Sign in to follow this  
Jenica

Kristine's accident

Information is very sparse right now, but Kristine was in an accident this week, and was badly hurt. She's currently out of the ICU, but not yet done with surgeries. All of you who believe in the power of prayer, now's the time.

As people are able to talk to her directly, we'll share information with her friends here. For now, this is all secondhand, so it's vague on purpose. I don't want to report anything that's inaccurate.

Good Lord.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Give her a hug from me. Or at least the sentiment of one if she's unable to receive hugs.

I'm going to try and get up to see her, but without a car that's hard.

But I hope we get where she's at so we can send flowers and cards.

It's going to be a long, hard recovery and she'll need the sentiments!

Any idea what hospital was she admitted to?

Hugs and well wish from me! I will be thinking of her!

has anyone found out which hospital she is in? we want to go see her.

She is in Upstate. I'll probably go see her today.

Give her our good wishes, please. Lee and I can't really get out there right now.

If you could get a room number so we can send things that'd be fantastic!

Julie, if she's allowed visitors please let us know if she wants visitors. Thanks.

Julie, if she's allowed visitors please let us know if she wants visitors. Thanks.

Absolutely this. She may not be ready to see anyone yet.

Kristine is awake and happy to get visitors. Her mood is pretty good, even though she is in a lot of pain with her leg.

She is a little loopy being on all the painkillers, but she is talking and eating and off any big machines. Things have much improved.

Visiting hours are 9:00-9:00. Visiting info can be found here.

Awesome to hear she is doing OK!!

Hope all continues to go well, keep us updated please!!

Thank God she's doing ok.

EDIT: Uptade - I was just in to see her, since I happen to be in Syracuse right now. She's awake and has her uncle with her. Still groggy, but she's been able to keep a tally of who's been to visit her so far. She said "they haven't fixed it yet" when she mentioned her leg, so I guess she has further surgeries.

We went last night. She has a great support system out there and we got to meet some family. They said she has already improved so much in just 5 days. Her mom said when we came she just was so thrilled to see her smile and laugh a little. It is going to be a long road to recovery, I am thankfull she made it. She was really thankfull and appriciatie of the much concern and love she has received from all us KoN peeps.

I saw Kristine again tonight. Doing better still. They've moved her out of the ICU, but she's still going to be in the hospital another couple of weeks. Ya'll have plenty of time to visit. :)

Guest Elrohir Amandil

If anyone from around here is heading down to see her from Oswego I would like to tag along. I'm so broke my discretionary funds are being directed to the FP this weekend. I'd like to throw in my well wishings and if there is a card to sign at the FP then I would like to add my signature.

A card is a good idea, Alex.

I have been stopping to visit after work, since the hospital is within walking distance from my office, so I am not useful to carpool down with, sorry. :)

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Tell you guys what. Since in hindsight my last post sounded incredibly cheap of me I'll pick out a nice card for someone to send over to Kristine. I'll bring it to the FP along with some drinks and etc.

I visited Kristine last week, and was wondering how things are going..

I know she was supposed to have surgery, or at least an update on things either monday or yesterday.

I know she's got a laptop in the hospital with her now, she may be in recovery currently if she isn't posting an update...