Trinity

Chainmail Goodies for Sale

Should "welded" anything be considered usable in Novitas? Something tells me they didn't have the tools for that back in the day... lol

Should "welded" anything be considered usable in Novitas? Something tells me they didn't have the tools for that back in the day... lol

back in the day when you could heal someone's sucking chest wound with a touch, shoot fireballs out of your eyes and become immune to swords for ten minutes at a time?

:D

they'd make for a sweet in-game magic item. "special Elven chain"

That's why I want a shirt of blue rings with brass accents. :angry:

I'm sure we'll be offering them soon enough! Considering Seraph's working on his as soon as the rings get ordered and shipped! The pain. So. Yes. I'm sure we're going to be doing shirts. A blue shirt with brass accents would look awesome.

Those shirts are 22ga. but the rings are so tight and that they are welded makes them just as strong for durability purposes as the heavy stuff... Mithril.

Monstrous chain? >_>

Nope. Just lighter, comfier chain that can be worn under clothes. I don't that it will be allowed, but I'm thinking about it as a magic item.

I think it would be best on a hobbit and we dont allow those little thieving bastards in our game.

I think it would be best on a hobbit and we dont allow those little thieving bastards in our game.

hey, wait a minute...

Wow. I just got a quote for an anodized blue aluminum shirt with some brass accents: $1200 + shipping.

Anyone care to submit a competing bid?

Wow. I just got a quote for an anodized blue aluminum shirt with some brass accents: $1200 + shipping.

Yeah, us bigger guys can be costly just in materials. I checked out buying enough anodized rings to make myself a good hauberk and was looking at almost $600 in materials. Guess I still gotta wait to win the lottery so I can splurge and get the titanium links...

On the other hand, if a few of us went in on an order and got a large order, we could probably pull enough in to get a pretty substantial bulk order discount...

Wonder if you can anodize already-ringed chainmail...

Doesn't seem like you could, unless you kept it in constant motion in the bath. *Shrug* hmm.

Wonder if you can anodize already-ringed chainmail...

That would be "already woven" chainmail... :P

That would be "already woven" chainmail... :P

see this, this is my eyes rolling around in my head. :(

Thanks for the lingo-fix though.

I'll ask Seraph when he gets up if he could price out a bid. I'm sure we can get it under that.

In fairness, I need it to be about 50% under that, or it's just not worth it to me. $1200 puts me in full articulated blued plate. $600 buys me a pretty pimp blued cuirass and spaulders.

That quote for the anodized Blue and brass. What were the dimensions? Was it

a long/short/sleeveless piece? Mid thigh or waist length? What was the guage

and inner diameter of the links?

We're going to be making armor using 16 ga with 5/16 or 3/8 diameter.

Obviously the larger diameter would reduce the cost, but I don't know how

strong it would be with aluminum.

I doubt I'd be able to get under the $600 mark for a full hauberk though. There's just too much labor required. Plate is actually quicker to piece together if one can get machined plates they can really sell for less. I want to start making plate, but I currently would still have to make things by hand so again it's not cost effective to sell.

I won't be able to give a proper estimate until after I make my own shirt. As I mentioned I have to see just how much time is saved if I use the precut links rather than making my own. Heh one benefit of using precut is the distinct lack of burrs that tend to appear in hand cut links!

That quote was for a 50" chest, 36" long shirt, 16" diameter 12" long sleeves.

I'd be interested in a deep blue box-pattern necklace (all blue) as well as one in something bright and shiny. They'd have to be pretty long though (like 26" each). Give me an idea of price, and I'll let you know...

If you guys would consider it in the future, I may be interested in a scale aventail, made with the scales on Ringlord. I should have the helmet it would go on by the November event. It'll have a chain aventail on it, but I like the idea of a scale aventail for the future... I'll have to think on that one... (I expect it would be pricey.)

I'd be interested in a deep blue box-pattern necklace (all blue) as well as one in something bright and shiny. They'd have to be pretty long though (like 26" each). Give me an idea of price, and I'll let you know...

If you guys would consider it in the future, I may be interested in a scale aventail, made with the scales on Ringlord. I should have the helmet it would go on by the November event. It'll have a chain aventail on it, but I like the idea of a scale aventail for the future... I'll have to think on that one... (I expect it would be pricey.)

I'll get you a quote on the necklaces shortly - waiting on my partner-in-crime to get back to me. (he pays for all the materials sooo i figured I'd double check with him). I'll also talk with him about the aventail. I love the scales from Ringlord!! ^.^ I'm buying some for myself shortly. But i just wanted to give you a reply to let you know we did see this and i'll have information to you very shortly!!

O.o Chainmail ... I just made a 8-2 juggling ball out of 3/8 inch rings =D

O.o Chainmail ... I just made a 8-2 juggling ball out of 3/8 inch rings =D

Stop giving me ideas!!! I want juggling balls too... 3 of them... I can juggle. They'd have to be rather cheap though cause my typical juggling objects cost about $1 each (not that I'd expect them to be that cheap).

Haha! I can't juggle to save my life >.