All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. August Preproduction

I need one super crazy elven steel hammer? Martial length I believe. Waiting on confirmation.
  3. August Preproduction

Hello Novitas! Please post here or PM Amy or I with your pre-production needs for the August event. Please submit to pre-produce the following: Crafting You will be receiving your numbers prior to event so if you are creating numbered items, post here or PM Dustan or I. Personalized Incants You have the opportunity to personalize your scroll incants. To do this, post or PM Amy or I during the pre-production window and they will be printed for you. Otherwise, you may produce these at sign-in by writing your incant in on scroll template blanks. (This is not required, but is an option.) Character Retirement As always, if you are retiring a character you need to contact us ahead of time to arrange the retirement process. Seriously, you need to do this. If you know you are retiring at this event, PM Amy or I immediately! Please submit all pre-production requests by SUNDAY, July 28th at 11:59PM. Thank you everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me here or on Facebook.
  4. Last week
  5. August 2019 RP Advancement

RP Skill Advancement is upon us! For those of us who don’t know, RP skills are the 5 skills on the front of the character sheet: Chosen, Medium, Merchant, Status, and Druid. In order to advance in each of them, we (Plot) need to know what you did to merit advancing to the next level in your chosen track. While level 1 in a skill can be requested year-round, levels 2-5 can only be requested at RP Skill Advancement time. Two RP skill tracks can be chosen for any PC, but the secondary one can only go as high as level 2. You can only advance one level at any given time. If you have two RP skills that you want to advance, only send us the one you think has the higher chance of being approved. When we consider the advancement requests, we only consider RP that has occurred at game. Any RP in blogs or between games is not considered (but it’s still awesome for flavor, so keep blogging!). If we end up deciding that you don’t quite have enough to get to the next level, that’s fine! Keep what you wrote, and you can use that, in addition to future RP, to apply again in the winter. They require the following information (please just copy and paste the categories and fill them in): Player Name: PC Name: Current RP Skills (Level): Why advancement or new skill?: Please highlight plot interactions, PC-to-PC interactions, character history, and any other relevant information to help us understand the whys of approval/advancement. These are due August 11th at 11:59 PM. Email them to caitlin.udas.kon@gmail.com, or send them to Caitlin U on the forums.
  6. Earlier
  7. Quick Question about Death

Thank you very much for your answer. I must admit that's impressive. I can appreciate the dedication to the craft. The local games around here-. Let's just say Novitias sounds more like something straight out of the Lord of the Rings while those I've experienced feel more like World of Warcraft. Happy gaming!
  8. A challenger approaches...

Hey Gabby! Glad to see you'll be joining us too! The more the merrier! My name is Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal here. I'm here to help you with your new player experience so if you have any questions or need anything, for sure let me know. I'm sure Nick has already guided you in the right directions, but this wouldn't be a new player post without me peer pressuring people in reading stuff. http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay The Learn to Play section of the Rules Wiki is a great, concise resource to learn how to play the game. http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf The World Book here is where we keep all that sweet, juicy lore. Again, let me know if you need anything and I'll see you in August!
  9. HEWWO...?

Hey Michael! My name is Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal at Kingdoms of Novitas. Welcome! Nick has probably filled you in about a lot of stuff, but I always recommend some reading just to adjust yourself to our system. http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay There is the Learn to Play section of our rules wiki. It's a quick rundown of the rules, but it is also filled with a bunch of links to jump off from should you want to dive farther. The World Book is also fun to read http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf It will help you get into the world of Novitas. Let me know if you have any questions. See you in August!
  10. A challenger approaches...

Hi, Gabby! Hype yourself and people you know with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We got a library of videos from plots, behind-the-scenes, how-to's and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw Hope to see you at game in August and thank you for reaching out to us!
  11. HEWWO...?

Hi, Michael! Hype yourself and people you know with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We got a library of videos from plots, behind-the-scenes, how-to's and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw Hope to see you at game in August and thank you for reaching out to us!
  12. A challenger approaches...

Hey, I'm Gabby! I'm currently enrolled at Binghamton University, and actually have been LARPing there for around a year now, so this is super cool! A bunch of friends and I (you may have already seen Michael's post, haha) are going to be heading up to NPC (and maybe PC a shift) for the August event, courtesy of an alum Nick, who's graciously invited us over. Some interests of mine include reading, writing, and making costumes, among many others haha. I've been to a plethora of Renn Faire's in my time as well, and fantasy has always been an avid interest of mine. Magic is a definite fascination of mine in fantasy settings, too. From what I've seen so far, there are so many interesting things about the system, and the lore looks insanely expansive!!! I can't begin to describe how excited I am to actually come and check it out! So yeah, I look forward to meeting everyone! Ready to both have a blast and make some blasts! See you then!
  13. HEWWO...?

