Sign in to follow this  
kyle egert

Best of September!

Each game, we make a post where people list off their favorite stuff! It's fun!

Will post my own soon, I have too nap first.

Elfed way too hard!

Being a troll archer and sniping one of the Rhinos through a thicket of trees while he was trying to flee.

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!

Meeting Ithvandish and Jace finally!

Sneaking up on Wraiths and Undead that were sneaking up on some other Elves!

Trying (and FAILING) to keep up with Draug. HA!

Snatching a bite to eat-literally! TY Camila for the priceless face!.

Seeing Tavon and blaming him for losing my sandwich.

The all-around fun-ness of being Thaerion Daewen!!

Thanks everyone who made it AWESOME!

What a fantastic event, even if it was 115 million degrees out. some highlights:

• RP with Narene after he spoke with the dead Piscean, threatening that he couldn't die because he needs to teach Rowan Scarcella her magic now that she's talking.
  • Welcoming Riona back!
  • Finally an answer about the Darkness-worshipping Pisceans! Oh, damn, it's a terrifying answer!
  • The Druids and elves are always telling old stories and tales, and Ithvendish told Temperance one at the start of event, and then... it all came true. SKYBEASTS.
  • Metaplot that links multiple parties and their projects together: Rock the hell on. "Tell Janos that Temperance is looking for him" was super fun and a great change of pace.
  • Draug: scary and solemn, completely literal in Common, and also the object of much lust from a certain bard. Possibly others. I giggled a lot at the thought of fanning those flames and watching Ithvendish freak out about not crossing the streams.
  • I healed a lot of the things. I used all of the power, and almost all of the consumables.
  • Thaerion the shadow. The voice in the darkness, the shape at the edge of your vision... super awesome. :)
  • And then there was NPCing! Creating a pit under some PCs (though my husband tells me we did that wrong; I blame my GM), and then negotiating with them for Steve Guile's pants.
  • Undead. "We just want to go home." and then you let... us... go?
  • The Placida Sisters, criminal masterminds and terrible pun lovers.

I can't wait to be back; I hope it can be October, but I'll be back as soon as I can.

I just napped so hard after KoN. Ya'll wore me out.

NPC:

- Making Atticus work for a kill as a mummy first shift. It's always a good feeling when you can give the PCs a challenge.

- Waspoids with Dave M and Dan. Waspoids are actually fun to play now. Who would of guessed it?

- Going out on a few simple plots that were exactly what they said on the tin. Watching PCs flounder at the lack of betrayal is highly entertaining.

- Skaven in the temple and Atticus counting. Noting like listening to a PC loose his damned mind over some stubborn rats.

PC:

- Doing dirty dirty commerce with the Rhinos.

- Running about with Drea and Leah's PC all day was a blast.

- Getting egg on my tunic first thing on my PC shift was a blessing in disguise.

- Orcs infesting your buildings? No problem.

- Going on an adventure and dying. This is why I don't do adventures.

Undead. "We just want to go home." and then you let... us... go?

I was never more disappointed or frustrated in the people of Pinedale IC then I was at that moment. I'm lurking in the trees with an elven steel crossbow, a rack of dissipate potions, and a craving to kill me a necromancer and they just let the undead horrors by, or as my PC put it to Titus "You just bitched out?". The more I think about that moment the more I'm sure that was a defining moment for my PC.

I enjoyed the event as a whole but I would have to say the undead wanting to go home was probably the craziest part. We had all already been through so much and used so much to get to the end of the path and see a whole undead hoard was mind blowing(mind you me being dead dead and needing to b dragged for at least 45min to an hour the whole time haha) I enjoyed myself and can't wait for october

First and foremost, another great event in my books !

Getting to lead NPC for two personal polts and creating two awesome reoccurring NPCS (Rodric and The sooth sayer) I love love love rping as an NPC and being successful :) love making the PC's go damn what the fuck just happened

PCing was a blast healing the rhinos and helping them fight brought me back to my old days as a lvl 10 PC I remember the struggle but they fight like lvl 50's and it's great you guys are awesome !

Borge big undead fights, Sorien is getting for confident in battle and getting to fight full on was a treat.

