Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: The Challenges of Corruption - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Challenges of Corruption Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Games, IT, my wife, your mom...

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

The Cairnhold Legion’s Challenges of Corruption

To become a Knight of Cairnhold, a Legionnaire must complete seven challenges. Each of the challenges is named after one of the seven mortal sins. The challenges do not need to be completed in order. When a member wishes to attempt a challenge they must contact the Council of Primarchs and let them know of the attempt. The Council of Primarchs will make sure the challenge meets the spirit of the task and inform the member how to document the task. When the member has completed the challenge they should bring documentation to the council, and the council will vote on their success.

The following are the sole perquisites of a Knight of Cairnhold, so that all might wish to emulate their accomplishments:

• They are entitled to be addressed as "Ser", and their consorts will be addressed as "Lady". Female Knights may choose to be addressed as "Dame".
  • They are entitled to display their personal heraldry on a banner, flag, or pennon in the Legion's camp and at court or feast events.
  • They may form a household within the Legion, and take squires (members working towards their own knighthood) and men-at-arms (retainers loyal to their house).
  • Knights of Cairnhold may prescribe whatever customs, rules and regulations they deem fit for their household.

The following sartorial doctrine is established as canon for the Knights of the Cairnhold Legion, and their Squires, so that all might recognize their splendor:
  • Knights and their consorts may wear a circlet (note that this is not a coronet or crown) set with stones, engraved, or otherwise embellished.
  • Knights will wear a chain, woven of links d'or. Such chains may support a pendant, of such configuration as to be pleasing to the Knight.
  • Knights will wear a crimson belt, with mounts, tip, and buckle.
  • Squires will wear a chain, woven of links d'argent. Such chains will be unadorned, unless a pendant is awarded by the Squire's Knight.
  • Squires will wear a crimson belt, unadorned save for buckle and tip.

Accordingly, all items mentioned herein are reserved for the use of the chivalry.

Participation in a Knight's household is voluntary, and a Legionnaire may leave a Knight's household at any time, and for any reason, with no formal repercussions in the unit. Likewise, a Knight may remove a member of his household at any time, and for any reason, but this does not remove the member from the Legion as a whole.

PRIDE:

To complete the challenge of Pride, the member must perform a selfless act that benefits The Cairnhold Legion, Dagorhir or the community. This could include many things from building weapons for new people to use, assisting in the logistics of running events, running events, helping new folks with garb, and so on. The member is also allowed to contribute by helping the community. They could help at a shelter, clean up parks (perhaps even parks Dagorhir uses), and so on. Donating money to the group or to a charity does not count towards this order.

WRATH:

To complete the challenge of Wrath, the member must prove their ability to lead the unit in battle. The spirit of this challenge is a serious effort to lead the unit to the best of the person’s ability, and so winning the battles is not required. Completing the challenge may take several battles fought over a period of time based on how the person is progressing. The member is expected to demonstrate the ability to speak publicly and to deliver orders while under pressure. They must demonstrate the ability to develop a plan before battle, organize that plan, and adapt the plan as needed. The member must also demonstrate the ability to organize the unit both on and off the field. It is acceptable for this Challenge to be completed meritoriously, by unanimous acclaim of all Legionnaires on the field during a battle or immediately afterward.

GREED:

To complete the challenge of Greed the member must bring a new member to the ranks of The Cairnhold Legion. The new member must join at the rank of at least Zombie, and stay until they achieve the rank of Skeleton or for three months of regular attendance, whichever is longer. If the new member quits before reaching the rank of Skeleton or before three months passes, the recruiting member is not awarded this order. The spirit of this challenge is getting new, quality, long term members to join the group.

GLUTTONY:

To complete the challenge of Gluttony the member must do three things. First, they must fight in a tourney. The tourney must include at least ten people; at least five of the people must be within a reasonable number of years compared to the member, and must include at least three people who are not members of The Cairnhold Legion. It is not required that the member win the tournament. Second, the member must serve as a Herald during a fight (the head herald at the event must approve the person to herald, and the fight must require a herald). Third, the person must act as a weapons checker (assistant or lead) during an event.

ENVY:

To complete the challenge of Envy, the member must travel to two separate chapters (not units) of Dagorhir outside of New York. When they travel to the chapter they are required to fight. It is not required that the member completes this task in one trip; they may move on to another task and return to this one at any time. Ragnarok does not count towards the completion of the Challenge of Envy.

