|Site Index | > Fundamental Rules | > What to Bring|
"What should I bring to my first game?"
The answer is really contingent on whether or not you'll have a character ready by then. Newer players are encouraged to play a full event of NPC roles to rack up some experience and get a better feel for the game. In this case you'd need just some simple non-descriptive garb to last you two days
Sample first timer’s kit
- PC garb.
- Includes: Boots, medieval trousers/skirt, tunic/blouse, belt, belt pouch, cloak.
- Only needed if you are going to play a PC
- NPC garb.
- Includes: Boots, neutral colored trousers, tunic.
- Can't be your PC garb
- Electric lantern
- No brand-names showing
- Glowsticks are allowed at night as well.
- The site is very dark at night, you'll want this.
- Extra Food for the weekend
- Drink for the weekend
- Water is available on site
- If you want something more be sure to bring it.
- No alcohol is allowed at the game site, ever.
- Medications (if applicable)
- Boffer weapon
- Sleeping bag/blankets/pillow
- Sign-in Fee ($30)
- A feast kit: bowl, spoon, fork, mug/goblet
- Seasonal gear: bug spray, thermal underwear, wool socks, gloves, hat, scarf, extra drink, firewood.
- An open mind and a good attitude!
- Later additions to your kit might involve things like armor, rucksacks, a trap kit, rope, canteen, extra weapons, magical treasures earned in the game, your coin and gems, a journal, quill and ink, chalk, candles, encampment props, etc. If you think you can use it, and you can carry it… go nuts.
- An ID to verify you meet the age requirement.
Things to Avoid
- Spending too much on armor that doesn't pass KoN armor rules and guidelines.
- Spending too much on weapons that won't pass KoN weapon rules and guidelines
- Expecting garb to be provided (it won't be, NPC's are provided accessories to augment existing garb)
- Wandering around as just a spectator.
- Alcohol. The game site is always dry. We want to maintain a healthy relationship with our hosts and respect their rules.
Categories: Fundamental Rules
|<< Garb | Fundamental Rules | Flags >>|