Sign in to follow this  
Ali K

Wanderin...

Hey everyone,

My name is Ali and I am a larper from Canada whom travels to larps all around the world. I just stumbled across your larp page via fb I believe and I'd love to come try it out. I have some odd questions; what is the least played pc race? Please tell me I don't have to start off as human. Is there a specific meal plan. Is there a touch/ no touch policy. When are people allowed to set up at site? Is it strict cabin's only/ can we tent? How many people do you average a game? Annnnd is there a bold soul who can walk me through making a character.

Ali

Hey Ali. My name is Steven. Its good to meet ya. Most of out group is out at a week long Dagorhir event so the boards are going to be a bit slower than normal. As for your questions...

1) The least played races right now are the Earthkin, Drakes, and Snow Goblins. Drakes and Snow Goblins are mostly due to the amount of makeup and prosthetic needed to play them. Earthkin I think just kinda fell out of favor and is just at a low point right now.

2) We recommend human be played first but it is not a requirement. That being said, Human, Elf, and Earthkin are easy to do makeup wise. While Drake, Faekin, Snow Goblin are much harder to play with a lot more costume and look requirements.

3) Meal plan isn't specific. We have a fully working and staffed inn that is In Character. When you are NPCing, let the GM's know you are hungry and they will let you get food. They might give you something to roleplay while you are there or just have you go as random farmer #4 but if you are hungry go eat. The menu is set up with 2 choices that differ from game shift to game shift. Assume Rice dishes, Pasta, Stew, and Hot Sandwiches that change between the shifts and Hot dogs are normally always available. For breakfast Oatmeal or Eggs. The inn food is included with your site fee.

4) No touch unless you are ok with touching. Our searches default to verbal searches where you describe where you are looking and the NPC will let you know if you find anything. Physical searches are allowed if both are OK with that. Before you are searched players will ask "Physical or Detailed Search". Beyond that its at your comfort. No one will touch you unless you are ok with them touching you.

5) I would tell you not before 5pm Friday night. Logistics or Operations might have a different answer of when the camp opens up to us but most people start showing up around 5pm.

6) Tents are fine and encouraged if you have one. Tents are now considered structures in our game. So they can be locked, effected by spells, and treated as a home. Last event I think we had 6 or 7 tents setup in play and I know a couple players who didn't come to that event also have tents. We have a tent pitching area set up in front of the town in the main field but there are no rules on where you do set up. Also, While not a rule, I would suggest putting glowsicks on your tent lines at night. You may also pitch a tent as a PC encampment and still sleep in the cabins if you prefer.

7) Logistics will have the correct answer on this one but I would ballpark at 60-65 players a game on average. I don't have access to the numbers though but I would think thats a pretty close guess.

8) I would be more than willing to help you make a PC for our game if you would like.

If you have any other questions, Feel free to post them on here or PM them to me. I or any of the other Player Outreach will be more than happy to answer anything you want to ask. Welcome to Novitas :)

For tents to be set up for in game, they need to be period, or at least reasonably period looking. Nylon camping tents and the like have a reserved area where they are set up.

Aaaand Guile pretty much covered everything above. I'm Maggie, I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach second Marshall so if you have any questions, let me know. Depending on which race you pick, I can point you toward someone who can help you figure out costuming/make-up and character style. I recommend checking out our rulebook and our worldbook. The rulebook is the most important, but it is certainly a daunting task so if you have any questions about either, let me know. I would love to help you make a character--it's one of my favorite things to do. I'm pretty certain you have most of the garb necessary, but I can tell you what would be best for different situations. Our garb rules are kind of strict to keep up the immersion factor.

I hope you can join us! It's lots of fun, I promise.

6) Tents are fine and encouraged if you have one. Tents are now considered structures in our game. So they can be locked, effected by spells, and treated as a home. Last event I think we had 6 or 7 tents setup in play and I know a couple players who didn't come to that event also have tents. We have a tent pitching area set up in front of the town in the main field but there are no rules on where you do set up. Also, While not a rule, I would suggest putting glowsicks on your tent lines at night. You may also pitch a tent as a PC encampment and still sleep in the cabins if you prefer.

A clarification here: what Guile said was for period/non-modern tents. Modern nylon tents, what we refer to as "ground pimples", will be required to be set up a good distance away from where the game is actually played, as they are not in-game structures and detract from the atmosphere.