Sign in to follow this  
Vincent McFathom

Boots! Everyone needs boots!

I have a pair of size 11 boots that unfortunately do not fit me, as they don't make wide widths, and I have flat feet. VERY flat feet. From what I could feel, they would be quite comfortable on someone with the right size feet. They are brand new, and still in box. Heck, one of them is still in the plastic. I paid $58 for them including shipping. I'm asking for an even $50 for them. Great for the beginner, or for someone that needs a spare pair.

wolthuis.jpg

If you can find a local cobbler that is willing to put more durable soles on these, you can make them last a few years. For the price, they're not too shabby. I used to have a pair (actually, I still have them but they're pretty beat up these days).

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Erf, too bad I wear size 12W or 13 or I'd take you up on that.

I know it doesn't apply in this instance but is the boots-for-XP thing still in effect? I was talking to the two new Oswego people and I didn't know the answer to that. I'll probably look up Son of Sandlar over the summer when I can save up some money for a better pair of boots than my current pair.

Boots for XP is a permanent thing. I highly recommend going out to the NY Renn Faire (as opposed to Sterling) and picking up boots there. They're WAY cheaper than having them shipped.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

That is the plan. I used to live downstate so I always went to the Sterling Forest Ren Faire (as opposed to Sterling, blah). I really didn't like the Sterling boot vendor so I'm excited to see what they have downstate.

Thanks.

PA renn fair Pa renn fair!!! we go every year, it is much bigger.

Never gone to the NY one, I'll have to think about it.

AJ I'm thinking about them. I'd kind of like to see them before I decide to buy them though. I wear a 10-10.5 in mens normally so if they're 11's I'd have to see if they would just be too big for me.

They will be brought to May event, but if someone pays for them before that, they obviously will be off the table. If that happens, you will be informed.

I wear size 10, 10.5 shoes so they might work for me. But sarah, if they fit you better you can take them.

Hi AJ,

I usually wear something between an 11 and 12, so I'd be interested in taking a look at these as well...last game caught me playing in steel-toe chainsawing boots, grrrr. I really want something I can easily run in =)

8ft Mike