Kingdoms of Novitas Forums: Merchant Wares - Kingdoms of Novitas Forums

Page 1 of 1

Merchant Wares In-Game goods? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Teyvahrukt 

• Teyva or Ricky, please
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:SFX makeup, costume design, world building, sewing/knitting, craft making in general, video games, cooking

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a bit of a question. I was considering things that my character could perhaps sell in-game for coin, and I was hoping for input about what sort of items would possibly be appropriate. Originally I was considering making my own dried incense/potpourri blends, but since some people have allergies/aren't fond of such things, I'd like to get some feedback from others.

#2 User is offline   LadyKate 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Rejoicing in life! Reading, writing, sewing, cosplay, English Country Dancing, time with friends, and my faith in Christ- which roots my joy unshakably!

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

Selling food (somewhere that's a long walk from the inn) usually goes over well with hungry adventurers. I guess you could ask other merchants, but personally if it's not food, drink, or a magical item*, or a skill**, I'm not super likely to buy it in game.

*If you become a merchant in game you can spend in game money on Production to make magical items and then sell them for more than you paid.

**I totally spend in game money for fortune tellers, gambling, games of chance, musicians, etc.
PC: Ellenor Vold
-Member of the Running Rhinos-

You have no control: Who lives. Who dies. Who tells your story.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

*Marketing and Player Outreach Handmaiden* Please feel free to message me! I'm at your service.
*Blog Mistress* Keeper of your stories.

#3 User is offline   LadyKate 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Rejoicing in life! Reading, writing, sewing, cosplay, English Country Dancing, time with friends, and my faith in Christ- which roots my joy unshakably!

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Granted, if you make a story around whatever trinket you sell, like you're a Draconus worshipper and these blessed items are perfect for a Draconus shrine (or you're a follower of the Stranger or whatever) and there's some cool thing to do (like scatter potpourri at a shrine and the gods will grant you a wish), then you might have a niche of buyers and you'd make in character friends with similar interests. :)
PC: Ellenor Vold
-Member of the Running Rhinos-

You have no control: Who lives. Who dies. Who tells your story.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

*Marketing and Player Outreach Handmaiden* Please feel free to message me! I'm at your service.
*Blog Mistress* Keeper of your stories.

#4 User is offline   Teyvahrukt 

• Teyva or Ricky, please
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Interests:SFX makeup, costume design, world building, sewing/knitting, craft making in general, video games, cooking

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Awesome, thanks for the advice c:

#5 User is offline   Teyvahrukt 

• Teyva or Ricky, please
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

Okay, one last question because I couldn't find a complete answer on it in the worldbook. What are colors/symbols generally associated with the individual gods of the Sept and Dark Three?

#6 User is offline   Lady Vinyl 

• Tits (of Tits and Ass) aka Quentin Tarantino of the Blogs
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:LARP, music, table top RPG, prop designing (please note, I am not necessarily good at any of these, I just enjoy them)

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

The seven pointed star is the only one that I can think of.
Lady Vinyl

#7 User is offline   Maggie / Baevynn 

• Secret Buzzerfree
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:Wearing fancy things and spending an obscene amount of time on the internet.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostTeyvahrukt, on 21 August 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

Okay, one last question because I couldn't find a complete answer on it in the worldbook. What are colors/symbols generally associated with the individual gods of the Sept and Dark Three?

So for the Dark Three, there's a little bit of an easter egg in the Gershan crest. For the Dark Three, the symbol is usually a triangle of three dots. In the Gershan crest, you can see that there is a triangle with three dots and within those dots are little images. One is a skull which represents Nox, the other is a droplet (of blood) which represents Grak, the top dot is a circle with a triangle of three dots inside. I've also seen a less detailed version which is a black dot on top for Darkness, one green dot for Nox and one red dot for Grak.

There are a bunch of little symbols for the Sept. It really depends on who you ask. For simplicity, just read through the religion section on the wiki and find your own symbols out of the text. Examples I've seen are: Craftsmen-hammer and anvil, Stranger-crow/raven, Soldier-sword, Knight-shield, Elemental-tree, Scholar-books, Mother-a heart or a mother nursing her child. You don't have to use these by any means and if anyone else wants to chime in with the symbols they have used, certainly do so. They Sept don't really have specific colors, but you can certainly assign them colors for yourself if you'd like.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: gersh.JPG

"Even the most primitive of societies have an innate respect for the insane." - Rumble Fish by SE Hinton

"I may die young, but at least I'll die smart." - Alaska Young

Baevynn Eilis Scarcella (née Tierney) - "Pinedale's little sister."
Andromeda - "What rich people did with their money before Hummers."
Agrona of the Blue Hand - "Agrona is an Avatar. She is the mortal representation of the Goddess Gof**kyourself."

Marketing and Player Outreach Second Send me a message! I only bite upon request.

#8 User is offline   Teyvahrukt 

• Teyva or Ricky, please
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Thank you guys again!

#9 User is offline   John Spencer aka Flint 

• John/Flint
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Gaming of almost all sorts, knowledge seeker, adventurer

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hey Teyva, I have a response for your original statement. If you are making something that is unique and useful, people will buy them. Maybe not as much as magical items or food, but profit is profit. My best suggestion for you, when game gets up and going again, is to make a character, become a merchant, and try to sell various things and see what sells best. I know for myself, I started selling rock candy, now I am working on building a portable forge to bring to game and build trinkets while I am at my shop selling things. As you learn the game and learn what people want to buy, you tend to change with the flow of things. Good luck selling!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users