Sign in to follow this  
toptom4321

NPC Roles

What are the different NPC Rolls that are available to be taken? I'm planning to come for my first time this year with some friends and we're curious what's available.

Different roles all the time! There are tons of creative plots happening every shift! You don't need to sign up in advance or anything for roles, you'll end up playing a variety of different things and having a blast. In the logistics building all the people playing NPCs gather and then the GM will say, "I need three bandits and one farmer," and people will volunteer and get dressed in appropriate garb, then the GM might say, "I need three rat people (Skavens) and four darkness worshipers!" Then the GM will give the volunteers their loot and a bit of directions/a plot and they'll head out into Maplewood and run with it, improvising as they go. If it's your first event, you'll always have a lead NPC in your group, helping you along, giving you background information, and letting you know what to do. Logistics feels to me like a theater's backstage area with everyone getting dressed and into makeup and masks.

In general, there are monsters/creatures/undead/bandits or villagers/farmers/people-in-need or darkness worshipers or elves or travelers or... the list boggles the imagination!

Example creatures: Orcs, Drakes/lizard people, Skavens/rat people, Kazvaks/dog people, Yebs/large bugs, Pisceans/fish people, elementals, Buzzers/bee people and Waspoids/wasp people... Just be flexible and willing to help and you'll have fun!

And don't worry, they will fill you in on any and all details you need. They'll give you stats and advise you of the main focus of each encounter. Know the rulebook, but other details you can ask help for. And you'll discuss some details with those folks you go out with.

Alright, sounds cool to me! If they take you for an NPC role will they lend pieces of garb to help you better fit that role?

We require a basic layer of garb to participate in our game.

a generic tunic, some passable boots, and even a pair of dark colored sweatpants can sometimes fill this although we encourage a little more enthusiasm than the bare minimum.

if you have any questions or concerns about your first game and the stuff youll need you're free to privet message myself or any of the marshals listed on our main website.

In terms of npc'ing , we run npcs out of a logistics building which is absolutely FILLED with masks, weapons, makeup, and garb for any noc role you may need to fill!