|Site Index | > Magic Rules | > Stat Caps|
Each character has a natural maximum limit on certain stats generally referred to as a "cap" that can only ever be exceeded by rare effects which explicitly allow a character to break that cap. Rules and abilities that exceed a cap are said to "break cap" or say a character can go past a certain limit. Non-player characters follow these same rules when they are from the playable PC races but may be exempt from these limits if they are other races or creature types.
Weapon damage, body, magic power points, production points, crafting points, physical armor, and magical armor are all affected by these caps. There is also a limit on using spells imbued in magic objects.
- When wielded by themselves melee weapons have a cap of 4 damage
- While dual wielding your melee damage is capped at 2.
- Wielding a shield in combat limits your melee damage to a cap of 2. Note that passive bucklers do not have this cap.
- Thrown weapon damage has a cap of 2.
- Missile weapons have a cap of 4 damage.
- Body has a cap of 4 points.
- Physical armor has a cap of 4 points.
- Magic armor has a cap of 4 points.
- A character can only spend a total of 20 magic power points between any two convergences unless an ability or effect explicitly allows them to break that limit.
- Characters are capped at a total of 20 crafting points from all sources.
- Characters are restricted to a cap of 20 production points from all sources.
- Separate from the cap character's have on power points per game day, there is also a cap of twenty magic power points (spell levels) worth of spells from per game day objects each game day. Per game day items with "unlimited activations" or "unlimited use" still count against this channeling limit unless they specifically state otherwise.
|Stat||Limits (Caps) to Character Stats|
|Single Melee Weapon, No Off-hand Weapon or Shield||Four Damage|
|One Melee Weapon in Each Hand||Two Damage|
|One Melee Weapon and One Shield||Two Damage|
|Missile Weapons||Four Damage|
|Thrown Weapons||Two Damage|
|Physical Armor||Four Points|
|Magic Armor||Four Points|
|Magic Power Points||Twenty Points|
|Craft Points||Twenty Points|
|Production Points||Twenty Points|
|<< Spell Effect Interaction | Magic Rules | Spell Calls >>|
|<< Using Consumable Items | Item Rules | Item Effect Interaction >>|