The tree guy (can't remember how to spell what they are called) played by Kyle was awesome it's about time the great forest began popping up more.

Lacey and raven you guys were so funny and so informative loved it.

Getting to fight with my full group and watching us come together Gaurdians are becoming a force to be reckoned with!

Doing my first ritual and getting to RP the hell out of it !

And much much more !

Great way to celebrate my 2 years of KoN love you guys all and hope to continue to grow and become a bigger part of this family.

Wonderful job all GM's and NPC's you guys are all great !

Oh and being a super gay buzzer ? Dream come true !

Thanks to make up station too getting to learn the secrets and trades you guys know is astounding !

Xoxo

- GMing for my first time was AWESOME! Thank you to all my awesome NPCs including Josh, Leah, Chris Hicks and Alex/ Krod! I especially loved when NPCs add to the plot and make it crazier. SO MANY RIDICULOUS PLOTS HAPPENED OMG.

- Rodric the knock off Odric was brilliant and I wish I had tagged along in orange to watch this plot. Coming back from being a Gorgon and having Chris Tesorio go "Yeeeaaahhh... so nymphs can't give birth to humans, so she's going to give birth to a bag man and kill everyone in the temple. O____O So glad Katie THANKED me for that plot instead of hating me for traumatizing her PC

- Me: WHAT DO YOU MEAN ARTEMIS ISN'T ON SHIFT ONE ANYMORE!? I HAVE TO HAVE A GHOST TELL HIM AND INGRID THEY'RE SOUL MATES!

Chris T: Here's what we're going to do. Make it Ivan.

Me: ... that's evil and I love it

- The random mummy plot that I pulled out of my ass ten seconds before it went out. It evolved so quickly into insane wonderfulness that I'm enjoying letting the NPCs run with some of these plots and turn them into little nuggets of plot gold

- Everything Josh did this event. All of it. Rodric, the "adventurer" for my mummy plot who ran around the field screaming, flamboyant buzzer, wizened soothsayer, DUDE YOU ROCKED SO MUCH THIS EVENT THIS MAN DESERVES SO MUCH XP FOR EVERYTHING HE DID.

- The soothsayer plot (I love you Maggie and Josh!) which made Lori into a Medium. That shit was crazy. Second person wandering into Pinedale who knows Lori's full name and random shit about her, my girl is getting really spooked and I love it. The fact that he was a Dellin really added to Lori's plot because she's been wrestling with losing her Vleanoan heritage but becoming too Dellin. A Dellin giving her this kind of gift is really just dragging her closer to the Dellin end of the spectrum. Sooner rather than later she's going to stop correcting people when they assume she's a Dellin.

- Crying in the Temple with Geoffredo. Again, thank you Maggie. I LOVE plots that can make me physically cry from the emotional duress. I swear, Lori's craziest events are my favorite. BRING ON THE EMOTIONAL TURMOIL!

- Bonding with Drea, Terridan and Daitoro. Y'all are super cool characters and I'm so excited I got to know you guys this event

- Daitoro giving Lori a gift to say thank you for saving him from the puppet weed a few months ago. That was so touching!

- The ghost plot with Matt and Silk. GUYS. The fact that the man was blaming himself for his sister's death even though it wasn't his fault and there was nothing he could do about it FIT SO DAMN PERFECTLY WITH LORI'S STORY AND ALL THE STUFF WITH THE SOOTHSAYER AND HER NIGHTMARES. Lori took it as a sign that if she keeps obsessing over blaming herself for the deaths of people around her, eventually she might be the unfinished business that keeps them from moving on to the well. Lesson learned, she's going to start to chill

- The other ghost plot where Terridan and Drea were given a family heirloom that is good luck and brings happy marriages, and the both of them giving the hairpin to Lori, without knowing that Lori and Krod got married (were sorta already married but made it more official) less than an hour earlier. I LOVE WHEN PLOT LIKE THIS HAPPENS BY COINCIDENCE SO AWESOME.

- MK's farmer's wife character measuring Lori's hips and Lori having no idea why... until Krod protectively yanked her away and Lori realized MK was trying to set her up with her sons and checking out her birthing hips. WHOOPS. I've been so preoccupied with MK making my dress that I thought her character was measuring me for something she wanted to make for Lori!

