Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Something something best of May...

++ Friday night! Things were fast-paced and went smoothly. Just how I like it. Great job to all my NPCs and staff who are on Friday nights.

++ The weather. I mean, it could have been better, but beggars can't be choosers - and it could have been a hell of a lot worse!

++ Hanging with my peeps. Brave Companions best companions.

++ Meeting Cassandra. She and Ivan had a little storytelling moment.

++ Made a buncha money doing merchant-type things.

++ Spent a buncha money on (what else) loose women and strong beer. Oh, and the Temple got some too.

++ Shooting things as an NPC. Great RP with Reaver and Flint.

++ Playing Septon Maximus.

++ Knowing what's coming, and not being able to tell most of you yet!

-- Man did I spend a lot of money on whores....

-- My spear got stolen, in the dumbest possible manner. Glad I got it back, but I spent two hours (and so did several other PCs) wandering all over camp looking for it. Not a fun morning. Bleh.

-- The arrows I made suck ass. Not sure why. Also not used to things I make sucking. I have to tear them down and rebuild. Glad I only made five, not the dozen.

-- Late start for everything on Friday night. The new shift time is still new, hopefully people continue to adjust.

-- The continued devastation of the camp grounds. Heartbreaking.

+First shift went by in a blur.

+New plate bracers and greaves!

+Second shift GMing went as smoothly as it could! Always grateful to enthusiastic NPCs.

+My favorite plot sent out as a GM was the werewolf cult. Led to an excellent fight in front of Logistics.

+Hanging out with the Wardens, a genuinely good group of PCs if not an entirely appropriate fit for Valora.

+Mycanoids + bow assassin. I got dropped, but it was still fun.

+Nox worshipper parade. Excellent combat.

+One of Valora's potential converts returning. Needing to kill, reap, and burn the body.

+RP while stoking the body-burning fire with Baldi and new PC, Raico (sp?).

+Friendsgiving! It was a heart-felt and delicious meal.

+Eating and drinking a lot as the key to not succumbing to absolute exhaustion and pain.

+Raul the courtesan's excellent footrub. 10/10 would pay 20 coin again.

+The above was worth the werewolf ambush in the inn. No regrets.

+Cairnhold fight. Good, clean fighting... except the headshot I delivered to Amy. Sorry Amy! I owe you a milkshake!

+RPing with Baldi, bickering all day until...

+Nox shrine plot, which was all good, clean fighting too and then...

+Arguing with the rest of the assembled fighters when Valora did her thing and revived a Nox worshipper, then Dominated him to send him sprinting back to the temple. The plan? Medusa's Kiss of course, but everyone was getting on Valora's case, so...

+Things finally came to a head and ended in a shoving-screaming, chest-bumping match with Baldisere. I know I can always trust Pat with my RP, no matter how intense it needs to get.

+Wandering away from the group as we headed back to down, abandoning the Medusa's Kiss plan, and breaking down crying in the middle of the field. Valora's feeling helpless, but Amanda needed to get some stuff out, too.

-The chafing... ooohhh LAWD the chafing...

Holy CRAP this event was full of awesome

NPCing 1st shift:

+ALL the amazing RP plots I got from Dave H. I kept getting different roles I had never done before and I freaking loved it

+ Verduran Priestess ritual. Draug being super in awe of my character was awesome. The elves and druids all gathered around the fire while I did my ritual to welcome spring and bring life back to the forest and nature in Pinedale. During the ritual it stopped raining. WIN

+ Also alll dat monstorus armor I gave out from that ritual

+ Dumb loggers that got turned into Zombies. "Yup that's Tim... and Jim... and Bob... and Josiah... and Edith..."

+ I must have spent half an hour getting dressed and make upped as a Harpy, only to walk toward the field of betrayal... and run into Draug. He was so polite and nice to my glaring Harpy, and he was all alone... I made the mistake of trying to dominate him and missing my tag bag and then DED three seconds later. Awhoops.

+ Buzzers who captured a waspoid with Amanda was hilarious and amazing. JUSTIZZZZZZZZ!!!! Temperance's reaction was great. "Just to be clear.... you're killing "boys"? You mean just waspoids? Have at it!"

+ I got to lead an undead horde into town but no one was there. Dan Wraith wraithed the inn and a lot of people dissipated. I had abominated rot harbingers and all kinds of crazy powerful stuff in my army. Then Damien unhallowed the Inn and we super killed Dwyn

+ Just as the adventurers came back and my undead minions were fighting them I went over to Dwyn's body and yelled, "THIS IS YOUR PRICE, PINEDALE! BY THE POWER OF DARKNESS I CAST RE-- AAAAGGHHH!!!" Reaver NINJA-ED the SHIT out of me, stabbing me in the back before I could finish the spell and I died. It was magical.

+ Then Richard army crawled over and reached over my body toward MK and accidentally dumped a chunk of mud and dirt down my dress and into my mouth. All of us were rolling on the ground laughing uncontrollably, it was hilarious.

+ Being told my Mike that my necromancer was scary as shit. I've never gotten to be the necromancer before, I'm always the skeleton, and I was worried I didn't do a good enough job being evil. Thank you to everyone who complimented me and told me I did a good job!

