Page 1 of 1

Hello Intro

#1 User is offline   nickmiller24@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:All things science

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has peaked my interest with this so here I am. I have no background or prior experience with any of this and I apologize if I end up using terminology the offends. I am still reading through the rule book but I hope to have a better understanding of it all before the next event. This seems like something that I would greatly enjoy. I look forward to meeting everyone.

P.S. I apologize for the lack of content with this intro post. I am not quite sure what information needs to get put in here.

#2 User is offline   Maggie / Baevynn 

• Secret Buzzerfree
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Wearing fancy things and spending an obscene amount of time on the internet.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hello, Nick. My name is Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach second marshal. Welcome! No worries, we were all new at this at some point. Reading the rules is definitely a good place to start. I also recommend reading the Worldbook which will give you an idea of the world we play in. You can find that here http://kingdomsofnov...les-and-errata/

If you have any questions about anything please let me know. Hope to see you at the next event!
"Even the most primitive of societies have an innate respect for the insane." - Rumble Fish by SE Hinton
"I may die young, but at least I'll die smart." - Alaska Young

Baevynn Eilis Scarcella (née Tierney) - "Pinedale's little sister."
Andromeda - "What rich people did with their money before Hummers."
Agrona of the Blue Hand - "Agrona is an Avatar. She is the mortal representation of the Goddess Gof**kyourself."

Marketing and Player Outreach Second Send me a message! I only bite upon request.
Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm a bot...

#3 User is offline   LadyKate 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Rejoicing in life! Reading, writing, sewing, cosplay, English Country Dancing, time with friends, and my faith in Christ- which roots my joy unshakably!

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Welcome Nick!

I'm Kate and started larping with KoN in August of last year, having never LARPed before or done anything like this. I have had a great experience with the friendly people in this community; I feel quite adopted!

I second Maggie's recommendation to review the rules and world book- then maybe check out the blogs! I find the blogs a fun way to stay hyped between events.

Making a PC (mine is a human named Ellenor), really adds to the experience of attending events. NPCing is fun and is like being backstage in theater, changing garb, going out as a minor character with a mission or quest for the players (or being a monster or creature or just adding local color) and then coming back to the logistics building and changing garb again and going out as something else! PCing is a more immersive experience in plots and you build relationships with other characters over time as you improv act your way through scenes and encounters; it's so cool. I love it.

If you have any questions, just let us know! I have high enthusiasm and am a fair reference guide, but I will defer to Maggie for questions that require actual knowledge and experience. :)
PC: Ellenor Vold
-Member of the Running Rhinos-

You have no control: Who lives. Who dies. Who tells your story.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

*Marketing and Player Outreach Handmaiden* Please feel free to message me! I'm at your service.
*Blog Mistress* Keeper of your stories.

#4 User is offline   Warblade 

• Marketing and Player Outreach Minion
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Stuff and Things

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

Good to see you join the forums, the community here is pretty open and like a giant family, so no worries. A lot of people are trying LARPing for the first time and just getting involved with this type of interest. The marketing and player outreach team is here for you and are ready to answer questions as well as give guidance if need be.

They've been amazing to me when I first joined up, gave me guidance and as I came to more events, I built up friendships and linked up with more experienced players. It's a small learning curve, but the community and the friends you make help to make it a great time. The important thing is you introduced yourself and now we know if you have any questions to be ready to help out as well as provide good references to help you enjoy the game better.

The best part of the game is that you choose what you want to be. So if you want to be a warrior, you can, if you want to be a rogue and steal from others, or stab people from behind, you can. This games only real limitation is your imagination.

~Voice of the mountain
Marketing and Player Outreach Minion

#5 User is offline   Warblade 

• Marketing and Player Outreach Minion
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Stuff and Things

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

What I am trying to say is that we are all nerds who enjoy fantasy, either D&D,swinging swords at each other, watching LOTR and GOT over and over again. We are happy you joined and look forward tohelping you get on your way to enjoying the game and community.
Marketing and Player Outreach Minion

#6 User is offline   Lady Vinyl 

• Tits (of Tits and Ass) aka Quentin Tarantino of the Blogs
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:LARP, music, table top RPG, prop designing (please note, I am not necessarily good at any of these, I just enjoy them)

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

Also, you can take your time with developing your PC (player character). Mine only came into game after I had been playing for six months. I was an NPC (non-player character) for full event for my first six months. I wanted to have a true understanding of the world as well as have an older more veteran type of player character. (she's the owner of an entertainment troupe that travels all over Novitas.) With just NPCing, I was able to understand how the other folks interacted in the world AND built up experience points and levels before I brought my character in. So, there are many different ways to do this and to play this game. Let your imagination run wild!!!
Sabine, co-owner of The Bless the Mask Players.

#7 User is offline   nickmiller24@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • Interests:All things science

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Hahahah, I love the fact that you have embraced your new title as "Voice of the Mountain"!!

View PostWarblade, on 08 September 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Good to see you join the forums, the community here is pretty open and like a giant family, so no worries. A lot of people are trying LARPing for the first time and just getting involved with this type of interest. The marketing and player outreach team is here for you and are ready to answer questions as well as give guidance if need be.

They've been amazing to me when I first joined up, gave me guidance and as I came to more events, I built up friendships and linked up with more experienced players. It's a small learning curve, but the community and the friends you make help to make it a great time. The important thing is you introduced yourself and now we know if you have any questions to be ready to help out as well as provide good references to help you enjoy the game better.

The best part of the game is that you choose what you want to be. So if you want to be a warrior, you can, if you want to be a rogue and steal from others, or stab people from behind, you can. This games only real limitation is your imagination.

~Voice of the mountain

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users