All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. June Preproduction

Hello Novitas! Please post here or PM Amy or I with your pre-production needs for the June event. Please submit to pre-produce the following: Crafting You will be receiving your numbers prior to event so if you are creating numbered items, post here or PM Dustan or I. Personalized Incants You have the opportunity to personalize your scroll incants. To do this, post or PM Amy or I during the pre-production window and they will be printed for you. Otherwise, you may produce these at sign-in by writing your incant in on scroll template blanks. (This is not required, but is an option.) Character Retirement As always, if you are retiring a character you need to contact us ahead of time to arrange the retirement process. Seriously, you need to do this. If you know you are retiring at this event, PM Amy or I immediately! Please submit all pre-production requests by SUNDAY, June 2nd at 11:59PM. Thank you everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me here or on Facebook.
  3. Earlier
  4. A legal rapier?

Thanks for the speedy info, you'll likely see me at a future event.
  5. A legal rapier?

Thrusting weapons are legal at Novitas, there are spears and swords that thrust. The rule you are quoting has more to do with things like punch daggers. We don't want someone attacking with a punching motion where if a person is in the wrong place they get actually punched.
  6. A legal rapier?

I stumbled upon a Reddit post that suggested that this rapier https://calimacil.com/collections/all-larp-swords/products/lys-rapier-bastard would be legal to use as a thrusting weapon at Novitas. However, the melee weapon rules state: "Any weapon with a flexible component or which strikes primarily with a punching motion of the arm rather than a swinging motion is forbidden." Are all thrusing weapons forbidden at Novitas? I'm hoping this rule is outdated, as the possibility of thrusting has really piqued my interest in this game. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Have you ever wondered how to clean, maintain, and seal your fancy leather boots? Well, here is a tutorial for you! KON has a 3 part series on how to care for your boots over at youtube: Part 1: Cleaning Part 2: Hydrate Part 3: Seal (or topcoat) See descriptions for links of things to get you started, for not a lot of dough!
  8. Here's the ID magic and Estimate value for May 2019, please only use these IG if you have the pre-requisite skills, Thank you :) idmagic-May-19.pdf estimatevalue-May-19.pdf
  9. You've Introduced Yourself. What Next?

The earliest you can show up is around four. Anytime between 5-8 is my recommendation. I start the new player orientation speech at around 8:30 so I always suggest showing up a bit before then so you have time to get settled before I start talking at you for an hour or so. The earlier you show up, the more likely you're able to help with set up which will get you some xp. It's also nice showing up with some daylight available so you get a chance to see what everything looks like before the sun goes down.
  10. You've Introduced Yourself. What Next?

Thank you, what time does everyone start showing up?
  11. You've Introduced Yourself. What Next?

Great to see you'll be joining us! So we have cabins with bunks so you'll just need pillows, sleeping bags and/or blankets. We've got shower houses so bring towels and toiletries. I recommend a good old electric lantern for finding your way around at night. We do provide a lot of meals, but bringing your own drinks and snacks that you'll want is never a bad idea. Bug spray/sun screen depending on weather. Plus of course all of your game garb and gear.
  12. You've Introduced Yourself. What Next?

Me and my husband and our friend will be joining everyone this weekend, we were wondering what we should bring camping wise, what is needed and also what is recommended. Thank you!
  13. New To Larp

Hi, Scott! Hype yourself with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We are currently video editing videos from April event but we got over 20 videos over the past year - one just added celebrating our game's upcoming 15th anniversary this weekend! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw See you at game this weekend and thank you for reaching out to us!
  14. New To Larp

Hi Scott! Welcome! My name is Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal here at Kingdoms of Novitas! Looking forward to meeting you too! While you're waiting for this weekend, I recommend a little bit of light reading, http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay Reading this Learn to Play section of the rules wiki will definitely help you get ahead of the game in figuring out how to play the game. To get a sneak peek of the world of Novitas, I recommend scrolling through our World Book http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf Let me know if you have any questions at all. See you Friday! Welcome to Novitas!
  15. New To Larp

Hello everyone! My name is Scott, I will be attending my first LARP event this coming weekend with all of you and I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing what KoN is all about! Just wanted to take a second and say hello and I hope to meet you all this weekend! Scott
  16. May Preproduction

Helene Briar Crafting: Barrier stone Bracers of Resilience Merchant exchange: 14 lvls of items into 1 Spyderbyte(lvl3) 1 Rejuvenation Elixir (lvl2) 1 Vial of acid (lvl3) 1 Elixir of wisdom (lvl2) 4 Minor power elixirs (lvl1) 5 production points scrolls + 4 production flower into 3 scrolls of slaying swarm( lvl 3)
  17. May Preproduction