- My boots finally crapped out and my feet were soaking wet all shift.

PCing 2nd shift

+ Luckily I had my new Sandlar boots and they were AMAZING, best purchase ever

+ Boots helped me level up SEVEN times. 3 points away from mastering Resto!!!!!

+ Really good RP with Narene about growing as a medium even if there aren't spirits around. "It's not necessarily a lifestyle, it's a tool. Just because you may not use it often does not make it any less useful."

+ Two seconds later the tables were turned and Lori got to be the teacher for the first time as Sorien asked for advice.

+ This is amazing for another reason: Josh played the NPC who gave Lori the sight, and now his PC has it too and the two of them bonded over it.

+ The plot with Terridan. THE PLOT. WITH TERRIDAN. GODDAMNIT I CRIED AGAIN I WAS TRYING SO HARD NOT TO. Ohhhh my god when he gave her the cloak and they hugged my heart was breaking for Lori and Terridan. Seeing him alive at the end of it and their moment where Lori got to tell Terridan he's been a good man in her experience even if he thinks he isn't one.... THE F%$#ING CHILLS. (I'll be posting in my blog about this, so if you weren't there I'll divulge details in the blog post)

+ Krod's reaction and judgement for Terridan. Alex roleplayed that so smoothly and so damn well. I really think Alex is playing Krod's character development incredibly well and I'm proud of his roleplaying skills and Krod's growth into an established septon of Pinedale

+ Oz knowing exactly what to say to Lori.... again. He tried to get her to go outside during the execution but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Until he came back and said "Lori... Trust your husband." After I dropped character I hugged Guile so tight xD Oz and Lori have a strange and wonderful friendship.

+ The plot with the old man his granddaughter and the ghost. I loved it in particular because it required Lori and Krod to use their talents together to communicate with the ghost, convince the man to repent for the sins of his life, and then do a burial ceremony for him. Maggie's NPC told Lori she had a bright spark and it made me so happy.

+ Dave H's septon. Usually I see Dave play barbarian type characters, but this was the first time I actually saw him play a wise vleanoan septon, and he sat and talked with us about what we do to help the Temple and where our priorities were. It was a great scene and I felt privileged to see more of Dave's RP skills

+ The totem of resilience for the Temple is BAD ASS. we can go and FIGHT things now and not DIE!

+ Getting to kick ass in the orc fight. I got legged and Dwyn jumped in right behind me to watch my back.

+ Hanging out with a new member of the Temple, Bede (/ meeting Nick Caldwell in person finally. We've encountered each other before but not like formally met and stuff xD)

- Couldn't stay later than 2nd shift because of Mother's Day and life, so I missed out on Lori asking Valora to help her train with her sword, or hanging out with Dwyn more on 2nd. Next time!

- Leaving behind our remaining Temple Party members sad.gif But on a good note, Cass set up a super cute and pretty shrine in place of the regular one so the Temple could still function while we were gone. Lori thinks Cass will make a great septon!

- Vanderkamp looks like crap and I'm sad sad.gif(( But hopefully the new place will be much better.

+++++++++ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS+++++++++++

I adored this event and I'm stupid excited for June!

I just want to start this with saying I had a fantastic event.

NPC 1st:

+ PCs buying candy from a stranger and only half of them checking it for poison and so many people just assuming it was poisoned. Sometimes a thing is exactly what it says on the tin. ;)

+ PCs respecting Status of NPCs. As a long time player this makes me happy.

+ Troll fight down by the bridge. My only fighting role of the night and it was a blast. The troll RP while the PCs tried to figure out how to handle us was entertaining.

PC shifts:

+ Spent the early part of the morning sharing drinks with Sona and Sorien because we lived another year.

+ Having it out with Oz over slaves in town and actually reaching an agreement. "OZ! You have things to answer for!" There are, in fact, flexible elves on that topic and it was good to clear the air at least a little and get that taken care of.

+ Recentering. Sometimes the quiet conversations are the best for getting a PC back on track.

+ Getting dragged out to fight waspoids and being so confused as to why, then figuring it out they just wanted me for my crossbow. ;)

+ Micah's ritual in the Owl and Ore. So much confusion, so much internal chuckling.

+Eating and drinking a lot as the key to not succumbing to absolute exhaustion and pain.

Raiko would be the name smile.gif

+First shift went by in a blur.

+New plate bracers and greaves!

+Second shift GMing went as smoothly as it could! Always grateful to enthusiastic NPCs.

+My favorite plot sent out as a GM was the werewolf cult. Led to an excellent fight in front of Logistics.

+Hanging out with the Wardens, a genuinely good group of PCs if not an entirely appropriate fit for Valora.

+Mycanoids + bow assassin. I got dropped, but it was still fun.

+Nox worshipper parade. Excellent combat.

+One of Valora's potential converts returning. Needing to kill, reap, and burn the body.

+Raul the courtesan's excellent footrub. 10/10 would pay 20 coin again.

+The above was worth the werewolf ambush in the inn. No regrets.