Heya! It's me! So I'm Michael, and I am hoping to NPC some events in early August! Will be coming with a BUNCH of friends over from the Binghamton University LARP (Gabby, Michael, Antonia, Cedar, Liska, and Jack? Not sure who yet), can thank Nick Browne for the invite and such. Have a fair amount of LARPing experience and am looking forward to it! Oh yeah, I'm 21, that's important... have gone to some Ren Faires... was an admin for the Binghamton University LARP for a year... I've been in talks with Nick, he's been filling me and the gang in on what we need; he's a Binghamton University LARP alumni, so that's how we know each other. Idk, looking forward to shenanigans. Expect Chaos!
  14. MVGC_KON_Release_Form.pdf
  15. Quick Question about Death

1. It would be highly unusual for random NPC's to do this - unless you have done something IC to warrant it its an unlikely scenario. You have a much better chance of this happening with PC vs PC interaction - but this is very rare and should be no surprise to your PC that you have made another PC very very angry at you. 2. To directly answer your question- you would lie out in that spot until a- your PC shift ends or game is called (Friday night @ 2 AM ish/Saturday night @ 1 AM ish ) b. Until you don't want to or cant stay out there any more (ie bugs, wet, cold in winter- safety first!). If you can leave something to mark the body location that's great- but most of us dont carry portable corpses with us on shift :) Just remember the general area you were. In either case when you come in report to logistics/the shift GM what has happened and where it occurred. If they have any special instructions they will let you know at that time. Do not tell anyone IC (your dead no IC convos ..) or OOC what happened until its public knowledge - this helps prevent meta gaming.
  16. Hello everyone. Admittedly I'm a little far away to join the LARP but I was reading the rules and became curious. My question concerns the following situation: It's 1am. Your group is ambushed and beset by player brigands or NPCs. You fall in battle immediately. Your friends flee. The antagonists drag away your body and secret it where it can't easily be found. What are your options? Do you lie there dead and await the full eleven hours until the two convergences elapse? What if you are scheduled to NPC in the next shift? Can you leave a physical rep of your corpse? Can you just give up and report to logistics?
  17. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

I agree with Richard. Weapons and shields should be first so people can spend their money on other stuff in the auction if they don't get them.
  18. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

I'd suggest an order that doesn't invite people to hold their $$ for another item that won't necessarily increase the bid. Ideally, the highest-competition items should be a the beginning. My humble suggestions: Weapons and shields first, including the not-so-great-weapon; Then all boots (all boots), then armor, Belts, Necklaces, Then rings, cloaks, The Tassel, the Tome, the bag-o-bones, Then gift certifaleese, Blue Bag, Then the DIY Scrolls of magic item making, Scrolls of Retirement and otherwise, Then ending with Scroll yer Roll.
  19. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

What order would you want these in?
  20. Hello, I'm Morgan

Hi, Morgan! Hype yourself and people you know with our monthly updated YouTube channel! We got a library of videos from plots, behind-the-scenes, etc. and we are soon to release video #39 hopefully this weekend! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCri3OoxKBhpeeTg9rFw9aaw Hope to see you at game soon and thank you for reaching out to us!
  21. Junebilee Production

This is a reminder that while Junebilee is not a normal Novitas event, Logistics will still take your money ($30) and in exchange allow you to have an extra months worth of production and 3xp. You can redeem this production at your next event. NOTE: You MUST preproduce in order to use this production at your next event. If there are any questions regarding this, please pm me either here or the forums, or find me at the event for further explanation.
  22. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

You'll get the chart as a handout at Junebilee.
  23. Hello, I'm Morgan

Hi Morgan! I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal at Kingdoms of Novitas. Glad you'll be joining us! It is acceptable to attend just one day of the event though for your first event I really recommend trying to attend the whole thing. A lot of the new player acclimation happens on Friday night and it's just a little bit harder to do Saturday morning. If you can't do it, that's totally fine and we can work with you, but if you can manage a full weekend, at least for your first one, I would. Glad you're already taking a look at our rules wiki. Gonna link it again for convenience www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay I also recommend the World Book http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf it has all the fun lore bits. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!
  24. Hello, I'm Morgan

