Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: Very new - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

Page 1 of 1

Very new

#1 User is offline   Rubixcubed 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sports outdoors family friends and starting to have an interest in Larp

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

So I've literally never done any form a LARPing before and but I've always been into the more mythical side of the world but didn't really know there was a way to kind of live out that fantasy and a few people told me about Larp and I figured I'd give it a try I've read the rules and a lot of what I've seen a few people post to read but I'd really love to come out and at least watch and participate as an npc to really see what it's about and meet people and hopefully meet some fun people and makes some friends

#2 User is offline   Maggie / Baevynn 

• Secret Buzzerfree
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Wearing fancy things and spending an obscene amount of time on the internet.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hello there! My name is Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach second marshal. Nice to meet you! So you've read the rules and probably the worldbook which is good. That's always the first thing I recommend because it lets new players know what they're getting into. You're welcome to come and just NPC for a while. I NPCed at least three events before I put together my PC. However, we don't allow just spectators. If you want to see the game in action, you have to play!

Kingdoms of Novitas is a really nice community and I'm sure you'll fit in splendidly. If you've got questions of any sort, feel free to send me a message and I'll help you out.

Welcome to Novitas!
"Even the most primitive of societies have an innate respect for the insane." - Rumble Fish by SE Hinton
"I may die young, but at least I'll die smart." - Alaska Young

Baevynn Eilis Scarcella (née Tierney) - "Pinedale's little sister."
Andromeda - "What rich people did with their money before Hummers."
Agrona of the Blue Hand - "Agrona is an Avatar. She is the mortal representation of the Goddess Gof**kyourself."

Marketing and Player Outreach Second Send me a message! I only bite upon request.
Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm a bot...

#3 User is offline   Warblade 

• Marketing and Player Outreach Minion
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Stuff and Things

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Welcome to the forums! I'm the marketing and player outreach minion. My name is Shane and I second what Maggie posted, those are great resources to read and if you want more lore and story to read about, the blogs offer quite a bit to look into, we have humans, elves, snow Goblins, and even terrrans.

Also highly recommend checking out thrift stores for cheap garb items, you will be surprised at what you can find.
Marketing and Player Outreach Minion

#4 User is offline   LadyKate 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Rejoicing in life! Reading, writing, sewing, cosplay, English Country Dancing, time with friends, and my faith in Christ- which roots my joy unshakably!

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

Welcome!

I'm Kate and started larping with KoN in August of last year, having never LARPed before or done anything like this. I always loved fantasy novels and movies and imagined myself in those worlds, but I had no idea there was a place where I could actually enter an immersive fantasy experience! It's so incredible that KoN exists and once you see one event, you'll start to see part of the incredible dedication players and staff have to making this world real. Everyone here really cares about immersion.

I have had a great experience with the friendly people in this community; I feel quite adopted!

After reviewing the rules and world book- try checking out the blogs! I find the blogs a fun way to stay hyped between events.

Making a PC (mine is a human named Ellenor), really adds to the experience of attending events, but there's certainly no rush to make one right away, you can come and NPC for as many events as you'd like before bringing in your player character (waiting also lets you stock up experience points, so your PC can come in with more skills). NPCing is fun and is like being backstage in theater, changing garb, going out as a minor character with a mission or quest for the players (or being a monster or creature or just adding local color) and then coming back to the logistics building and changing garb again and going out as something else! PCing is a more immersive experience in plots and you build relationships with other characters over time as you improv act your way through scenes and encounters; it's so cool. I love it.

If you have any questions, just let us know! I have high enthusiasm and am a fair reference guide, but I will defer to Maggie for questions that require actual knowledge and experience. :)
PC: Ellenor Vold
-Member of the Running Rhinos-

You have no control: Who lives. Who dies. Who tells your story.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

*Marketing and Player Outreach Handmaiden* Please feel free to message me! I'm at your service.
*Blog Mistress* Keeper of your stories.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users