Sign in to follow this  
Randy071198

Wouldn't it be cool if...character returns

Night's Children are pretty hardcore what with all their night ops and rituals trying to bring an avatar into the mortal physical realm. So I was wondering wouldn't it be cool if the Night's Children decided to resurrect a dead and gone PC (i.e. Lord Vex) for one battle or a plot hook?

If the late lord vex wasn't final rested, all kinds of goodies may in store for his corpse.

He was beaten down, healed, blunted down, drowned, and Final Rested.

He was beaten down, healed, blunted down, drowned, and Final Rested.

Well, that was thorough.

Who knows? If someone takes it and runs with it, it's a good idea. If not, then...

Well, that was thorough.

Yes it was a terribly tragic accident. ;)

-Brian

Funny, I hear that Vex died after his duel with Doolin, as was proper. I'm sure you're all mistaken about any other incident.

Part of the trouble of bringing back dead PCs is that it can be a pain to haul three sets of garb to game (1 PC, 1 NPC, 1 former PC). It's not something we'd ever do on the fly. I hope.

Part of the trouble of bringing back dead PCs is that it can be a pain to haul three sets of garb to game (1 PC, 1 NPC, 1 former PC). It's not something we'd ever do on the fly. I hope.

True I'd hope that a situation like this would never come up:

GM: "Drew, go be the ghost of Drace and do X."

Drew: "... I don't have anything of his garb with me."

GM: "uhh..."

Bringing back the dead should be something planned for so a player has time to prepare like Drew is saying. I'm sure we all know this though. Sometimes I just like stating the obvious.

-Brian

For example, I tend to jettison a lot of my last PC's gear. For example, I couldn't really ever do Adimo again (aside from the fact that he got Final Mumbled) because his armor went to Rick King, who dyed it black and is using it for his PC now.

That's actually Atticus' incant.

"By Adimo's tortured soul, I cast Final Mumble!"

umm i was killed drowned but there was never a final rest cast on me as far as i knew, unless being drowned in a puddle for eternity is final rest but i may be wrong was i final rested i personally don't remember it being cast on me it may just be a mind blank of mine from Drews kickassery that he bestowed me with lol

umm i was killed drowned but there was never a final rest cast on me as far as i knew, unless being drowned in a puddle for eternity is final rest but i may be wrong was i final rested i personally don't remember it being cast on me it may just be a mind blank of mine from Drews kickassery that he bestowed me with lol

I Final Rested Vex after the drowning. It was after I spoke to his spirit to find out where he wanted his belongings to go.

-Brian

I kept all the costume pieces for Kaydan when I retired him, and I've been sent into town as a scroll sailsment once as him. I kinda think it's a good idea to hang on to your last PCs gear so you can use pieces of it for NPCs (which I do regularly) If Xicris is killed or retired I fully intend to continue lugging that armor to game to use for NPCs.