Hello! Im a total LARP noob and im hoping to NPC at a future event! Im still working my way through the rules. My schedule probably won't allow me to stay for the whole weekend, however. Is it acceptable to just attend 1 day of the event? Im looking forward to meeting you all!
  25. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

^This
  26. 2019 Junebilee FF Auction Items

Do you have the chart for the craftable epic item costs??? You said there was a chart but I can't seem to find it... Asking for a friend.
  27. Feb Feast Auction 2019 It's not the last minute yet! Behold the items we'll be auctioning off at the Junebilee! If you aren't familiar here's some history and info: These items are subject to change. There's often some hiccups/clarifications that need to get ironed out. ...Without further ado... 1. Silent Strap (Belt) 1/game day one of your spells (using your own power) no incant 2. Grand Masters Tassel (No slot) attaches to a weapon Grants plus one damage (doesn’t break cap) Grants one masters strike once per game day 3. Ambrosia (Armor): 4 armor base Casts Sanctuary 2/gd Casts Resilience 2/gd Casts Panacea 2/gd 4. Scroll of 64 pt item Yay here’s a chart! 5. Scroll of 32 pt item Yay here’s a chart! 6. Scroll of Full retirement 100%, not 50% 7. Scroll of Un-retirement (Not for dead PCs) 8. Blue Bag 9. Scroll *item of bones* of Bones (Item to be determined) Casts every Necromancy spell once per gameday 10. Crustacean Evacuation Station (Necklace) Item of Greater Leylines: you and (Party Cap) who are touching you can boop back to OUR set point. Not yours: Probably the Inn 11. The Knight's Seal Necklace (Necklace) cast Syncronize once per game day Wear under the effects of the Battle Mastery spell 12. Gorgonash’s Tome (Accessory) Tome of all battle magic Spells cast from this cost 1 less, minimum 1 Does not stack with a masters staff No hand requirements for battle spells Can throw 2 spackets at a time Works like spellburst 13. Lost Sword of Vargainen (Sword) Immune to poison Immune to disease Can understand Immortal Can hit for Primal Gain an additional lore each month 14. Blade of the Baalor (Swords OR great weapon) Great Weapon or two identical marshal weapons Can switch back and forth at sign in if you want to Doesn’t need the skills to use. 2x per game day can hit for 6 slay Upon dying, you get the 4 slay death tag bag. Have 1 min to get off. Casts 2 spells per game day Can cast one Aegis & one Enchantment. 15. Shield of Betrayal (This is a scroll prop, Get your own Shield) Can cast Perfect Deceit as an incant 1x per game day Bearer Immune to truth effects Counts as a master staff of Compulsion 16. Vlean’s Necklace: (Sept star Necklace) Does 1 thing for each part of the Sept Craftsman Grants 8 shareable craftpoints. Doesn’t break Cap Stranger no incant Reap Spirit 1x per game day Elemental Does two things, one at a time During the Day: Bug Repellant At Night: Garlic Paste Scholar Everything can understand your spoken words Mother Casts Triage 1xgd Knight Once per game day, the bearer can say an incant and everyone touching them with hand or weapon gains Anti-Magic Shield Soldier Once per game day, the bearer can say an incant and everyone touching them with hand or weapon gains Toughness and Strength 17. Ouroboros ring (Ring, will order to size) lets you sacrifice a pt of body for the game day. In return you get +4 power for the gameday. Breaks cap. Can be done 4x per day 18. Boots of the better brackish boon (Gift Cert - Boots) $250 Gift Certificate for Boots Wearer is affected by Brackish Boon Wearer is never immune to the Restoration school. The person wearing the boots can be revived by being fed one 5th level Poison 1x per game day. 1x per game day can cast the spell Brackish Boon 19. Gift certificate for $250 Garb (Gift Cert - Slot to be determined by garb) 52 point item 20. Not so great weapon (Gift Certificate - Non-Great Weapon) Gift certificate for $250 Weapon (not great) The player works with rules to create a 40pt item and one additional ability. Ability not listed on new Epic craft table One example could be immune to lycanthropy 21. Scales of the dragon (Cloak) cloak that gives you +4 natural armor Can speak Draconic. 22. Scroll your Roll (Slotless) Roll your scroll up in this piece of leather This item will cast that spell 1/gd without consuming the scroll This item can only cast one spell per game day
  28. Ye

I didn't answer sleeping situation. We have bunk beds in cabins as well as lot's of lean-tos with bunk beds, completely in a cabin or out in the environment a little more in a lean-to is up to you.
  1. Load more activity