Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: Sign Making Tips / Rules? - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sign Making Tips / Rules? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NarenZade 

• Chris / Raines
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:KoN.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm using my character amnesty and I wanted to take the skill Tradesman. I bought some materials for a sign, but I haven't figured out exactly what I want it to look like.

Anyone have any tips or pointers? If you could just explain what your sign looks like that would be great too.

Thanks!
~ Raines Scarcella ~ Master Illusionist ~ Master of Games ~ Marauding Knight of Splendor ~ Pinedale Playboy ~ Warden
~ Aiden ~
~ Samuru Saitoh ~ Kizuko no Kuroi Mizu no Shiro ~ Clan Miyuki ~ Retired

#2 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Games, IT, my wife, your mom...

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I don't think that I have a picture of Adimo's old sign, but it was just a simple board painted green with gold letters proclaiming that he was a Maester Alchemist and a tutor of Magical Arts, and a little hanging thing below it that I could flip around to say if I was "IN" or "OUT" in three languages.

I have one for Ivan too, but I keep forgetting to hang it up in-game. :( It's just childish black letters on leather (Ivan's barely literate) proclaiming that he's able to find you stuff upon hire, and available for hire as a mercenary/bodyguard/guardsman.

Both signs are around 1' x 2'.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#3 User is offline   MKW 

• Umpa Lumpa
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Far too many to list.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

We have a few tradesman in our group and all our signs are different. Ox has a felt banner with a leather anvil on it (for the non-literate) and a chalkboard Emporium sign listing his services. Ambrose has a buckler with "Trapcracker" painted on the front and hung on the porch. I have a metal sun thing that I found at X-Mas treeshop (I think it was supposed to be lawn graffiti). It had a glass face in it that I took out and replaced with a cutout with Maeve's Gift Shoppe painted on. Really, I think that as long as it gets across that you have some trade and what that trade is and it isn't done with markers on poster board or something like that, you're good. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. Hope that helps!
"Perhaps in the soul, as in the soil, those growths that show the brightest colours and put forth the most overpowering smell have not always the deepest root." - Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis.

#4 User is offline   NarenZade 

• Chris / Raines
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:KoN.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the responses. Time for some sign making.
~ Raines Scarcella ~ Master Illusionist ~ Master of Games ~ Marauding Knight of Splendor ~ Pinedale Playboy ~ Warden
~ Aiden ~
~ Samuru Saitoh ~ Kizuko no Kuroi Mizu no Shiro ~ Clan Miyuki ~ Retired

#5 User is offline   Neccero Wildstorm 

• neccero wildstorm deceased
  • PipPip
  • Interests:anything to do with the outdoors

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

ya i have finally gotten around to making my sign (just to lazy) but its almost done. its a temporary thing until i can get the money together to get something more nice looking. (it may become permenant though)
don't ever drink and drive... pull over first it will cause less accidents.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users