- RPing with Geoffredo, talking about her experience with the soothsayer and Draconus' part in the end of the world. Al is a rock star of role-play. He is also a rock star of naps.

This event is amazing and I can't wait for harvest fest!

- MK's farmer's wife character measuring Lori's hips and Lori having no idea why... until Krod protectively yanked her away and Lori realized MK was trying to set her up with her sons and checking out her birthing hips. WHOOPS. I've been so preoccupied with MK making my dress that I thought her character was measuring me for something she wanted to make for Lori!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hips large enough to birth 12 lb. twins haven't been created. wink.gif

(Frustration level = over 9000. I had typed about half of this and I accidentally left this page thinking it was a different tab! Pretty sure I woke up our neighbor from the screaming. Anyway.)

This even was so awesome that, on a scale of one to even, I can't!!!! Amazing job, GMs, and Chris - you ROCKED as Plot Marshall this event. Truly!

Shift 1 - NPCing

- Ingrid usually has it pretty easy while working the Inn. There she was, getting along with her new coworker Gruber (David C) and showing him the magnificent and ancient art of making hot sandwiches, which was passed down to her by the amazeballs Leon, when suddenly Narene. He tells her that there is a ghost claiming that she and Ivan are soulmates and must be together. She tells him to stop with his Elf magic and tricks and leave her to her stove top. After all, she is engaged to Artemis. A few minutes later, Ivan comes in. Great. Ivan wants to talk. "Talk". Great. She tells Gruber she'll "be right back". About 15 minutes later, she comes back claiming she will not be able to sit down correctly for a month. I guess she has to talk to Artemis.

- Wraiths attack the Inn! Gruber asks me, "What do we do?!" I tell him, "Don't worry! They usually just ignore us."

Five seconds later, he's dead. And I'm hiding by the pantry. Oops.

Autumn - "I got so drunk last time I was here that I almost slept with a human."

Ingrid - "Oh? Who?"

Autumn - "Abel."

*Abel walks in as if being summoned. We all die laughing.*

Shift 2 - PCing

SO. MUCH. WIN.

- Trying to tell a farmer who thinks he can command two (freaking adorable) Golems into farming for him that he is wrong and that it was a bad idea. Props to David C for playing that quirky man so well and the two people who played the Golems! I wanted to pet them so badly. Well, after almost seeing this plot finished, I spied with my little eyes a wild Dren, Ralen, and Phoenix approaching, followed by a woman in red...

- "Are you Drea?" My stomach sunk, anxiety crept in. "I need you to come with me. A man took my baby and said he wishes to speak with you." My arms instantly filled with goosebumps. "Please, help! He's going to kill my daughter!" A roaring "TAKE ME THERE, NOW. WE MUST HURRY!" came out of me before I could think twice about this, and we went. Both in and out of character, I trusted this woman 100%, and wanted to make sure her baby was alright. Walking past the town, past the temple, this impeding doom feeling settling in, when Drea spots a... man.

Drea - "Who is that man?"

Woman in Red - "What man?"

Phoenix - "I don't see anyone, either..."

Drea, turning to Ralen with wide and scared eyes - "....... Ralen...?"

Ralen - ".... I see him......"

BOOM. Madness.

In the confusion, the ghost came down and asked if I remembered him. I said no, and tried to run away from him as we argued, still trying to follow the lady. It took a turn to the worse when he said he wants me dead and won't stop following me until I'm screaming like my child and family, and dead. Dren tells me to stop talking to trees, I snap at him and scream at him to shut up. The woman in red attacks me and all hell breaks loose. Dropping like a stone when she stabs me in the back, Ralen not even missing a beat and bringing me back instantly - much to the ghost's dislike - arguing with the ghost while more people came in after hearing the commotion. It was the most intense moment I've ever had in-game, and it took so much of a toll on me - feeling fooled both in and out-of character, the way she lured me out, the evil words - that I fell on my knees, rested my face in my hands and cried hard. Like, sobbing. After seeing that the woman was dead, I screamed the most satisfying "BITCH!!!" ever. Dren trying to comfort me wasn't the best idea, with his whole "I don't see whatever you see therefore it can't be real, but maybe it is if it has you so upset" speech. So I got up, wiped some of tears away, and went back into town, ignoring everyone who looked at me and asked me if I was ok, and filled with disbelief and thinking, "Where's Titus? I need Titus right now." (MAGGIE, YOU FACKIN ROCK)

Needless to say, I was paranoid for the rest of the day.

