Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: Chronicles of Elyria - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chronicles of Elyria PC-Nerd Kickstarter MMO Goodness Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dren Ollevres 

• All up in yer' field, killin' yer dragonz.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Capturing the world in the ever-so-swift motions of a quill on parchment...

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

I forgot I backed this kickstarter game about a year ago.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/

It's a kingdom/feudal MMO with skill-based crafting, aging, quasi-permadeath, and a crazy community that is willing to spend 15 thousand dollars to be the rank of King in a fake world.

Anyway, they cranked up the prices but I got to keep my KS package with a cool title ("Count") so now I'm responsible for keeping a lot of plebeian PCs alive, gotta make a coat of arms, and come up with some cities, titles, laws n' such,etc.
I've been spending the last few days reading up on the various Duchies to join and figuring out which Discord server to dive into. It's pretty involved.

If any of you want to join as a vassal (or do your own thing, whatever), give it a shot. They reward people for recruiting players, apparently, but I don't care if you reference me or not; it'll just be cool to get people I know in a game that I apparently invested in.

It'll likely be out next year, but don't take my word for it (just look at Star Citizen, yikes). Normally I don't advocate backing "early access" games, but so far the community reminds me of the RP side of Dagorhir where everyone's trying to be an important person but really everyone's a scrub.

It's great. Check it out.
Posted Image

Posted Image

- "Dren is not a mere mortal. He is a state of mind; an Avatar of Avarice. He can never be stopped, as greed can never be sated. He does, however, have a very snazzy hat." - Andrew B.

#2 User is offline   LadyKate 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Rejoicing in life! Reading, writing, sewing, cosplay, English Country Dancing, time with friends, and my faith in Christ- which roots my joy unshakably!

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:53 AM

Chronicles of Elyria? That's too cool. My hometown is Elyria, Ohio (near Cleveland), I wonder if they made up the name independently or if one of the creators has been through Northeast Ohio. I am totally taking a screenshot of their name and logo to show to people back home.

The game ideas sound interesting. I don't play MMOs, but I look forward to hearing what gameplay is like.
PC: Ellenor Vold
-Member of the Running Rhinos-

You have no control: Who lives. Who dies. Who tells your story.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

*Marketing and Player Outreach Handmaiden* Please feel free to message me! I'm at your service.
*Blog Mistress* Keeper of your stories.

#3 User is offline   Danerec 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:LARPing, reading, writing

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

I've been keeping loose tabs on this as it develops, but I didn't kickstart it. I'll likely get into it when it comes out, but I need to replace my PC first.
PC Michael Mordison & Nahkei Govegein
Real name Don Tyson

#4 User is offline   Dren Ollevres 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Capturing the world in the ever-so-swift motions of a quill on parchment...

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

For what it's worth, I've acquired a significant title within the Kingdom, and there are ~200 people on Discord that I just praised Kingdoms of Novitas to, so maybe a few folks from there will pop in here to check out KoN.
Posted Image

Posted Image

- "Dren is not a mere mortal. He is a state of mind; an Avatar of Avarice. He can never be stopped, as greed can never be sated. He does, however, have a very snazzy hat." - Andrew B.

#5 User is offline   Dren Ollevres 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

Bump.

So far in the CoE group we picked up Tony and Camila Servello, Chris Tesorio, AJ DeLong, Sarah Merchant, and possibly Fred Clark as well.

Ping me on FB if you're interested! Your recruitment earns the County points toward land selection priority (Code: D3D0A9)

We have 1 or 2 Baron slots open (Mayor, Magistrate or Governor package). This means you'll be entitled your own settlement to govern within the County.

In addition, we have Council member positions as follows (available to anyone ranked "bloodline" or higher):

Knight Commander of the Armed Forces - (Chris) - In charge of outfitting, training, and leading soldiers (e.g. town guards, archers, watchposts) to protect the County from attackers and outside threats.

Justiciar of the Court - (Tony) - In charge of lawmaking, managing prisoners, enforcing laws internally (e.g. police force within the County) and is allowed access to a branch of troops not controlled by the Constable. Appointment of Judges is allowed as is access to the capital city's Courthouse for all matters judicial.

Seneschal of Records - (Open) - Will be keeping official records for Citizenship, ceremonial duties, burials, and overall human resource management and inventory. All filings for citizenship not handled directly by the Count are addressed by the Seneschal. Records include important structures and settlements as well as the acknowledgement of Guilds and Organizations within the County borders. This includes the planning and coordination of large building projects and city planning.

Marshal of Commerce - (Open) - Directly responsible for the transportation, storage, and inventory of physical goods. All diplomatic affairs around buying and selling of goods will be handled by the Marshal. In addition, the Marshal takes on responsibilities of the Master of the Horse, having control over horses, trison, wagons, as they fall under management of the transportation of goods.

Chancellor of the Exchequer - (Open) - Is effectively responsible for wealth and management of taxation within the region. They can work with the Justicar's forces directly or employ their own tax collector as needed. Will be working closely with the Marshall of Commerce to coordinate finances and set budget for trade and infrastructure.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Dren Ollevres 

• PipPip

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

For those on the fence or thinking about trying out a new sandbox Kingdom-based MMO (in its early stages), ping me.

We're approaching land selection soon so we'll be allocating towns and cities to the various players who are Mayor tier and above. Lot of new development happening in the County for those that want to participate! Trying to get as many friends and "known" players involved before all the random people flood the game.

Here's our new heraldry!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   hivemind 

• PR Nightmare
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Games, IT, my wife, your mom...

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

I'm interested, I think. What do?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users