LUST:

To complete the challenge of Lust, the member must actively assist in an official, advertised demo in the name of Dagorhir. Simply showing up and fighting does not count; the spirit of this challenge is an honest effort to add to the quality of a demo through direct assistance or by providing a tangible addition. Organizing and running a demo is the best example of how to achieve this order.

SLOTH:

To complete the challenge of Sloth, the member must attend and fight at Ragnarok. The spirit of this challenge is that the member should fight in as many battles as possible. If the member fought at Ragnarok prior to joining The Cairnhold Legion they must attend again as a member of the Legion.

(Thanks to Sir Magnus of Narnia for allowing us to shamelessly steal the Challenges of Narnia.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#2 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

Anyone who traveled to NYC with us, and also went to Badon Hill this weekend, has now completed their challenge of Envy. I'm hoping to complete Gluttony at CoK.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#3 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Memory.... fading...

I can't remember everyone who went to NYC with us, nor do I know who went to Philly. Please let me know if you did either or both. Those two trips, plus Badon, all count towards Envy.

Also, did anyone herald at CoK? That's part of Gluttony.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#4 User is offline   Vicious the Jester 

• Armour Snob
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:swords, computers, guns, role-playing games (LARP, tabletop, computer, etc), movies...

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Myself, Gareth and Arrow were the only heralds at Clash of Kings...

There was a tournament as well though...

Nergi of the Windfall Ram Horn Tribe
(formerly Giovanni VillaTerra)

#5 User is offline   DEAD SEXY 

• JORDAN THE ONE THE ONLY
  • PipPip
  • Interests:LARP
    strategy games!!!
    Politics
    Organizing

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

Jordan, Dan, Randy, and AJ went to philly
-Everything happens for a reason-

#6 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Progress thus far:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#7 User is offline   Gravedigger 

• Gravedigger
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

I won the assassins tourney if that counts as an achievement.
Mordekai- Gravdigr of Pinedale. U kill'm I will bury 'm. Pleaz mak sur its deadun first. I charg xtra to bury da livin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

Did you get a prize of any sort?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#9 User is offline   Janos Elziver 

• Operations Second
  • PipPip
  • Interests:LARP, Running, M.T.G., Paintball, Watching movies, Hiking, Camping and well things i can not say in front of the children.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

I have the best achievement. I can die happy now that I know I can out drink drunks.

#10 User is offline   Gravedigger 

• Gravedigger
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

I have the bronze chain mail necklace for winning the competition.
Mordekai- Gravdigr of Pinedale. U kill'm I will bury 'm. Pleaz mak sur its deadun first. I charg xtra to bury da livin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

Will, I will add it to my list then. I had forgotten all about that.

All that list really does is show me who I should be harassing the most to look good and show up. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#12 User is offline   Vicious the Jester 

• Armour Snob
  • PipPip
  • Interests:swords, computers, guns, role-playing games (LARP, tabletop, computer, etc), movies...

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Actually that chain is copper...

Nergi of the Windfall Ram Horn Tribe
(formerly Giovanni VillaTerra)

#13 User is offline   Gravedigger 

• Gravedigger
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

True. My bad. Copper :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Eppe00863 

• Stan the Bard
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Interests:--

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

I participated in the FC 6 tournament in archery, although I got farther in the spear competition at CoK 1...either way, I'll keep entering, I'd much rather get closer to Gluttony by getting past the second round, if not winning. :P
Never look back - live without fear, for fear is the mindkiller!

#15 User is offline   Kender 

• Munchking
  • PipPip
  • Interests:= Principals
    * Rates
    * Times

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

I think this past Winterfell event completes my Gluttony.

om nom nom.

Heralded and assisted weapons check.

#16 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

I will update tonight!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#17 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

This is my official notice to the council that I am claiming Tony (Wargrasa) as my Greed challenge.

I also intend to Herald at Rag to complete my Gluttony challenge.

Finally, everyone going to Rag will complete their Sloth challenge (although I'm tempted to just award it to people who attend the whole week, I will not this year - but the Council will take it under advisement for next year).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#18 User is offline   Mortanius Von-Crixis 

• PipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

I have finished Gluttony woot woot :(

#19 User is offline   Brett(Slack-king) 

• magic everywhere in this bitch
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Creating. Destroying.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Wishfulcynic 

• PipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

lol, that sloth even looks like Brett. must be the haircut....
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

-Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.

Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users