- Autumn bought Drea a chocolate after she saw she had been crying and was visibly upset. And it made me so freaking happy. <3

- Learning about what's going on with Lori and talking about things that may have us "in this together", and overall bonding with her all day was a blast!

- After Dren took the most glorious of falls and needed to go sit down at the Inn, a man (Nick Q) comes in the Inn holding a severed arm and asking for help. I cannot explain why, but as soon as I saw that, a laughing fit overcame me and it was so bad that I had to remove myself from the Inn to calm down. And then, shortly after that, a second man throws a severed head at the Inn as well. Welcome to Pinedale! This adventure ended in Illivandros as I dying, only to get turtle-piled on each other. (because I am a terrible person and I love watching things unfold when I'm dead, I kept one eye open and was so happy to witness freaking Draug KILLING EVERYTHING LEGOLAS STYLE OMG SO MUCH YES I LOVE THAT ELF). (and thank you, Skylar, for talking me out of anxiety. It hit me pretty bad this event.)

- Spending time with Sonja, Lori, and Illivandros for most of the shift was what kept Drea sane.

Shift 3 - PCing

- Scavens being adorable (Yes, I find everything adorable in this game) and asking for food. Then, offering to help with the werewolves. Finally seeing Titus walking in and yelling at him to not attack them because they're helping. Finally catching up with Titus on what happened that morning.

- The other ghost plot! Stopping that angry man from committing suicide by fighting a minotaur was very satisfying. I gave him some tips that Drea herself (and myself out of character, too) could use as well. I got teary eyed at the end of that one.

- Actually getting to play myself for a bit as Drea got insanely jealous of Titus having to entertain this Civen lady whose father wanted her to marry him. It was super fun. "Bitch trying to take my man." Sonja and Illivandros were suggesting we killed her and got it over with, but I "grew up" and said no killing. And then he introduced me to her. And then I was very inappropriate. Like any little farmer gal turned Civinite would be.

- Ghost plot number 3! Ended up receiving a hairpin that gave good luck in marriage. Terridan and Drea decided it'd be best fit for Lori, since Drea literally had just found out they were engages/suddenly married and was super, super happy for them.

- Drea wants babies. Watch out, Titus.

- Orcs in your property? No problem! Illivandros has a hell of an aim and the whole strategy to kill the Orcs was awesome. And coming up with a cheesy new incant to heal Titus with was worth the look on his face and then the cheesy and cute conversations that flourished after that. I seriously love that whole relationship thing they have going on.

- Getting to RP sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much with Titus, Lori, Krod, Terridan, Sorien (WONDER TWINS, BABY!), Owl, Illivandros, and being able to say that the Rhinos are my friends now was the icing on the cake. Drea and Gilbert's PC even made up an awesome and flowy dance outside the Inn while Julia played away! It was awesome!

- And then the Undead came. And I dissipated so hardcore. I figured I'd be much more useful alive than being another person needing a revive. I did break out of my dissipate when I saw an Undead picking at Titus' things and shield when he was down and Artemis and I brought him down. And then they came back! .... And went home. Yep. We let them go home.

- Having to scratch my legs ALL DAY because my pants SUCK. I need new pants asap, and if anyone has suggestions, please help a sister out.

Shift 4 - GMing

Holy crap, GMing is so much fun!!! I cannot thank Jordan B, Chris T, Al, Rick S, and Maggie enough for all the support and encouragement, for being so patient with me, and just for existing. I loved the experience and I am looking forward to next time!!

I sent out many plots that I was really happy with and proud of, and a couple that made me scratch my head and look around for feedback. Hey, nobody is perfect their first time GMing! biggrin.gif

I am thankful for the NPCs listening to me and coming to me when I shouted for those not doing anything and not becoming Lizards to see me, and they did. I also got a high-five from Chris.

