Carrion

Rocktober!

Been coming over a year and this was my my favorite event thus far!

In no partiular order.

-The darkness worshiper batter we stumbled upon friday night. A battle the playboys were actually frightened of. Wraiths with abomination and strength? Awesome

-During that encounter, I learned how fast and far I can run in my plate. Actually quite pleased.

-Friday night started off a little slow, but after that, it was nonstop fun and adventure. Wraiths everywhere. Good to see most of the town working together, bad hearing of so many spirits being reaped. All worked out in the end.

-Awesome hearing and seeing IC the message of the Dellin invasion incoming.

-Vanya's wine. =)

-Meeting everyone I have yet to meet IC.

-Story time was awesome. What I heard of it at least. Really good stuff JC. Sucks I had to leave due to attacking bees. (allergic)

-Watching the archery tournament.

-Angus has some magic shtuff =)

-The pork was awesome.

-4 way truth or truth.

-Some of Angus' backstory finally being revealed for the first time.

-Alexandra made a good addition to the Playboys for the event. She is talkative I swear, just get her drunk.

-The endless orcs shift 3. Mend monstrous armor x6. Heal body x3. Still went down in the end. most intense orc battle I have come across. Good stuff guys. (sorry for the confusion of my armor being monstrous, didn't cheat, I swear lol)

-Getting to spend and flaunt my coin around more. Helping out some newer players selling some stuff on the cheap.

-Seeing everyone obviously.

-The weather. The moon.

-NPCing, trying to hook the apparently dissipated, sleeping inquisitor. Only to hook a random group of adventurers. Getting truth ribboned and actually turning a strict combat plot in to some RP stuff. Cromwell now has a new enemy!

-Combat ref and actually seeing combat.

-Plenty more I am sure! Awesome seeing everyone and awesome event!

well he is only 6 yrs old :)

Vany'a: "Where did this eye come from?"

Imp: "It was in a big bag! We got it from Wal-Mart."

Vany'a: /facepalm

No offense intended. It was a great costume and he was very entertaining.

I often just read this thread but here are a few of mine:

- Friday night with the pooping obsessed mushrooms:

Temprance "I wish there was a druid here to charm these these stupid things"

Me "I can't do that but think I have a diffent spell for that, where did they go.... Nature's Comand, why don't you guys go away now, thanks"

-Taking a moring run down around the lake to clear my head before all PC shift. It is really beautiful down by the sluethgate this time of year.

-Getting to talk to people during the fighter tounament espically Jacowitts. I'm worried about you old man, do you have dementia that you can't remember where you've been all this time?

-Playing poker, thaks for the buy in MacFathom I'm glad you won it back.

-Speaking my mind at the Septons meeting about how I fell about this town, glad no one asked me to speak my mind about my heritical religous views

-The hands across Novitas ritual was a calming way of bringing alot of us together and didn't end with a GM haha screw you. Instead we got to eat candy :)

-NPCing again. Sometimes I feel spread thin with GMing and Props, but the last few events I've gone back to going out on other peoples plots interspersly and it's been so much fun.

-NPCing with Titus is turning out to be fun, and keeping me on my toes with trying to remember a plot that's been running for sveral months now.

-Fighting... hehehe I killing blowed Octavius and ran around as a wraith, but I'm not sure who it was I killed when I stabbed them in the back :rolleyes:

-Being searched as a dead oooze by the Brave Companions. I only stopped laughing long enough to make dying ooze nosies one of which sounded slightly like a duck, what did that ooze eat?

Over all awesome weekend

+

PCing!!!!

Having at least five people say 'if you need anything I will help you". - Being a tiny girl for the win!!!

Eating from the moment I woke up and got dressed until I "went to sleep". Only once did I actually turn down food.... and that was only for a moment >.<

Walking in the woods with Birch once not on shrooms and another time as high as a kite.

Meeting Deirdre, and seeing her think out loud of the beauty of learning and the world , seeing her tear up and hug Michael for helping her 'share' that experience. <3

The Mushrooms!!! <3 <3 <3

Ribbon of truth.... "why would I lie? I do not understand"

Being a scary orc!!! I love you JaiQuan!

-

Not getting to do much fun NPCing.

Getting my spirit purified to get rid of the shroom poison against my will. :(

Then later not being able to heal some one that was having a 'bad trip'.

Being sent out to the wrong spot as NPC by myself at night. freaking out cause of the dark >.< Was very grumpy after that - sorry those running plot after that I really didn't want to do anything.

Ok the fun stuff right?

The funniest part of the weekend. While looting undead asking if they were wearing any cloths. I think that is a good compromise.

Npc

Spending 15 minutes in logistics. . .

