|Site Index | > Real World Rules | > Events | > Shifts|
A shift is a 5 hour block of time during which the game is taking place. During each shift a player must choose to either be a player character (PC) or a non-player character (NPC). Players are expected to NPC for at least as many shifts as they PC.
If you are going to be late for a shift or need to leave early for some reason, that shift should be one of the shifts that you PC.
The Timeline of a Typical Event:
- 3 pm Friday to 8 pm Friday: Set-up of logistics, the inn, and player encampments.
- 7 pm Friday: Players may sign in when the logistics staff are ready for them.
- 9 pm Friday to 2 am Saturday: 1st shift
- 10 am Saturday to 3 pm Saturday: 2nd shift
- 3 pm Saturday to 8 pm Saturday: 3rd shift
- 8 pm Saturday to 1 am Sunday: 4th shift
- 8 am Sunday to 12 pm Sunday: Clean-up
- It is not uncommon for people to go for lunch afterwards nearby.
|<< Archiving Characters | Real World Rules | Non-Player Characters >>|