Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Leather Goods!

To raise some money for the MVGC, the members have decided to band together and go into the leather business. Starting at the June event, and each event after that, there will be an MVGC member with a table set up at Vanderkamp from about 6 PM to 10 PM on Friday nights.

Right now, we plan to keep the following in stock:

Bracers

Greaves

Ring belts

Buckle belts

Belt pouches

Drawstring pouches

Sword scabbards

Ring scabbards

Tankard straps

Potion holders

We will try and have a variety of items with lots of choices at a variety of price points. Obviously, we won't be able to have everything everyone wants all the time, so we will still take custom orders (with a 50% deposit). Custom orders can be anything you want, including torso armor. If you want something special, we can produce it - just talk to us.

If there are other items you want, be it latex weapons, garb, or anything else LARP-related, please let us know. We have a tax ID number, and aren't afraid to use it. ;)

We also will be running two raffles at every event - a 50/50 cash raffle and a raffle for a free leathercrafted item. Tickets for the 50/50 are $3 each, or 5 for $10. Tickets for the free leather item will be $2 each, with one automatic entry with each purchase.

We hope that you will support this endeavor. With rising oil costs, the MVGC's rent and heat costs have increased significantly in the last year, so we're looking for ways to keep the lights on.

I hope we can provide something you guys are interested in. We've got a half dozen guys anxious to make whatever you need, and working under master Hivemind's supervision and training.

I'll try and find at least one item to buy to help the cause out. I wouldn't want you guys to have to try and play Dragonlance or whatever game in the dark and cold.

I know this venture is just getting started, but can you give us an idea on prices? That way people can be prepared or save so they can get the item/s they want.

Other than that it sounds like it should benefit both MVGC and KoN. Good luck

Pricing should be at or less than what I already charge. Simple stuff like belt scabbards and drawstring pouches will be $10-$15, simple vambraces $15-$25, belts $15-$25, etc. I have a pattern for heavy leather greaves that I think we can sell for $60 a pair.

This stuff will be somewhat plainer and less ornate than some of the stuff I do. Think of it as "munitions grade leather" and you'll be good.

As of now, we should have the following available:

1x 2" ring belt

2x 2" buckle belt

1x 1" buckle belt

1x 1" ring belt

2x studded heavy leather vambraces

6x studded light leather vambraces

6x light leather belt pouches

4x right-handed belt sheath

2x left handed belt sheath

8x single potion holders

1x studded heavy leather greaves

That's what we got done tonight. Might be we'll bang out some more tomorrow night, we're planning on going at it again. If we do, I'll update again.

Oh, and the Raffle items will be a blue belt that casts the second level spell of your choice once per game day, and a blue tabard with a white 7-pointed star front and back that casts the second level spell of your choice once per game day. These could also cast two first level spells, or the same first level spell twice, whatever, it's up to you - I can put whatever you want in them. I'm blowing all my personal Craft points to do this for this month.

How much are the sheaths? If it fits my dagger/sword I'll take one. Just want to make sure I have the funds with me. Also, it will be fun seeing if I can get the thing to fit on that massive captains belt.....

The sheaths should fit on at least a 3" belt. If they don't fit, we can certainly make you a larger one. They should be around $15 each.

I think thats about the size of my belt. I'll have the money Friday.

We sold a pile of things, but we also saw a lot of people hemming and hawing over details, or price, or stuff not fitting their slender wrists.

What are you guys interested in? We're doing this to serve you, so we'll do just about anything. Bracers, belts, armor, handcuffs... erm, whatever you need.

If you're not sure how to describe the awesome greaves on your dreams, PM me and I'll get you the answers you seek.

What can we do for you?

I'm looking for some upper arm armor. Not spaulders, but upper arms, like this:

LE14056%20Small.jpg

It would be leather base, with overlapping metal plates. I used to be able to find these online, but now that I actually have the $$ for them, they are no where to be found. As long as you guys can beat what was the price for them when they were available, I'll take a pair. I have a 17" bicep, with 7" from inside the elbow to the bottom of the shoulder.

Selling stuff next month.. I need another belt looking for black.

Leather drinking bottles might be cool, but they're a pita to make I think? Leather tankards?

Restraints/bindings would be cool for town watch types.

I think leather armor might go. Scale mail is dead sexy. Ringmail too.

Bandoliers? Think chewbacca here.

Leather book covers that look ancient and arcane?

Would folks pay cash for this stuff?

/brainstorming

Restraints/bindings would be cool for town watch types.
I knew we should go for the S&M market!

Armor is cool, but most people would rather custom-order something than pick it off a table.

I want a few stiff leather rectangular belt pouches, similar to the ones Dave got online, but wider. (like each pouch being like 4" wide, instead of 2 2" wide pouches together. I could use like 3 of these, maybe 4.

How much would it run to have a potion holder made that holds 5 - 6 potion bottles? I'm looking into getting one soonish.

I thought having all the goods there was awesome, sadly i had no extra money. If the same thing is going on in July i will be saving some money! :(

I thought having all the goods there was awesome, sadly i had no extra money. If the same thing is going on in July i will be saving some money! :(

It will be going on every month, if we can help it.

I think I've PMed the three or four of you who have requests, if you didn't get something from me asking for details, or if I sent anything to the wrong people, PM me or post here and I'll take care of it.

Those studded greaves looked way nice, if they fit me I think I'll get them next event. A sheath for the elven steel gladius might be nice too, one that can be worn either on the side or across my back.

Those studded greaves looked way nice, if they fit me I think I'll get them next event.

I think all the stuff that did not sell is on eBay now.

I think all the stuff that did not sell is on eBay now.

Randy, if you're interested in a pair of greaves like that, send me a PM and we can whip another set out to your specs. We could also do a pair out of a solid piece (like cambrin's, if you've seen his) but the lorica effect is certainly doable again.

September Orders

Will have all of the following at the September event. Please ensure you have full payment.

-- New leather add-on shoulders ++ Steve A. ++ free

-- Steel shoulders on black leather mantle ++ AJ ++ paid in trade

-- Studded black leather bracers ++ Sarah H. ++ free, covering for Felix's worthless ass

-- Studding on leather greaves ++ Scotty Travis ++ $25

-- Black leather kidney belt ++ Jimmy V. ++ $60

-- Sheath for Palnatoke longsword, brown w/ blue lining ++ Rich H. ++ $80

-- Hard leather pouches, black, three ++ Rich H. ++ $90

If you're expecting something from me and it's not on the list, best speak up fast. I'm doing leatherwork all weekend, but after Monday I'm done.

Thanks!

OK, all of the above is done. Here's a few pics:

belt1.jpg

shoulders.jpg

greaves1.jpg

greaves2.jpg

greaves3.jpg

greaves4.jpg

PS. Those greaves are for sale. :) (And they're 4-point armor)