Preparation for next year at Clash of Kings
Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:37 PM
*Maps of site
*Something for receipts. We had requests but just put it on scrap paper.
*Printed list of people who are pre-reged. If it is a cabin having a list as well would help (we could bring a laptop if we don't want to print it.
*If there are special requests for where people are sleeping or whatever a list would be great.
*Schedule people for weapons check, setting up and running battles, troll and auction.
*Offer breakfast in the morning even if its doughnuts and coffee. It will help to keep people on site.
*Correct schedule for the event.
If anyone can think of anything else to help the event run smoother input some ideas.
Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:58 PM
* Continue to offer an appetizer before dinner because it took a while to get food to everyone. I'm not sure what the feedback was on the spinach artichoke dip in particular.
* Allow pre-reg for group seating at dinner. Mark tables with units/chapters, etc. and make a chart. Then we help others find seating at any unassigned seat. We fill open seats at tables with Legion members.
* Assign servers to certain tables, then switch halfway through so we can eat. This should help to avoid the confusion over who had been served firsts, seconds, etc.
Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:25 PM
1. Weapons check (duh)
2. Armor check (duh)
3. Head Herald / Assistant Heralds (design scenarios and run them, keep shit moving)
4. Troll (including cabin assignments and table assignments)
5. Head Grunt / Peons (set up tents & canopies, ground guides/campsite assignments, heaters, parking, torches, firewood, tear down [this is clearly the shit job and gets all my wubs])
6. Night Life / Winterfell University / entertainment (need more options to attempt to offer something to everyone)
7. Dayboard (duh)
8. Feast & Servers (duh)
9. Medics / Security (need a sober person hanging around)
10. Raffle (run dat bitch)
What am I forgetting?
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi