All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hello! I am hoping to attend my first event

Thank you, and alright, I had read the age requirement policy I just miss read it (though i didn't read the forum post about it just what it says on the website so I will do that right after I post this.) I don't think she would mind much, for all I know she might end up liking the pc stuff too. I also read through a lot of the rules, lore, and world book stuff since I made the post to get inspiration for my characters backstory as well as the general setting of the game itself to get a better sense of how to roleplay my character. I will make sure to talk to dave when I get a chance also. this looks like it will be really fun and thank you again.
  3. Bounty for the abomination wand

The wand was Orange, with a few bulbous protrusions. Drinkwater may remember more specifics. I just remember how it was acquired... And have very strong principals.
  4. 2019 Event Dates

Thanks for the heads up, I'll jump right on that😁😁😁
  5. Last week
  6. Hello! I am hoping to attend my first event

Hi Avery! I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your message. Your mother is going to have to be with you the whole time so she is going to have to be doing whatever you'll be doing for the most part. Talk to Dave Haldenwang (Hivemind on the forums) about making arrangements for your attendance and please read over our Age Requirement policy Definitely also take a look at our Learn to Play section of the Rules wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay and our World Book http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf. Let me know of you have any questions! Welcome!
  7. Bounty for the abomination wand

Scratched in the margin of the notice, in brown ink, is the following: CAN YOU DESCRIBE OR SKETCH THE WAND? MAPLE WOOD GAZETTE IS LOOKING FOR ARTICLES, SEE NORMA.
  8. 2019 Event Dates

September is a special event. There are no PC slots left. I am unsure if they're still accepting preregistration for NPCs. Check with Caitlin U or Chris (NarenZade). Other than that, not much has changed! Dungeon-Crawl-Announcement final(1).pdf
  9. Anyone looking for a strong sword and board for your team? I am returning from the ruins of pinedale, ready to get back to the fight. So hit me up and I will strive to earn my place 

10. 2019 Event Dates

It's been a while hivemind, im looking to return to novitas come the September date. Is there anything I should know that has changed in my absence?
  11. Hey, my name is avery and I am looking to get into larp, I have never done larp before but I have done tabe top roleplaying such as dnd and fate before as well as done sword dueling for fun with friends so I know some of the concepts, I have looked at the rules and built a character (which still needs to get approved of course, though I did want to clarify if there was somewhere for me to get into contact with someone to get it approved or if I get it approved at my first event) I do not yet have gear but I plan on attending my first event in October so I have plenty of time to get some simple adventurer and npc clothing as well as a sword. There is another thing, I am only 16 but it says that a person above 15 but under 18 can still go so long as a parent, sibling, or legal guardian over the age of 21 goes, I don't have any siblings older than me but I think I may have convinced my mom to do it, she doesn't seem interested in the combat stuff though so I was wondering if it would be a good idea for her to just volunteer as a non combatant npc for all 4 shifts or maybe just for her 2 mandatory shifts and do production skills to gain coin from within town as a bit of a merchant if that was possible and allowed. I apologize if I have misread the rules and stuff in any way. But I look forward to hopefully getting to play this coming October!
  12. Earlier
  13. Camp Kingsley Work Day

Hey everyone, September 14th at 9 a.m. is the fall work day for Camp Kingsley. Tasks include cleaning up the site and winterizing the buildings. Food will be provided from the boy scouts. Please RSVP with me via direct message here or private message via Facebook. I will have more information at the dungeon crawl for any other questions. Thank you, John Spencer Operations Second
  14. During an adventure my companion, drinkwater lost his wand. He had accquired the abomination wand whilst we looted the spoils after a Dellin attack. What happened at the site of the battle doesn't matter. What does matter is he is offering a bounty. You should talk to him about exactly how much coin he is offering, if you come across the wand. Be it lost, or stolen he wants it back. Remember, his friends are many. If i find you with the wand on you... Be prepared the return it with me to the proper owner, or suffer the consequences.
  15. Venders/weapon approval?