Illivandros Crafting: 24cp total - 100 coin owed 1 Major Wand of Enchant Weapon (12 cp) 1 Ring of Disengage 2/gd (8cp) 1 Lesser Wand of Dissipate (4cp) Production: 25 production - 25 coin owned 5 Scrolls of Primal Form
  18. May Preproduction

Narene Tvarus Master Tinker/Ornimenter Number for a Contraption
  19. May Preproduction

For Enzo: Crafting: Captain Maplewood Shield of Enchant Shield 3/ GD Production: All Scrolls Enchant Shield x2 (4PP) Memory Loss x2 (6PP) Synchronize x3 (12PP) Anti-Magic Shield x4 (8 PP)
  20. May Preproduction

Player: Nicholas Browne PC: Arcturus 2x Silvershine Oil (4pp, 4 coin)
  21. Newcomer

Hi Matt! Welcome! Novitas is a community of wonderful people, glad to have you aboard. I PCed my first game. I had acceptable PC garb from what I had worn to Ren Faires in addition to simple neutral NPC garb. PCing my first game was what hooked me and made me come back again and again month after month. NPCing to me is like being backstage and then onstage and then backstage at a theater production. You go out as a bandit then come back and laugh out of character in the logistics building about that encounter while changing clothes and then you go back out as a gambler. (Or whatever the GM offers you as a role.) PCing, for me is so much more immersive. Just, if you PC your first game, don't expect to be "awesome" right away. I spent a lot of my first two PC shifts watching and listening and learning and asking questions in character. Like, depending on how you spend the very few experience points you start with, you may not have the ability to read spells at all. So you won't be a healer or fighter so much as "I'm new in town and I want to learn healing/fighting, whom do you think I should meet?" or just saying you're new in town and getting to know more about whomever you run into first and their friends and get advice and stories. My PC character was naive and not a fighter to begin with, so I could ask for information or help and learn skills slowly over the months. If I had wanted to bring in an expert sword fighter, then starting my first game with a PC shift might not have worked out as well, since I wouldn't have the experience points to back up the skills I claimed to have. If you go in without expectations, your first PC shifts can be really delightful. And after my first event I started an in character blog, which I found super entertaining! If you have any questions about starting a blog, just ask me! I'm the semi-retired Blog Mistress. -Kate
  22. May Preproduction

Elvensteel Short Sword with Magic Armor 1/gd I'll do my consumables myself at game during my logs shift.
  23. Newcomer

Hi, Matt! Hype yourself with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We are currently video editing videos from April event but we got over 20 videos over the past year - one just added yesterday celebrating our game's 15th anniversary! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw Hope to see you at game and thank you for reaching out to us!
  24. Newcomer

And I'm Dustan the Props and Atmosphere Marshal. If you have any questions concerning, or want some help finding, garb for NPC and PC alike let me know. It's not too late to get stuff ordered if we act quick :)
  25. Newcomer

Hi Matt! I'm Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal here at Kingdoms of Novitas. Welcome! It's great that you've started on the World Book! I'm also going to link you to the Learn to Play section of the rules wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay That will help you get started on the rules end. There's a couple reasons why I generally don't recommend PCing your first event. NPCing is what gets you more XP to build your PC and NPCing also helps you figure out how how the various skills work so you know what to pick for your character. I personally waited three games before bringing in my PC. However, if you want to jump in on a PC your first event, you're absolutely welcome to and I'm happy to help you build your character when you get to game. I know a lot of people who PCed their first event had a great time. Just remember you'll need a different set of garb from your NPC clothes (you can probably reuse your pants and boots if they're generic enough) and you'll need to provide your own weapon if your character uses one. Let me know if you have any questions. See you next week!
  26. Newcomer

Hey everybody, my name is Matt and and I am looking to attend the next event in May. This will be a new experience for me as it will be my first time at an organized LARP community. Im not new to role-playing however, I have played many D20 games that follow similar principles. I have read through the world book and am impressed with the setting and story so far. There's still I bunch I won't know but that will be exciting for my first event. I would like to bring a PC for the first time, but I do understand that it may be recommended not to. I think it would be a lot of fun to jump right in as soon as possible as the world would feel new to me and my character. I have also read through the rulebook as well and I feel like I have a decent understanding of it. If there is a veteran player who believes that it would really not be recommended to bring a PC to the first event, please let me know. I am open to any and all advice if anyone feels like they should tell me. I look forward to meeting everybody and can't wait to try it out. Matt
  27. Feb Feast 2019 Auction Items!

not till next February for this particular auction but we have another auction coming up at the end of june
  1. Load more activity