Amanda and I were so pumped for that last battle of the night that we donned orange caps and went (more like waddled, ouch our thighs) to the Field to witness it. And it was awesome. She gave me lots of pointers and advice, and I just love that lady <3

Had way too much fun. Couldn't have asked for a better event to celebrate my one year with you guys, and I am so happy to be part of this family. Love you guys so much!

- Actually getting to play myself for a bit as Drea got insanely jealous of Titus having to entertain this Civen lady whose father wanted her to marry him. It was super fun. "Bitch trying to take my man." Sonja and Illivandros were suggesting we killed her and got it over with, but I "grew up" and said no killing.

"It would be a shame if my crossbow went off accidently right...now."

Not that he'd actually do it but the thought seemed to cheer her up, which was the point.

That was too awesome lol

This event was pretty awesome!

First shift: I really didn't do anything as far as super crazy creatures but I played many gravespawn, wraiths, and skeletons. Had some epic moments with it too!

Second shift: Innkeeping! It was a blast, I had a great time rping with people and a huge thanks to Phil, the master tinkerer that fixed the fan. Another big thanks to Mike B for helping out with everything he helped with. It made my day so much easier.

Third & Forth shift PCing:

-Helping out the Rhinos as much as I did was a lot of fun.

-Helping skaven feed their nest with inn food was excellent! They fought valiantly against the trolls even though they couldn't hurt them, then grabbing Sorien's woodsmans axe when he went down and tearing through the rest of the trolls and chasing after the "kyle egert" troll through the pine trees until he was dead.

-had a great time hanging out and playing games with tiredon(spelled wrong probably) even though it lead to our deaths because the whole town was gone when cairnholde came to the inn...

-had a great time helping the old scholar preform rituals, especially helping with the metamorphosis ritual to change my blade into elvin steel for the event.

-had a lot of epic battles against undead including the last wave from nabu nexus.

-took on several kasvaks and a few werewolves without them even getting through my armor!

-my weaponsmithing is actually being used fairly well and I love bringing items in for people!

Overall I had a great event and I can't wait to come in October!

Lacey and raven you guys were so funny and so informative loved it.

IT'S RAYVEN, WITH A Y, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *flounces*

(I'm super glad you liked it, it was a fun bit of chill RP :D )

Still massively tired from the weekend. Will post faves tomorrow :) Thanks everyone for a great event.

IT'S RAYVEN, WITH A Y, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *flounces*

(I'm super glad you liked it, it was a fun bit of chill RP biggrin.gif )

I'm so glad y'all liked that one. I pulled that one out of my ass.

I'm happy you and Amanda played it out! :D

~Best~

Getting to meet Mary's character and talking for some time about the gods and the trees and human/elven culture.

Not getting hit by those Bagmen because of Mary's keen eyes.

Being with the Druids and not being shady.

~Worst~

Nearly passing out first shift NPCing.

Over all heat exhaustion even though I was taking all the precautions I could think of .

The general grumpiness of people because of heat. (myself included)

SUNDAY >.<

Left early to go to work and felt so miserable I didn't even go.

Best of event... Coming home.

Words can not properly express how good it felt to come back after so many months away. I received many squeals of delight and lots of hugs and I was only there one shift!

I do not feel like I did a lot as Riona.... sneaking around the in watching Narene, and maybe weirding out some of the others in the Inn.

It was a beautiful night despite the heat. I did not want to leave and can not wait to see all you lovely people again in October!!!!

- The ghost plot with Matt and Silk. GUYS. The fact that the man was blaming himself for his sister's death even though it wasn't his fault and there was nothing he could do about it FIT SO DAMN PERFECTLY WITH LORI'S STORY AND ALL THE STUFF WITH THE SOOTHSAYER AND HER NIGHTMARES. Lori took it as a sign that if she keeps obsessing over blaming herself for the deaths of people around her, eventually she might be the unfinished business that keeps them from moving on to the well. Lesson learned, she's going to start to chill

"Can you take me to hear the music before I go?"