+Cairnhold fight. Good, clean fighting... except the headshot I delivered to Amy. Sorry Amy! I owe you a milkshake!

+RPing with Baldi, bickering all day until...

+Nox shrine plot, which was all good, clean fighting too and then...

+Arguing with the rest of the assembled fighters when Valora did her thing and revived a Nox worshipper, then Dominated him to send him sprinting back to the temple. The plan? Medusa's Kiss of course, but everyone was getting on Valora's case, so...

+Things finally came to a head and ended in a shoving-screaming, chest-bumping match with Baldisere. I know I can always trust Pat with my RP, no matter how intense it needs to get.

+Wandering away from the group as we headed back to down, abandoning the Medusa's Kiss plan, and breaking down crying in the middle of the field. Valora's feeling helpless, but Amanda needed to get some stuff out, too.

-The chafing... ooohhh LAWD the chafing...

It's okay!! Though it was startling it wasn't the worst hit I got hit with that event!

My thanks to the angry vlenoan in the inn who got up in my grill, trying to pick a fight. If not for you, that hitchhiking beetle in my beard would have stayed put for much longer than (only) the walk back from lootsville. :)

- Making more friends IC and getting to know more folks OOC.

- Discussions over a blunted down Nox worshipper. "Nox is anathema to what we do as healers." And later from Reaver, "Thank you for Stunning her so she wasn't awake when she died."

- Watching Berryl conduct bidness. Her entrepreneur-ship is in epic levels. smile.gif

- Necromancer calls out town. I shout out the Inn door, "NO ONE'S HERE!" and magic lock the door. Tell Dan-wraith it's magic-locked while trying to tie the ribbon on it. He says, "It's ok, I'll wait. Hehehehe."

- Same group of NPCs Unhallows the Inn and I absolutely don't get a dissipate off in time. Open door to Inn. "The step's broken, so just let me get down there and then you can all pummel me to death."

- Reaver flying out of the darkness and stabbing Chloe/Necromancer in the back as she's casting Reap Spirit on me. He's a Big Damn Hero! Then he accidentally shoved a wad of dirt and leaves in her mouth while KBing her from underneath the porch. Less heroic, but super hilarious. biggrin.gif

- Hearing that Therion apparently thought Reaver had killed me and taken my axe Saturday morning. Sleeping in could've gotten my friend elf-murdered. ohmy.gif

- Just so you guys know, when you see me dancing between dead orcs and/or undead, I'm singing the Song of the Gong and reaping all the sparks. Best investment ever!

Amazing event! Thanks to all my fellow staffers and the GM's.

+Having Dave H as GM on my NPC shift is awesome!

(Sorry that my boots crapped out, I'll make sure to double check that I have both pairs next month)

+ Having an extra clothes rack for wet garb rocked.

+Amanda, Rachael, and I make an awesome team on 2nd shift.

+Elf assassin - had so much fun sneaking around town eves dropping while looking for my target. Draug got the drop on me, but I still got off the first shot. Apparently elves aren't supposed to hunt elves, who knew?

+Amazing weather on Saturday.

+PC'ed for all but the last half hour of my 2nd PC shift - that is a big win for me because I've only been able to handle 1 PC shift for the last 5 months.

+Fighting werewolves with Ivan and later with Baldaserie and Ferrous.

+ Watching them argue with Amanda's new PC was so much fun.

+Clean up went smoothly. Thanks to the 4th shift crew for being so organized.

My thanks to the angry vlenoan in the inn who got up in my grill, trying to pick a fight. If not for you, that hitchhiking beetle in my beard would have stayed put for much longer than (only) the walk back from lootsville. :)/>

Hey if the local punk can't help wrangle beetles who can? :)

NPC 1:

++ 4 Trolls and a Kazvak walk into the woods. I almost got to perma-kill my first PC by eating his heart. Got to watch someone be the "big damn hero" of the night by running across a dangerous, excessively slippery bridge, fighting me away from the corpse, and then dissipating the corpse and themselves, before sneaking away with it once we weren't focused on them. Props to them.

++ "Eating heart 1! I'm sorry, man... Eating heart 2! I'm so sorry... Eating heart 3!"

++ "Out of character: you know that canine is the language you speak, right?" "::GROWL::" Jimmy troll: "He not have to reply."

NPC 2:

++ So much fun hiding behind a wood pile while using Mycanoids as a trap for PCs. Got to troll Pat a bit by dissipating whenever he came after me, while putting arrows into people. Got to troll Pat a bit more by making him sprint in armor just before Ley Lines. Love you, Pat.

NPC 3:

++ The bandit bridge bickering fight. It's my bridge, damn it, and it's been in my family for decades! Kerrie looked so mad IC when I shot her in the arm.

-- Throwing out my back on the way to said bandit bridge bickering fight, and then deciding "f it, I'm already out here, I'm following through with the plot". Ended up gimped the rest of the night.

NPC 4:

-- Still being in bad pain, even after 3 types of pain relievers.

++ Due to not really being able to leave logistics, I got to learn a bunch about makeup and learned how to apply it for different effects and how to clean the spray system. Neat!