Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Some notes from the 2011 Staff Retreat

A few things got brought up that the staff think should be addressed. Rather than make individual posts for them, I'm just going to shoot off a list here. If you have questions, please ask. This is in no particular order.

++ NPCs: stop making it hard for people to find your loot. Particularly at night, if a player makes a reasonable attempt at searching you, give up your loot. Stop with this nonsense of "He said he searched my boot but the loot's in my sock, so nyah nyah!". You're there to make things fun for the PCs. Getting loot is fun. Give up your loot.

++ We do not have an "official" MySpace/Facebook/Twitter account, and are unlikely to do so anytime soon. While I understand that many of you enjoy chatting about KoN on those services, please bear in mind that we have a number of players who, for various and legitimate reasons, are undercover LARPers. DO NOT tag photos of people playing at KoN with their real names unless you know for absolute certain that the person is OK with this.

++ Our site fee will raise to $25 for a weekend event starting in April. Lodge dwellers are now on the hook for $35. XP given at sign-in will be increased accordingly to 3XP and 4 XP, respectively, at sign in. This is necessary if we are going to keep the Inn in a lodge. Renting the lodge doubles our site fee each weekend, and this has taken a chunk out of our financial reserves this year. I'm sorry if this hits anyone too hard, but we've held the line on cost for five years. Expenses aren't going down, and so we need this small increase.

++ We have scheduled a regular weekend event in July and August this year. This will probably mean that the tradition of summer fighter practices/picnics will cease.

The upside of the price increase is that it's as small as humanly possible while still making a dent in our costs, and with the changes in the Inn, even players whose PCs have no coin are guaranteed something to eat, so that $25 cost can cover the whole weekend, including most of your food.

I'm excited about the summer events because it means I'll finally be able to come back. At least for the summer...

In terms of loot, if you're wearing a Magic Item and they "make a reasonable attempt", but don't find the magic item, are we to just dump that to them as well??

Ie: *magic belt*.... Search your hair, neck, wrist, fingers, boots, pouches, pockets... or something similar.

I would suggest that every PC remember to ask "is anything you're wearing glowing blue?" which makes Tony's example irrelevant, since the answer from the NPC would be, "yes, my belt".

In terms of loot, if you're wearing a Magic Item and they "make a reasonable attempt", but don't find the magic item, are we to just dump that to them as well??

Ie: *magic belt*.... Search your hair, neck, wrist, fingers, boots, pouches, pockets... or something similar.

If they come close, give up the loots. Your job is to entertain the PCs. The PCs are not entertained when you hide loot.