Boglurking for most of the night is a major win. It is awesome rping spitting sounds even though I had run out of tagbags.

Dear Corey... I didn't take a single hit as a lurker and I only had one claw...

On that note thank you Cethan(sp?) for Rping me away.

The mock fight with my twin. I really hope you all enjoyed the show.

Team Edward bitch... "You had better leave before I kill you for out of game reasons..."

Pc

Watching the Fighters Turny

The History of Novitas

Talking to a mercenary in elvish "If you annoy me one more time I am going to take my boot and..." Looks at the group of elves around him... Now speaking in Sylvan "And cram it up your O.o" The out of game laughter was worth it :)

Walking with Birch and Nallowen(sp?) down around the swamp.

The sword rocks. Death to most undead, bagmen, and boglurkers.

Relaxing in the Inn. In or out of game if I invade your personal space too mush just kick my ass.

Getting downed for the 1st time in 3 events. Its nice to feel mortal... 2 blunts and 3 mortal wounds later, I rather feel immortal.

First game I have walked out with less coin than I walked in with.

Avelis "Don't go alone"

Blagar "I'm not, Michael is with me."

On that note I am skipping the rest of 4th shift because someone's twin brother dragged him into almost every plot sent out.

The worst part of the weekend is that the new boots I bought sucked. I wore out the leather on the back oby my heel with only one use and even when wearing two pairs of socks I still have killer blisters. Giant hole in boot+plus not being able to walk= Fail.

Overall had alot of fun. I hope to see everyone again next time.

OH OH OH!!! and the story of the WORLD!!!! <3 <3 TY JC or who ever thought of that, it was beautiful and made Nalowens' day!

1. Tammy, as the sociopath compulsionist. Damn good job playing the bitch!

:D

Thank you! She was fun!

Getting my spirit purified to get rid of the shroom poison against my will. :(

Ummm... Eliana definitely asked before she did that with the argument that the undead were coming out in full force at the time. There was no "against my will" about it. Now, Crimsonhawk got purified against his will. That's all Elrohir's doing. :P

In no real order:

Friday night Nox worshipers...so much for being ready for anything. Great battle; overconfidence completely gone.

Related: Almost dying in 4 separate encounters...GMs upped the challenge level, and I like it. Well...I like it while not being afraid of dying...Wraiths with Strength and Abomination? That 4th point of body paid for itself again and again (also...thanks to Kevin for insisting I buy heal body along with it).

More plot. I'm really enjoying what Ann and Julie are running for me. Even if I'm banned from using a Crimson Courier for 6 years. Father: rescued. Memories: retrieved. Next month: horrific monstrosities?

Harvest festival archery contest...great fun and Dave's perfect shot with the apple on Dan's head.

Realizing that Ivan would indeed pay 2000 coin for the cloak. I'll miss you, cloak...and...damn...Ivan's rich. On the other hand...he may just know he'll probably get a bunch of it back on "found" items in the future.

Non-stop event. Great job by all the GM staff, as I never had any real downtime on any shift and I don't think any other groups did either.

My Little Tony...watching the wraith flee in terror as he sung his song made it worth it.

Noticing that the weapons Goldwright was buying were Crimsonhawk's...

The return of Raines' baby...hopefully the last time we'll have to save that one.

Re: Bacon and mushrooms: The bacon was sold to and enjoyed by many. One man bought and enjoyed the entire box of uncooked mushrooms over the course of fourth shift.

1) HaRvusT fest! had a good time. got that damned fae plague all fixed up.

2) Ivan seeing Nalowen and asking avelis "Did you make her?" and only being able to reply with a shubaduWAH?

3) Last day of brown = last day of vlen ish garb. It was fun and easy while it lasted.

4)My Little Tony...win

5) Drinking a shot of Drens SAUCE...yeah, you know it. ;0

6) Finally deciding to give my character a backstory...a long..complicated...cheesy...history.

7) Riona: Are you okay, you aren't yourself

Avelis: not myself? I'm perfectly fine, I'm more myself than I've been in...a long LONG time.

Riona: You told me last year you where only 22 where you telling me the truth? or are you older?

Avelis: YES!

8)The entire town knowing that Octavius becomes three times the better fighter when he is missing a leg.

9) Being allowed to play an extra shift. popping one orange contact in and putting a streak of orange down my hair. the fae cure had tasted so good, my lips where blue from the sugar, when people made mention avelis simply responded "I've consumed three vials of the cure! An expriement to see if more dust makes you progress faster."

the reality: Avelis has an addiction :(

10)

9)Staring at GoST's logic puzzle, unsure, for the whole three minutes. Rosalia staring at me the whole time, only to have me figure it out, in my brain, ten seconds after my time was up.

