• You cannot reply to this topic

Legion Rank Structure Rank requirements, loadouts, etc. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Games, IT, my wife, your mom...

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

The Cairnhold Legion has a rank structure that recognizes leadership by example, attendance, and appearance. It is structured simply so as to be easily understood, with clear requirements at each rank.

Promotions to Skeleton rank can happen at any time, as it is expected that most members will be at this rank. Promotions to Ghoul and above will only happen at multi-realm camping events, such as Badon Hill, Clash of Kings, or Ragnarok.

The following supersedes all previous versions effective 5/22/16.

Non-Combatant: Succubus
Cairnhold Legion Succubi play a vital role in the planning, preparation and execution of events we host, and multi-day camping events we attend.

Succubi are female non-combatants that fulfill the following criteria:
1. Has expressed a desire for a position within the Legion.
2. Attended at least one camping event, and contributed to the planning, preparation, and execution of the event.
3. Veteran level garb, including separate feast garb and feast gear. Succubi are encouraged to choose garb that suggest an undead persona.
4. Succubi exist outside the normal Legion rank structure, and are placed here in this list for convenience only.
5. Succubi who have a consort that is a Primarch or Dead Centurion are entitled to add his trim to their belt flag. Succubi who have a consort that is a Knight of the Legion are entitled to add his personal trim to their belt flag, and be addressed as Lady.

Succubi are given a lightweight leather undead mask, which is to be worn during parties and feasting at all events, and anytime you are outside the Legion's campsite at overnight events. They are also provided with a white Legion Succubus Belt Flag, which has a black Iron Cross patch bordered in pink on it. Succubi are entitled to add one silver chevron to their belt flag for every Ragnarok they have attended. Once they reach a fifth chevron, they will replace the first four with a single gold chevron, representing five years service, then continue to add silver chevrons until they reach another five years, and so forth. These chevrons denote seniority within the coven of the Succubi, not combat rank.

It is important for all Legion members to remember that, while the Succubi are non-combatants, they often play a role within the unit off the field on par with that of a Wight or Dead Centurion, and should be treated and addressed with the appropriate respect at all times.

Rank Zero: The Living
The Living are people who have expressed a desire to join the Legion and are fighting with us on a provisional basis. They wear no unit heraldry.

Rank One: Zombie
The defining characteristic of a Cairnhold Legion Zombie is his participation.

Zombies are members who have fulfilled the following criteria:
1. Attended a battle event with the Legion.
2. Procured complete, primarily black, garb, as stipulated in the Dagorhir Manual of Arms.
Zombies wear makeup to look undead, and are given a plain, unadorned black belt flag, and a simple black tabard with an iron cross patch to denote their status within the unit. These items are organizational equipment, and will be returned if the member leaves the Legion (tabard and belt flag), or when they are promoted to Skeleton (tabard only).

Rank One (alternate): Traitor
A Cairnhold Legion Traitor has no defining characteristics.

Traitors are members who have fulfilled the following criteria:
1. Attended a battle event with the Legion.
2. Procured complete, primarily black, garb, as stipulated in the Dagorhir Manual of Arms.
Traitors wear makeup to look undead, and are given a plain, unadorned black belt flag, and a simple black tabard with an iron cross patch to denote their status within the unit. These items are organizational equipment, and will be returned if the member leaves the Legion (tabard and belt flag), or when they are promoted to Skeleton (tabard only).
3. Traitor is a rank for people who left another Dagorhir unit to join the Cairnhold Legion. They will remain at Traitor rank for six months before being allowed to advance to Skeleton rank. This does not mean that they should not begin fulfilling the requirements for Skeleton rank (or higher), but that they will be given no rank beyond Traitor until their six month probationary period is over. Time spent as a Traitor does not count towards any other rank's time in service requirements.

Rank Two: Skeleton
The defining characteristic of a Cairnhold Legion Skeleton is his appearance.

