Sign in to follow this  
Ashlin Burnheart

Desert in Novitas

This is a topic that has been talked about a few times. If it has not happened i feel it would be cool if a desert was a part of Novitas.

Just bumping the topic.

It's not going to ever happen.

You can stop bringing it up now.

Middle eastern type freelanders a thing? ( hijacking thread just to clarify)

Middle eastern nothings are a thing. It was an oversight in the original world design, and the only way we've thought of to rectify is is to introduce a large island / small continent with a desert climate, maybe off the southern coast of Civen/Terra.

But there's simply not enough demand to justify the work it would entail for the staff.

We have the same landscape as the areas we live in. For a good reason. No deserts.

Western coast of Terra could be friggin dry, all the precipitation gets dropped on the eastern mountains and not a drop makes it to the western slopes on the coast (real world equivalent= all of western Chile)? But no sand dunes there, just sun-fried (yes, fried) cracked river beds and lots of dead grass types and unfriendly shrubbery.

Also places with long-term droughts, could be hot (southern mountainous regions) or really cold (frozen tundras in the north).

Forgive me for chiming in if it is unwarrented...but I too am disappointed that there were was no desert climate to hail from for an arabian/middle eastern background. When talking about Novitas to my friend group, it is something I get asked enough to make mention here; and they too are disappointed.

Novitas as a continent was the paradise home of the gods. It didn't have any wastelands, desert or frozen, at first. The Glacier was an act of the Elemental herself after the world had been created.

It doesn't have everything and I think that's OK. It doesn't have tropical rainforests either. (The Great Forest is closer to a temperate rainforest than anything else.)

The Mad Wastes are as close as you're going to get to a desert. The Ashen Hills are pretty barren as well.

I say work with what we have and try to make a theme fit those regions.