Jake

"How come we don't have an alchemical compound that..."

I thought the errata changed 'pierce' to 'slay' according to the following errata:

"Piercing Dart is renamed Slaying Dart, call is '4 Slay'."

or is it just for that particular spell? I was familiar with the original 4 poison pierce call,... I was just trying to use the right terminology.

EDIT: why am I quoting you ... lol you posted the errata.

I thought the errata changed 'pierce' to 'slay' according to the following errata:

"Piercing Dart is renamed Slaying Dart, call is '4 Slay'."

or is it just for that particular spell? I was familiar with the original 4 poison pierce call,... I was just trying to use the right terminology.

EDIT: why am I quoting you ... lol you posted the errata.

That was just an error with that spell, because the name was from a draft before we solidified the damage calls. It was always supposed to be a "Slay" or anti-monstrous dart, and the name was changed to avoid confusion.

Oh ok. I'm confused then on the difference between pierce and slay. Does pierce ignore armor, and slay ignores monstrous AND armor?

pierce ignores armor. Slay ignores monstrous

For example: random kazvac has 6 body monstrous. So from any attack he only takes 1 damage.

someone comes along and hits him for "4 slay" then the kazvac takes all 4 damage, regardless of his monstrous nature.

If the next attack isn't a "slay" attack, the he will go back to taking 1 damage from any source.