Skeletons are Zombies that fulfill the following criteria:
1. Veteran level garb, including separate feast garb and feast gear.
2. Procured their own Legion tabard or surcoat and returned their Zombie tabard.
3. Provide their own weapons, armor, and equipment loadout as appropriate for their primary assigned role.
Skeletons are given a leather Skeleton mask, which is to be worn during fighting and feasting at all events, and anytime you are outside the Legion's campsite at overnight events. They are also provided with a Legion Belt Flag, which has a simple Iron Cross patch on it.

Rank Three: Ghoul
The defining characteristic of a Cairnhold Legion Ghoul is his loyalty.

Ghouls are Skeletons that fulfill the following criteria:
1. Has attended a multi-chapter camping event (other than local Legion or Winterfell sponsored events) as a member of the Legion.
2. Has been a member of the Legion for one year, regularly attending practices and scheduled events.
Ghouls are given a second patch to add to their Legion Belt Flag. Ghouls that wish to further advance in rank should begin the Challenges of Corruption.

Rank Four: Wight
The defining characteristic of a Cairnhold Legion Wight is his prowess.

Wights are Ghouls that fulfill the following criteria:
1. Has completed at least two of the three Challenges of Gluttony, Envy or Sloth.
2. Is recognized as a competent fighter, able to defend himself, launch competent attacks against foes, and generally not be easy meat in any situation. This will require a test, which may be administered at any camping event we attend as a unit upon request to a Primarch. Any Ghoul may test for Wight rank.
3. Has been a member of the Legion for two years, regularly attending practices and scheduled events.
Wights are given a third patch to add to their Legion Belt Flag.

Rank Five: Dead Centurion
The defining characteristic of a Cairnhold Legion Dead Centurion is his leadership, whether active leadership or leadership by example.

Dead Centurions are Wights that fulfill the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated leadership within the unit, both on the field of battle and off, as decided upon by the Primarchs. A Dead Centurion not only can lead the unit in battle, but can run practices, organize battles, plan travel to other chapters, motivate lower-ranking members, and do it all while looking better than anyone else.
2. Has completed the Challenge of Wrath.

Dead Centurions will add silver cord trim to their Legion belt flag. They may also be given further accouterments of rank by the Primarchs. These may be amulets, belt buckles, pins, badges, knives, or other such items as the Primarchs deem fit to award.

Rank Six: Primarch
The defining characteristic of the Primarchs of the Cairnhold Legion is his dedication.

Dead Centurions that exhibit exceptional dedication to the unit may be raised to Primarch by a unanimous vote of the existing Primarchs. Primarchs have the following responsibilities:
1. Plan the Legion's event schedule.
2. Provide for the Legion's encampment at camping events.
3. Assist the Regent of Winterfell, and officers of other chapters we are a part of or administer, as requested.
4. Plan and execute A Clash of Kings, the annual Winterfell campout event in October.
5. Provide transportation as needed to battle events.
6. Everything else that needs doing.

Primarchs will add gold cord trim to their Legion belt flag. Alternately, Primarchs are entitled to add a personal trim of their choice to their belt flag at their discretion. Primarchs are further entitled to display their personal heraldry on a flag or banner within the Legion encampment, and at court or feast events.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#2 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

For current members: if you have a mask, you are grandfathered in as a Skeleton. However, you will need to fully fulfill the Skeleton requirements before advancing to Ghoul. If you feel you have already fulfilled those, talk to me.

Dan and I remain as Primarchs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#3 User is offline   Richard 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Helper Monkey of Novitas

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Awesome! Very easy to understand, very clear.