I was wondering if this vender and their weapons are okay both by looks and combat. Links are to their amazon page and the weapons in question. https://www.amazon.com/Calimacil-Kiefer-Foam-LARP-Mace/dp/B00LEPTQFA/ref=mp_s_a_1_101?m=A2CUHKI817WGIG&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pldnSite=1&qid=1565138630&redirect=true&s=merchant-items&sr=1-101 https://www.amazon.com/Calimacil-Kiefer-Foam-LARP-Mace/dp/B00LEPTQFA/ref=mp_s_a_1_101?m=A2CUHKI817WGIG&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pldnSite=1&qid=1565139052&redirect=true&s=merchant-items&sr=1-101
  16. August Preproduction

Any item that did Command Greater Undead now does Dreadlord
  17. Hello! New to larp

Hi, Sam! Hype yourself and people you know with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We got a library of videos from plots, behind-the-scenes, how-to's and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw We got a new Behind-The-Scenes video from the recent August event coming hopefully by the end of this week so stay tuned! Hope to see you at game soon and thank you for reaching out to us!
  18. Hello! New to larp

I’ll be sure to keep reading the Learn to play Guide and check out the lore. Haha yeah I’ll have to try to jump right in and get into character. Thanks for the info!
  19. Hello! New to larp

Hi Sam! Don't worry about missing an event. We have one most months out of the year. Looks like you have been doing some reading, but I'm going to link some stuff anyway. http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay Learn to play! This is a quick guide of how to play the game. http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf Worldbook! Our game's lore. It's all fun stuff to read. Newbie advice I have is just get into it. Sometimes it's a little awkward to start role playing and you'll want to take it a bit more shyly, but I'll tell you from experience that if you just jump straight in it's a lot more fun. Give it your all and you'll have way more fun.
  20. Hello! My names Sam. I have been thinking about joining a LARP event for a little while now. And it looks like I just missed an event. (That’s alright, I only just came across Novitas today.) I’m hoping to convince a few family/friends to join in as well. I’m still reading all the rules/tips you guys have for newcomers. But I see you guys recommend joining as a NPC to get the feel for the world. Any helpful advice for a complete newbie to LARPing/NPC roles? Thanks!
  21. New Necromancy Tree!

Ah. Yes, forgot silence is 1min now. Still like the cause disease idea tho ;)
  22. August Preproduction

1 of each “new” scroll should be fine. Or we can work it out at logistics btw are magic items of command greater undead grandfathered in?
  23. Here's the ID Magic and Estimate Value lists for August 2019. Please only use these in game/in character if you have the pre-requisite skills to do so. idmagic-Aug-19.pdf estimatevalue-Aug-19.pdf
  24. August Preproduction

How many scrolls need to be exchanged of each? Or do you mean rituals?
  25. CURRENT BUILDING OCCUPANCY & WAITING LIST

You will have access to lean-to 8 for this event and added to the waiting list for lean-to's.
  26. Hello!

Hi, Liska! Hype yourself and people you know with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We got a library of videos from plots, behind-the-scenes, how-to's and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw Hope to see you at game this weekend at game and thank you for reaching out to us!
  27. A new Board is posted outside the Inn

A cloaked figure appears up to the board, his clothes and figure is identical to X'Nor. He takes down any old listings and tosses them away. He then pulls out a pamphlet and with a loud THUNK, hammers it to the board.
  28. CURRENT BUILDING OCCUPANCY & WAITING LIST

I know Laura’s lean to is open this event and I as leader of our group would like to claim it for this weekend. We have 5 of us and a painted shield as our banner for now (the other one is being made currently) however, we would also like to be put in for wanting a lean to in maple wood, I would be the main contact person, as of right now their are 5 of us, 4 of us returning and one new player, we are very aware we need to make sure everything looks good, we even have things to cover our sleeping bags so they look more period appropriate. Our group is the golden path/crimson wolves.
  1. Load more activity