Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: how to make a sword - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

Page 1 of 1

how to make a sword Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mystic 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:cosplay, anime, larp, dagorhir, rping, drawing, gaming

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

im trying to make myself a plain boffer sword on a really tight budget can someone help me and tell me how to make it please?

#2 User is offline   Octavius 

• Marketing & Player Outreach Marshal
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:LARP

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

http://www.dagorhir....gorod_sword.php This is a basic cheap tutorial. However these kinds of weapons are only acceptable for NPCing.

Bonus points if you use Plastidip instead of cloth to cover it. You can also do https://www.forgedfo...uct=reblade-kit but again, these kinds of swords are NPC only.

Also if you have never done this before, a word of caution that is not the simplest thing to do. Your first attempt is likely to be a waste of materials, and will likely ending up costing you more money than just buying one from a vendor.

I'd highly recommend you save some money and get a latex weapon. A recommended vendor: http://www.garbgeek....r/short-blades/ sells quality swordsword for 40-60 dollars. These are good for PCing as well and NPCing and they look great.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Operations Second Marshal
Combat and Safety Ref

#3 User is offline   Mystic 

• PipPip
  • Interests:cosplay, anime, larp, dagorhir, rping, drawing, gaming

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

im pretty good at working with materials and have a lot of luck working with stuff like that but i would prefer a cheap cheap sword i can get and use as a pc or npc i dont have the money to afford much at all even $40 is a bit much for me

#4 User is offline   Leroy Jenkins 

• PipPip
  • Interests:D&D, Warhammer 40k/ fantasy, necromancy, undead, axes, really big swords (particularly soul edge "soul caliber 3") Diablo, demonology, ghosts, the dark gods of chaos. any story that is dark and mysterious with a taste of terror in the air...im into that

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

I know the feeling, I'm actually working on making a larp recurve bow and a naginata. The bow was pretty simple to produce, not sure on durability yet, but I think it should hold up. The naginata kind of has me a little stumped at the moment, but it's slowly coming to mind

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users