trickster

Wouldn't it be cool if.....sleeping in character was taken advantage of?

I know a lot of pc's sleep IC. And I think it would be cool if gm's on the graveyard shift or early saturday morning took advantage of this. Anything like sending assasins or thiefs into cabins, or sending an army of orcs into town to take over since all the "heroes" of pinedale are sleeping. I just think sleeping IC is kind of pointless because I havent really seen anything happen with it. Also, anyone who sleeps in character should say so on here so we have an idea of how many people sleep IC and such.

the couple of times I've tried its been impossible to tell (at night) who is sleeping in or out, so I know that I personally have stopped bothering

This has been tried and it's been effectively impossible to differentiate between IC and OOC sleepers without waking them up first.

Orange glow sticks. We could have IC sleepers "opt-in" with red glow sticks or something. One outside the cabin if there's IC PCs inside, one on the bunk for the IC people.

I like Dave's glowstick idea. Also, we could have players who sleep IC stay with other people sleeping IC. So a whole cabin is IC. I know that all of Ravenwatch and everyone in our cabin sleeps IC. I also think most people in the inn sleep IC if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone at the Inn is far game I think. Its the rule right. In is IC all the time.

Also I think you need to mark yourself if your sleeping OOC. Orange tape?

Anyways my view is kill them all and sort them out when they are dead(awake),

36hr game all is fair.

Assassins have been sent out, and it's not impossible. But overusing it is just going to piss people off. once or twice a year isn't bad, but anything more than that is just a pain that makes the roleplaying aspect not worth it.

If you want to mark bunks or cabins IC at night, do NOT use orange. Orange strictly means OOC. Red would be okay, green better. Blue means magic so you know, it's also out of the question. Yellow would work well too, as well as purple.

We used to assume that if you didn't flag with orange AND use a glow stick you are IC.

I think this is fine and we don't need to change it. If you don't want to get attacked in your lil' bed then bring a glowstick to go with your flag. Beg borrow steal one. But if you don't have one, you made yourself a target.

Letting the Inn be IC 24hrs is fine with me. I think that makes it easier.

I might recommend using radically different colors for IC glowsticks vs OOG glowstics. maybe Green for IC and Red/orange for OOC, just so there's no confusion.

I never sleep in character because I can't sleep with the faekin makeup and eyecontacts on.

why do you need to mark yourself as IC? I though it was assumed to be IC unless flaged.

Everything they've said is true. You're assumed IC unless you mark yourself out.

Orange glowsticks, furious orange colors, etc is teh only way. If you sleep out-of-game you can't decide to jump ship just because you happen to be awake. It's all or nothing, baby!

I also agree that the inn should be IC from 6:00pm friday till 6:00am sunday

When I first heard of the overnight shift I was thrilled because I thought it was ALL NIGHT!!! what I'm saying is that if you want to be in character you should just PC the overnight shift. The GM responsibility could be split between 2 GMs and then the NPCs could also alternate that way everyone can get some sleep. The PCs will be responsible for organizing night watches while other get some sleep. Then the overnight shift would go very slowly with only one enconter every half hour or less.

This is what I thought the overnight was when I first heard of it and I still think it would be great if we could start doing it like that.

Part of the problem with the overnight is that it Kills saturday morning shift.