legion as a back up potions master. I miss the character growth that fearing the Slatestones brought to us all. I miss Gaius - it was awesome getting to watch my husband in action. STQ went through alot of change and growth under his guidance and we worked together well a a team, though our characters were so different. *I* was shocked that Gaius died. His vigil had both Rhaveniel and myself in tears.

Baevynn misses Falco. She had such a crush on him and he died/left and she still has no idea what's going on.

Also, if this post works, I'm going to cry tears of joy for the rest of my life.

For certain, Brigidt. Best dellin ever, and her death had the most profound change in Ambrose.

Ajax. The Oddfellows wouldn't be who they became without him.