ubergeek2012

Wouldn't it be cool if...All the PC's got to hang out together for a while?

How about we start designating the occasional shift where there are no NPCs or GMs on duty? I think it would be cool to be able to have the occasional chill time where people can relax together in character, have town meetings, hold IC feasts for the town, etc. It'll also give players that don't PC on the same shifts very often a chance to interact IC.

I'm thinking that this could become something that we could do for a few hours on a semi-regular basis. If not every game, then maybe every second or third.

The deadly "social gathering?" ;)

Kidding aside, I like this. It depends on everyone though -- if some people are coming to game strictly to kill things and get their stuff, they're going to be fairly annoyed by this shift if it's a routine thing.

I imagine that even if there's a "no monster hour" type deal, there will still be people who want to NPC, and that's pretty easy to set up.

This always results in death, in my experience.

You could very well be right, but I don't really see that as a problem. If an all PC gathering ends in bloodshed, then it's because that's what they wanted.

Uh-huh. Then I get to deal with all the dramaz and bad feelings that result for the next eighteen months. No thanks, count me out.

Not that I've been involved with Novitas that long, but the hour or so following the big battle on Saturday before everybody went to bed was one of the best experiences I've had yet. It was nice to just relax in-character and sit around a campfire.

I do agree that it should be "used sparingly" though.