I'm still a winner.

10) I suck at archery. I'm still a winner

11) Situation: Inquisitor-DEAD...Octavius-REAPED...Jackowitz-DEAD...Rosalia-Nowhere to be seen. Six darkness worshipped still alive.

I leave for five minutes to get help, we arrive, and you are all fine, somehow. You guys are really action heroes in the sense that the back up always arrives after you've beat the baddies.

12)Avelis returning to the "We have to solve this super important proble- ooh what's that? I've never seen that kind of flower before- m before it's too late, any questions?" You've had a season of the emo, now you get the bipolar.

13) Ivan: "FOOD FIGHT! *hurls pumpkins* "YOU GOT DICKS AROUND YOUR NECK! WANNA PLAY DELLIN GAMES?" *pulls knife*

14) Peanut butter pork was once again, amazing.

15) "don't you know who this is? this is VINCENT MCFATHOM...and he's gonna" *enemies rush vincent while avelis leg's it* oops.

16) I assure you THAT is not a ritual component. That is an apple...on a stick....no...I'm telling you. It's just an apple...on a stick.

17) Avelis making amends for the lives that he took last month. He brought the cure to the fae girl he had killed and infected while under the dominate spell. For her friends, who could not be brought back, he offered the girl his silver sword, vowing never to touch another sword as long as he lived.

18) Octopus Bad Fish

19) The town being inhabited once again. Oh, how I've missed you.

20) Jordan's and heathers new PCs. Still trying to figure you guys out, you seem epic though. :)

21) Real Ninjas wear monstrous plate underneath their clothing. Thanks mike!

22) Contact juggling Shen's glaive. that this is ridiculously big.

23) The female enthraller plot. I liked!

24) too tired to type moar.

Ummm... Eliana definitely asked before she did that with the argument that the undead were coming out in full force at the time. There was no "against my will" about it. Now, Crimsonhawk got purified against his will. That's all Elrohir's doing. :P

It wasn't you that purified me. It was Michael.

*gaaasp!* Oooh, just let Eliana hear about people pushing other people around. >< ELIANA SMASH!

Ok looking back... The event was amazing.

As a npc

The darkness worshippers and wraiths with strength and abomination. nothing more to be said.

Boglurker all night long after that... hiding out by the bazaar only to be found by mushroom people looking for poop... attacking one of said mushrooms and running off only to circle back and wait outside the bazaar. After that let just say lots and lots of unhappy citizens of pinedale. Going back around to the new in and watching someones spark getting reaped while i was literally able to touch them and the darkness guy did not see me. then going to the other side of the path and ambushing Nimess while he was carrying a sword of some kind "Holy Shit"

PC

Story time. AWESOME.

Spear of DOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Wraithbane I am going to buy another scroll of it next game for sure. Killing so many things with said enchanted spear of DOOOOOOOOM that some people thought i was ninja looting... Octavias. . .

Watching Michael play with poisen

Watching Bagmen affected by such poisen

Beating back 2 of 3 zombies / orcs only to be attacked by a wraith....

Cleaning out 5 undead at the inn while the good people of pinedale were trapped inside... "Hey whats with all of these bodies."

Coming to the aid of fellow citizens of Pinedale during the orc wardrum tree plot. And getting a drink for my heroism.

Attacking a darkness worshipper after he inchanted for magic swarm aiming at one of the three people who did not have a weapon all game long and the conversation that followed. Yes you all are crazy...

Way more to come but i have to go to work. =[

I love this game.

-Time with The BC BOYS

-Time with Agatha (BC GIRL?)

-Willow Plot... Zander did what?

-The look on Atticus's face when Zander popped the question was better then the one on Willow's

-Fighter's Tournament

-One day I will kill Aurum... Kevin knows something about me that I can't seem to figure out. Tell me your trick Gold Man!

-Avelis Being a Dick

-I laughed profusely when we got there and they were all alive but his cry of Octavius being reaped is the only thing to make Zander move that fast across the field in a very long time.

-Combat was not lacking in any shift

-Noncombat and Combat roles were all enjoyable this weekend.

-Killing Crimson Hawk

-Knowing we had to keep his stuff right in play because of how badly he just got rolled.

-Tidus is a penny pinching terd burglar

-Sidhan Knifing a Wraith

-After listening to all the fear of the wraiths and utter confusion of what everyone was fighting to have him stand there and two shot me with a dagger was hysterical.

Dislike: Losing at cards because the god damn things aren't labeled. I demand a rematch.

