Sign in to follow this  
Aquilla

Roman Armor

As some of you know (and even more don't) I was working on a short, historical film a few years back. Our budget collapsed, and I got stuck with ten soldiers' worth of Roman armor. I managed to sell a lot of it (there's a number of Novitas-goers who wear/have worn it), but I still have a bit left. Unfortunately, I'm out of Segmentata (honestly, I don't even know where mine went...), but I do have a number of helmets that I'm looking to pass on. I figured I'd offer it to the KoN Community first, especially since we have so many new players.

Anywho; I'm looking to sell some of these Roman Legionnaire Helmets. For those of you who are history geeks like myself, they're modelled after the late 1st-early 2nd century style and they do a fairly decent job. They do require a little bit of love after being worn (Steel wool and silicone spray keeps the rust away nicely), and I would strongly reccomend a simple amount of padding (I wore a hand towel underneath on one desperate occasion). Those of you who are a bit rough-and-tumble might also want to see about asking one of our skilled KoN artisans to fit it with a proper chin strap or cord. As I recall (KoN Elites, feel free to correct if I'm wrong), they count as 1 point of universal armor, which can be quite handy to have. Obviously they would best serve players of the "Civenite" variety.

ROMAN LEGIONNAIRE HELMET - $50 (Cash, please)

Helmet.gif

If you're interested, please PM me ASAP and I'll bring them to the June event.

I also have one helmet fitted with a PRAETORIAN CREST and already having its chin strap installed. The crest can be bulky, but it definitely looks distinguished. If you're interested in that one, I'd ask for $75. I don't have my own photo, but it essentially looks like this guy.

Finally, I also have a number of Roman Gladii (broadswords). These obviously aren't permitted at KoN, but they're sweet at home.

ROMAN GLADIUS - $25 (Cash, please)

Gladius.gif

If you're interested, please PM me ASAP and I'll bring them to the June event.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!

I've been asked about available numbers:

I just did my "inventory," and it looks like i have 3 of the basic legionnaire helmets, 1 with the officer/Praetorian's plume, and 3 of the gladii left. If you're interested in any of them, please PM me ASAP. Thanks!

Sounds good, Dave.

The sword is sharpened at the tip, but not the edges. On a gladius, though, that's all that matters. Just FYI. I'll have them in June, no problem.

Thanks!

Anybody else interested? I'm going to have to make a run through Oswego on Friday (I don't mind) so I'll need to know what I'm grabbing. Lemme know ASAP.

I am kinda interested in the crested helm, but it's definitely not in the budget for this paycheck. I need to think about it a bit, but if nobody's claimed it by next payday I may want to go for it.

I'll take a basic helmet if you've got any left.

I am kinda interested in the crested helm, but it's definitely not in the budget for this paycheck. I need to think about it a bit, but if nobody's claimed it by next payday I may want to go for it.

So far, nobody's called it, Bob. (BTW, did you get my PM about a week ago?)

Also Alex, you wanna trade for rubber swords I'm game.

Looks like the regular trooper helms are taken. I've got bites from Dave, Dave, and Lew. No interest in the Praetorian/forward-crested helmet.

Only one of the swords (again, not for KoN'ing) is taken, but two more are still up for grabs if anybody wants them. I don't know if I'll still have these in September, so you if you're interested, bite ASAP.

Hey i am interested in the Praetorian Helmet and the two gladii if you still have them. I will be attending the event this weekend, if you get this and can bring them that would be great, I should be up there between 4:30 and 5 tomorrow with my group and would gladly take them at the beginning of the event if I can find you.

If anybody's still interested, I found another Gladius while doing some cleaning today. Its still wrapped, oiled, and unused. I'll bring it to the event on Friday, and we can meet up before everything gets started.

I'll stick with my original $25.00 if you want it. Just a reminder that this is not permitted at KoN, for hopefully-obvious reasons.

And I do still have the Praetorian helmet. I'll stick with $75.00 on that one, but I'm willing to consider an offer.

Let me know!

Bring both to me on Friday.

Does that mean you're calling them, Dave? I'll give you both for $80.00...