#4 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

I wasn't sure if we'd posted it before, actually, and the original one was outdated and needed updating. So, thar 'tis.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#5 User is offline   DEAD SEXY 

• JORDAN THE ONE THE ONLY
  • PipPip
  • Interests:LARP
    strategy games!!!
    Politics
    Organizing

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

This is great! Thanks for all of you work Dave.
-Everything happens for a reason-

#6 User is offline   Wargrasa 

• PipPip
  • Interests:LARP (Combat and non-combat)
    Table top gaming.
    Music.
    Video games.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

Thank you! I need some feast garb and to start making sure I attend all the events again. Then I can move up to ghoul
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

Part of the requirement for skeleton rank is that you have your own weapons and armor. This post is to clarify what that entails, depending on your chosen combat role. These are not negotiable. You will acquire this gear and learn to use it.

Shield Wall:
++ Blue weapon between 32" and 42" long with stab tip. May substitute a flail with permission of the Primarchs.
++ Shield, majority black, with iron cross. Doesn't have to be the patch, paint or applique is fine. Needs to be big enough to cover you from knee to shoulder.
++ Helmet. An armor-grade mask alone is not sufficient.
++ Armor on sword arm (no metal elbows) and shoulders. Greaves are required if your shield does not cover your lower legs.

Spears/Reds:
++ Spear, minimum 8' long. May substitute red weapon with permission of the Primarchs.
++ Passive buckler or back shield, majority black, with iron cross. No size restriction.
++ Backup weapon. Green dagger, blue weapon with stab tip, or flail. Need to have a way to carry weapon.
++ Torso armor highly recommended, but not required.

Archers
++ Legal bow in good repair. Extra string recommended but not required.
++ Six legal arrows
++ Quiver
++ Passive buckler or back shield, majority black, with iron cross. No size restriction.
++ Backup weapon highly recommended, but not required. Green dagger, blue weapon with stab tip, or flail. Need to have a way to carry weapon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#8 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

As always, I am 100% available to any Legion member who needs help with this stuff. Willing to help as much or as little as you need. Richard wants a little help, so I glue on stab tips. Scotty wants a lot of help, we spend a week making him armor.

Whatever you need, just ask.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#9 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

I am ready to start providing Skeletons with rank belts and flags, provided they have fulfilled the requirements for that rank. The only people I can think of that are close would be:

Jordan (pending separate field and feast garb, and a reliable backup weapon)
Brett (pending starting to wear his helmet and greaves, and a surcoat or tabard)
Scotty (pending separate field and feast garb, and a surcoat or tabard)
Tammy (pending feast gear and complete archer loadout)
Richard (pending armor and helmet, and separate field and feast gear)
Jimmy (pending own spear and cross on shield)

Be aware that the camp chores roster at campouts will be getting filled in from the bottom ranks up, so higher-ranking Legionnaires have a chance of escaping camp chores duties entirely.

It'd be nice if you all could get this shit done by Rag, because if you do most of you veteran members are qualified to move to Ghoul immediately. If you don't, you're waiting until Badon for your Ghoul patch. A number of you could then request your Wight test right there at Rag this year, and probably gain your third patch right there too. I would guess from the number of Legionnaires we should have in the camp at Rag that a Wight isn't doing any chores all week.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#10 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

Oh, and, for the record, you're not just fighting our Primarchs for your Wight test. We will recruit a number of notable fighters from around Dagorhir to assist us in testing your prowess for this test. Expect to fight people like Knights of Narnia, Blackhawk of the Apollyons, Klaus of Selinor, Horatius and Alistair of Rome, Warthog or Vox of Gestiguise, Askarus of Sparta, members of the Militia, War Machine, Rogue Company, Free Cities, The Guard, Black Company, Wolfpack, ABF/EBF, Army of Mordor, and any other notables I can shake free. I know a lot of people in Dag now, and I can shake the tree pretty hard to get the best fruits.

It'll be a good time. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#11 User is offline   Octavius 

• Marketing & Player Outreach Marshal
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

Will you be testing with multiple weapons? or the Legionnaires preferred weapon selection? For the Wight test that is.