Damned awesome timing on "amazing grace", Fish. <3

I am constantly surprised by just what parts of what plots effect characters.

Where do i begin....

1st sift (npc)

• giving birth to a TONY BAGMAN! lmao in a magic locked room with people inside. the look on everyone's face was so priceless!
  • Allllll the undead!

2nd shift (pc)

• i have my own gargoyle <3 he loves me and i love him <3
  • running around will micheal and killing all the things

3rd shift (pc)

• My first pc shift that i was by myself. and i didnt die!
  • running around with Illivandros making jokes about everything !
  • killing and reaping trolls
  • hanging out with my beautiful girl drea <3 even if she is titus's
  • telling a bunch of sept to buzz off when they asked for money. only to find out later that they were bandits asking for money! WINNING
  • running into a HUGE undead horde, after i was completely out of magic.... conclusion= mental break down during shift change lol gotta love anxiety

4th shift (inn)

• my favorite shift . i get to relax, cook food, put my feet up(figuratively) and watch the show of everyone rping.
  • thanks to who ever cooked the potpies i totally forgot who it was butttt they made my night so easy and they were soooo good <3

overall this event was sooo much fun!! once again thanks to everyone who makes this game possible!

PC

+Star-gazing with "Gery" and Delia.

+Tiniest Dellin provided the only alcoholic beverage in all of Pinedale!

+Summoning Abel... like, twice.

+Killing all of the things! Sorry for the over-enthusiastic gut-checks I delivered to one or two undead.

+All interactions with boundaries-testing Draug.

GM

+Don and Chris were absolute machines on this shift and it was great to see.

+Guilting Flint about being a coward, and as always RP with Brian Loughlin. We always have the best interactions, no matter who we're playing. Lady Cecelia might have a new voice in PInedale.

NPC

+Aw man I love NPCing. I can't get enough painting, especially when I get to play something cool like a Caten. Rick: "Arise Caten. *tap tap* Arise."

+Lacy and Rayven debate! Thanks for entertaining our pointless bickering, Josh!

In no particular order:

- Wandering around and talking elfy stuff with Arbor, Draug, and Jace. Had a lovely time.

- Stargazing with Autumn and Delia, and very politely rebuffing Delia's advances. (Also, oh man, those stars!) Gaerwyn particularly enjoyed the different origin stories for the Milky Way.

- Making friends with Andromeda and introducing her to Ivan. "Ivan, this is my friend Andromeda. You should pay her for sex!" =D

- Standing in the middle of a Very Deserted Path in Very Dark Woods for a Very Long Time with Andromeda, later, waiting for the rest of the party to come back. Exercise in patience, which Gaerwyn (or maybe just Julia) ain't great at.

- And then after the others came back, finally running into some dang undead, casting the Sanctuary Ivan left us, aaaaand then dropping it like a hot rock and dissipating when "something" cast Anti Magic Aura.

My favorite bit of the weekend, though, was definitely this series of hilarious events:

>Be slightly bored in the Inn.

>Accept drink from Autumn, who does NOT say "This is really strong, you should sip it."

>Down the drink, cuz it's tasty.

>Spend the next few minutes pleasantly hammered (Gary's first time drinking! Hooray!) and weaving around the Inn being friendly to people.

>Attempt to read relevant page of information to stranger who mentions the sky monsters. Pick book up upside down. Try to read it anyway.

(Ith realizes I'm drunk, Purifies Spirit.)

>Achievement get: hangover!

>Feel distinctly betrayed by Ith. There was fun being had! Why you ruin it?

>Swear at Ith because he hates it.

(Ith Silences and Banishes me outside the Inn.)

>Sulk for ten minutes.

>Mope off to find friends.

"Gaerwyn, why are you so sad?"

"Ith put me in time-out."

"Eh?"

"He Silenced and Banished me because I was rude because he ruined my fun."

"...He what."

Sooooo what started out as a "Meh, I've got nothing else to do, sure I'll try this drink Autumn likes so much" turned into now Atticus is going to write a letter to Ith's mom letting her know that her son is putting magics on people without their express consent. Whoops?

...See you all in a few weeks!