19. Getting legit worried when Elrohir went off on his own with a party and didn't come back for a while. Searching the back trails with Blagar for him. Thanks for caring, Blueberry. :)

I had a blast walking down the paths waiting to get ambushed. Only to find absolutely nothing... It was awesome rp though.

It wasn't you that purified me. It was Michael.

At least he didn't shove one in your mouth... Also more fun with rp and very unexpected.

-Willow Plot... Zander did what?

-The look on Atticus's face when Zander popped the question was better then the one on Willow's.

You should have seen the looks when I went back to logistics and told everyone. :D

They all cried with joy?

Also on a side note, I got a tick in my knee cap this weekend so people should know to still be keeping their eyes open. Death to all Ticks!

pictures were great! thanks.

Wingardium Leviosa!

6229000308_6cc33400f6_z.jpg

Photos are uploading to Flickr. They'll be fully uploaded here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenica26/sets/72157626677618046/with/6229000308/ in another hour or so.

"Meeting Deirdre, and seeing her think out loud of the beauty of learning and the world , seeing her tear up and hug Michael for helping her 'share' that experience. <3"

at first I was like what? drea wasn't there and then I got it oh you meant me! Hedera Helix, yeah does sound a little like deirdre, weird. i loved actually crying on the spot.

glad every one so far put up with me and Jordan's PC's :)

had a blast coming up with out there "wise" sayings and being wowed by every leaf tree and happening of nature.

"Wooh, did you ever notice how the sun is like a giant ball of burning light coming right at you!?, wooh"

mushroom tripping, it was just like a little more out there version of us ;)

feeling totally appropriate to give advise to any one I talked to.

The finger trap circle with 2 nobles and us hippies, "we are the tunnel! only you can go through the tunnel!"

Everyone was so nice to this pregnant girl, yall are really some great peoples.

NPC time getting to hang out with gost a lot and watching them in action, especially that old guy ;)

nice job with the shed!!!

Guest Elrohir Amandil

My list in some order or another:

1. The weather was so nice.

2. Bringing a small feast of root beer, cream soda, and junk food along with water. I like trying to keep the spirits of the NPCs up.

3. Playing a grave spawn has to be my new favorite NPC role. Casting strength on a wraith makes him twice as deadly. Woo.

4. Not feeling tremendously sick at any point during the game. I think taking vitamins during the game really prevented my usual weakness and headaches.

5. Getting to play on Team Jacob on shift 1 and then switching to Team Edward on shift 4. lawl

6. Being approached by a bunch of people on shift 1: "Hey, I need to talk to your character once we get started." ^_^

7. Nice moonlit sky made for easy night travel and fun combat.

8. Festival was great, plenty to like about the fighter tournament.

9. Participating in archery tournament.

10. Winning the logic tournament. L's reputation is secure. Prize is awesome, too.

11. Earning about 100 coin through transactions and plain ol' hard work.

12. Making it to savant level. Time to get the scroll collection going.

13. Oh, yeah. Potion bottles.

14. Being lead NPC of the Puppet Weed plot. Me: I really need to get that box back. Gerard: How did you get that box in the puppet weed? Me: Doesn't matter. I just have some skills. Gerard: Are you and evil Druid?!

15. Getting the shed set up. Nice to have our own stuff.

16. Good Golly's is fun as ever.

Overall a fun weekend. Thanks, guys.

Continuing from number 8...

9. The new players. Wow, we keep getting these amazing batches of new people.

10. My little Tony. We had a giggle fit in logistics.

11. Finding out that Peanut butter pork uses essentially the same sauce I make for Chicken Satay. Yum.

12. I'm badly paraphrasing this one. Feel free to correct me.

Walking with Shen and Catalus and having a conversation with Shen in Gershen. We turned to Catalus, wondering if he spoke the language.

Melina - "I'm not sure, let's find out."

Melina (still in Snow Goblin) - "Let's anally violate Catalus."

Catalus - "There's something wrong with you."

Melina (in common) - "Wait, you speak Gershen?"

Catalus (In common) - "I spent a lot of time around snow goblins, there are some words I understand."

Catalus (in Gershen) - "Anal"

Shen - "Wait, what?"

Dislike

1. The riddle game. Charging for clues is acceptable, if everyone gets the same option. Not cool to sell answers. Very unharvesty.

10. Winning the logic tournament. L's reputation is secure. Prize is awesome, too.

The only reason you won that was combat broke out behind me just as I had the solution. Go to pick up the first jar and I hear "We're gonna beat us up Bellasara!", then more yelling, then fighting. The combat ended, time ran out, and about 30 seconds later the solution came back to me.

Hard to pay attention to some jars of water when the people you are responsible for might be getting beat up 30' behind you. >.<