Trinity

Chainmail Goodies for Sale

I figured I'd throw this out now - now that me and one of my partners in crime is on the forums anyways. Seraph, his wife Tam, and I make chain-mail goodies. Generally things like bags (think dice bags but they can be used for anything), and various jewelry bits. Aaron Chapin will eventually have some of the pieces so if we can't make an event soon, bug him about looking at some OTHER examples.

I'll throw out a few examples with prices here and shove you all in the direction of the site.

image00015yq3.jpg This dice bag holds, comfortably, 35 - 40 dice. It closes the best, however, with 35 dice give or take a couple. It is made out of aluminum rings (Silver and Purple) and can be drawn closed with any string like material (Suede, etc) It is made with 16 Gauge, 5/16ths of an inch rings and is, as pictured, closed with a simple orange ribbon. Although we have a few other random choices for closing. I just had a ribbon lying around for the picture. It costs $35.00 - for both time and effort and materials. Patterns can be customized per request, of course, as can the general size.

image00005pl4.jpgThis necklace was inspired by the Celtic Knots, it only helps that I'm part Irish. The necklace is 13 inches in length, with the options of making it longer or shorter as needed. It is made of 16 Gauge 5/16ths of an inch Aluminum rings and 18 Gauge 1/4th of an inch Aluminum rings. We do have a few other color patterns to choose from, as well as the pattern can be made into a cloak clasp, charm, earrings or a bracelet even. This one is also $35.00

image00122wx6.jpgThis is an 8 inch bracelet made with a four-in-one pattern with three colors to the pattern. It is made with 18 Gauge 3/16ths of an inch silver, blue and black colored Aluminum rings. As always it can be customized for length and colors. It is $10.00

Full Chainmail Catalog

My Email is: Rogue@ekarmorers.com

Seraph's is: Seraph@ekmartialarts.com

You can reach me via AIM, too, as I'm almost always on. the nothing gyspy is my handle. It's easier to catch me online than it is to catch Seraph. Any questions? Comments? Orders? Ideas? Let us know!!

Nice work!

Do you roll your own, or are those Ringlord rings?

You can reach me via AIM, too, as I'm almost always on. the nothing gyspy is my handle. It's easier to catch me online than it is to catch Seraph. Any questions? Comments? Orders? Ideas? Let us know!!

Is that "the Nothing" as in: Neverending Story?

We roll our stainless steel links and Seraph cuts them.

The anodized aluminum we've been buying from Ringlord. Also our rubber rings we get from there. I love those guys. B)

We're looking into getting bronze wire and some other wires from there to roll on our own.

And we're working on cutting more stainless steel.

Thank you, by the by for the compliment.

Is that "the Nothing" as in: Neverending Story?

Nah, it's not that cool. One of my old nicknames was "Gypsy" and I was in a depressed mood one day and out popped a screen name "The Nothing Gypsy". It wrapped up how i was feeling then it just stuck. B)

I too, love that whole ringlord site.

I lie to myself and say that at some point I'll nab some rings and ring up some silver necklaces, but that plan doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

I too, love that whole ringlord site.

I lie to myself and say that at some point I'll nab some rings and ring up some silver necklaces, but that plan doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

We just finished some sterling silver rings! Those will be up for sale eventually. Once i get a good camera to shoot new pictures with. I'm looking at buying scales to make jewelry with too.

And Dren, hahahaha!! B)

Just a suggestion - consider branching out into stuff like aventails, coifs and shirts. B)

Just a suggestion - consider branching out into stuff like aventails, coifs and shirts. :)

*points to the various chainmail armor bits behind her* We would but it's soooo time consuming. I think, on par with late night talks, we might start doing shirts and the like again. Just means i actually have to learn to weave with 4 in 1. I can't. I can do all my pretty complex patterns (I did the Celtic necklace and anything on the site labeled by Irish) but not simple. Bah! :)

*EDIT* I suppose we'll be doing shirts. Someone just said he wanted to do one again. So. That'll be up sometime. Or be worn. Or something. B) Ah. We can make ChainMail mug holders too!!

Heh OK so I really am itching to start making shirts again...

It's been a while... A LONG while... The last shirt I made we made was back in High School and was sold to a guy in Germany. The last major armor piece I made was a King's Maille Coif in college... Heavy bugger that turned out to be...

I think I'll pick up some Stainless and finally make myself a shirt... B)

Guest Elrohir Amandil

I'm not looking to order currently but I'm hoping you guys stick around since these might make dandy garb pieces for magic items in game, especially with the blue rings all in there. Those are really attractive looking pieces so I hope I'll need something like that for myself (or my character's clients) one day.

I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon!! Plus there are more styles and colors, if you end up eventually wanting something specific. I think we're the most custom-friendly people I've met.

But yeah! We'll be here!

time + effort VS reward, jewelry wins VS armor, hands-down.

chainmail shirt takes $50 in materials, plus hours upon hours, and sells for what, $200?

Silver earrings, which may only contain a dozen rings, $15 in materials, sell easily for $40+.

*shrug*

A shirt of blue rings with brass accents is worth about $300 to me...

Did anyone mention yet that this group spent over $11,000 on garb this summer?

We are not shy about shelling out $$ for our hobby. Apparently.

Blue -n- brass is dead sexy.

My ex boyfriend had biata (bird race) symbols in his chain mail... they were fairly flowy... your symbols is very pi like... would think it would be easy... but then again... I have only watched chainmaile be made for years not ever done it myself....

Price is why we don't make armor anymore. We usually set prices based on time to create at $10 an hour. Meaning if we go slower than average we earn less and earn more if we go faster.

It would be hard to make a plain full size hauberk for $300 by hand. You can buy them at that price easy. Even the from The Ring Lords where we buy our colored metals from. Those shirtseven come spot welded so they are stronger.

I do like the idea of a blue and brass hauberk though! ^_^

Now on a side note I used to ONLY make my own links. I'll have to try again with precut links and see how long it takes!

And doing patterns isn't exactly hard, depending on the pattern. It's usually easy enough to sketch out. We have a bag started with a Smiley Face. ^_^

holy shit! 5/32" welded stainless shirt of chain, $260

Rediculousness!

holy shit! 5/32" welded stainless shirt of chain, $260

Rediculousness!

Where?

:D And that's why hand making shirts REALLY isn't very cost effective anymore. NC machines are beautiful things, but personally I prefer handmade. Benefits of my mother being an art teacher and into crafting things.