hivemind

Read This Before Posting In Here!

If you're new, WELCOME! We love new players, and we have a dedicated group of staff people in Marketing & New Player Outreach whose entire job it is to help you feel welcome, safe, and confident at your first event.

Maggie Bechtel is the M&PO Marshal. "Marshal" is what we call the people who are in charge of different areas of responsibility at Kingdoms of Novitas (the whole list is here: http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6 ).

Her Second ("Second" is our extremely creative title for the second-in-command. Hey, it's better than "Number Two".) is Jordan Bellassai.

One of them will be along shortly to answer your questions, or point you to the person who can! :)

Existing players, please do not respond to new person posts until Maggie or Jordan have had a chance to, or it's been 24 hours with no other replies to a new person. It's important that we allow the people who have jobs to actually do them, and we'd prefer that all information comes from the same sources to minimize confusion for our new players. Thanks!

Hello!

My name is Desire. I have always wanted to go larping but have been to nervous to go through with it. For 2016 I am determined to do it for the first time and went on the larping.org web page to search for places to larp near me. When I came a crossed The Kingdoms of Novitas. I saw all the great reviews and looked through the website I thought this is perfect! I am still very nervous and don't know how to even start. Any help, tips or tricks for a first timer will be greatly appreciated. I really want to Larp I feel as though this is something I would LOVE to do and be apart of. :)

Hello,

My name is Matt and I am contemplating the idea of larping. I am friends with one of your members already, who has started introducing me to the ideas and character creation for Kingdoms of Novitas. I am very shy and nervous in new situations and with new people, so I am constantly going back and forth as to whether or not I would feel comfortable or not larping.

I am interested in knowing how difficult it is to play an elf and what props I would need to pull that off. In addition, I am interested in several foam weapons from Forged Foam but I am unsure if their weapons are KoN acceptable. Plus, the ones I am interested in have special colored blades. One is a reddish-orange blade, another is a purple blade, a third is an icy blue blade, and the final one is a normal colored blade with spaks of lightning on it. All 4 are daggers of 21-22". I was told that some colors represent certain damage types and that I should get on these forums to find out. I have attached images of the first 3 weapons I mentioned.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

20181206_221058.jpg

20181206_221118.jpg

20181206_221014.jpg

hi my name is Audrey. i have always wanted to do this but never had anyone to go with, now that i do ill be going the march. cant wait to do this!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I plan on going to my first event this March as well :D I say that but watch me chicken out (again). Hopefully I do see you there as it would be nice to know I'm not the only newbie lol~ 

Hi I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you. My second event is the 2019 feb feast. I look forward to to working on larp and being involved in it's development

Welcome to Novitas everyone! I recommend before your first event reading the Learn to Play section of our Rules Wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay and then our lore in our World Book http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf 

Let me know if you have questions and I hope to see you all soon!