And will the matchups be against the same selection? or will they also vary.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Operations Second Marshal
Combat and Safety Ref

#12 User is offline   Kender 

• Munchking
  • PipPip
  • Interests:= Principals
    * Rates
    * Times

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostOctavius, on 14 April 2011 - 06:32 PM, said:

Will you be testing with multiple weapons? or the Legionnaires preferred weapon selection? For the Wight test that is.

And will the matchups be against the same selection? or will they also vary.

We're probably not gonna make one of our shield line fight with a red for the challenge.

We don't need super-awesome do-anythings, we need people who can do their job.

#13 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

You'll be fighting with anything you're on the roster as being capable with. I'm not gonna make Scotty test with a spear, or Tammy with a tower shield, or Brett with a bow. Someone like Jordan, though, is gonna be tested on spear and sword-and-board. You'll be fighting a variety of opponents, we're not going to necessarily match them up. Everyone should expect to fight shields, spears, dual-wielders and reds. You might even have to fight me with a bow.

As of right now, there are only five people on the roster filling multiple positions, and one of them is me (shield wall, archer, polearm). The others are:

Jimmy (spearman, shield wall, harrier)
Jordan (spearman, shield wall, harrier)
Will (shield wall, polearm, spearman)
8' Mike (archer, spearman)

If I'm missing someone, sing out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#14 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

According to my records, Brett, Jordan and Jimmy have completed both Envy and Sloth, which would qualify them to request their Wight Trial at Ragnarok if they can get past Skeleton rank. For the rest of you who should be Ghouls, there's no reason you couldn't complete the Tournament and Herald portion of Gluttony at Ragnarok, and I'd say you've completed Sloth by Thursday, so you could test for Wight on Friday or Saturday at Rag too, provided you've served as a weapons checker at an event prior to Ragnarok. The units running weapons check this year have stated that they will not accept outside help, so you won't be able to finish Gluttony at Rag.

Many of you could complete Envy by going to the Iron Hills Day Battle in May, specifically all of you that went to Badon Hill last year. The only other chance this year (besides Badon Hill) will be Aratari's Althyng in July - after Rag. If you have Envy and Sloth that's enough to test for Wight too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#15 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

Please let me know when you are planning to attain Skeleton rank. The belt rank flags are all made, but I need some warning to get a mask and belt ready. A couple days before an event is enough, but a week would be great, thanks.

Also, I have a whole side of black latigo here to start cutting skeleton belts from. I am going to cut them all at 1" width and put on a plain brass buckle with snaps, so you can remove it and put your own buckle on. Feel free to troll eBay for a cool iron cross buckle (there's a ton). For reference, the ones we started off giving out were these:

http://straitcity.co...$:%5ERDBK$.html

Posted Image

but I don't give a shit what buckle you wear as long as it's got an iron/maltese cross on it. I wear this one:

Posted Image

If you need a belt wider than 1" let me know. I'll cut them up to 2" by request.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#16 User is offline   DEAD SEXY 

• JORDAN THE ONE THE ONLY
  • PipPip
    strategy games!!!
    Politics
    Organizing

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

I have separate feast garb and feast gear, I have the dagger for my backup.
-Everything happens for a reason-

#17 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

I thought you might by now. Congrats on completing the requirements for full Skeleton rank. I have a belt and flag for you - you already have a mask.

You should be promoted to Ghoul on Monday at Rag, and can test for Wight after that if you're ready.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#18 User is offline   Octavius 

• Marketing & Player Outreach Marshal
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:30 PM

I need to work something out for non metal elbows for arm armor. Are you willing to help me out with this one Dave?

I have my roman helmet but it doesn't fit with the mask. I'll see what I can do about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Operations Second Marshal
Combat and Safety Ref

#19 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

You come over one day and we'll make some leather manica. If your roman helmet is otherwise comfortable, bring that too and we'll make a faceplate for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

#20 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Added Traitor rank.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-- Mahatma Gandhi

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users