|Site Index | > Magic Rules | > About Magic|
Magic represents the varied fantasy elements in Kingdoms of Novitas. Players are allowed to represent their magic as being from any source so long as casting the magic fulfills all normal magic rules.
Magic comes in several forms in Kingdoms of Novitas.
- Spells are skills learned by players that allow them to cast that specific spell. Casting spells expends magic power points from the caster which refresh at convergence.
- Scrolls require the read magic skill to use. They can contain any spell, and cost no magic power points but are consumed on use.
- Rituals require an appropriate skill to use. They are consumables that also require special items to use. Casting a ritual allows a character to create effects beyond the scope of normal spells.
- Magic items can have many different magical properties. They can be used by anyone who could normally use the prop they are represented by (which is generally anyone, but some weapons require specific skills).
- Potions (and oils) are consumables that can be used by anyone but can only be made from certain specific spells.
|<< | Magic Rules | Magic Power Points >>|